it's still not working. the new os isn't showing up in the application loader to choose for install. do i need to browse for it? if so, where is the file located?

thanks so much, don!
    this is a very straight forward upgrade. download, install, this will then load DM, add/remove/update and choose the appropriate OS.

Make sure you have the most recent DM installed on your machine and also make sure you dont have any other BB software installed...
    11-30-08 11:27 PM
    Did anyone notice the number of icons changed when turning over to .75. When i first got my BB i would turn it to landscape and i had a 4x4 selection of icons... and now its 3x4... any way to get the 4x4 back? hopefully im not overlooking an easy config in the settings.
    thx for the update
    11-30-08 11:28 PM
    What do you think Don?
    ...or anyone for that matter.....?

I think the first thing you should do is calm down and take a few deep breaths. Some people do not have what it takes to go off the beaten path and forge their own trails when it comes to electronics. You may be that guy. If I were you, I would just walk away from the phone and the computer for about 1-2 hours and give it time to do its thing. If you come back and it's still cycling through, then you know you have a problem. If this is the case, log back in and we will help you. There is nothing you can do to your phone with DM and a USB cable that you cannot undo.

Remember, breathe...
    11-30-08 11:29 PM
    Did anyone notice the number of icons changed when turning over to .75. When i first got my BB i would turn it to landscape and i had a 4x4 selection of icons... and now its 3x4... any way to get the 4x4 back? hopefully im not overlooking an easy config in the settings.
    thx for the update
    Mine is still 4x4. Anyway. Update went smoothly without any incidents. Good post. KUDOS!
    11-30-08 11:35 PM
    thx for the update
    options > advanced options > Accessibility
    11-30-08 11:35 PM
    Hello,
    I'm usually a Mac user but we have a Dell XPS in the office and I tried to use it to upgrade my storm but it's just not working!! Here's the situation:

I went to Blackberry Website
    Got the 4.7 Desktop Software
    Installed everything properly
    Connected Storm to computer (was recognized)
    I located the RIM folder on the PC and I can't find the desktop manager at all...

Other than that my friend got his to upgrade and it looks totally great. Looking forward to do the same soon...
    11-30-08 11:57 PM
    Not sure if all the poeple who installthe update but it says not updates found are runnign Vista. I have a Vista machine and I am trying to upgrade but it wont let me. I am installing DM on my other XP computer and will see if it works
    12-01-08 12:02 AM
    Wow this worked great. No problems at all and it probably took only 10minutes to update the phone.

One thing that I noticed was once it was finished I actually noticed that the phone was worse (slower/laggy-er), but after doing a battery pull it worked great.

Is doing a battery pull mentioned anywhere in the first post? If not I think you should add a little edit. Thanks for posting it though!
    12-01-08 12:06 AM
    So if you don't see this. During the update, when the screen says 'Connecting to USB Boot rom'.

Go to the Virtual Machine menu from Fusion (go out of unity or full screen if you're in it)

Go to USB >>

Select 'Connect Research in Motion' from the USB menu

In windows, a new driver will install automatically. At this point the upgrade process will continue.
    Exactly! It took me 2 try's. Good Luck! Let me know if it worked.
    12-01-08 12:08 AM
    OK, well, 1 day later and 1 reloaded PC, and I have .75!!! WOOHOOO!!!! Soooo much faster, and much, much nicer =P Thanks again for the leak, Don!
    12-01-08 12:09 AM
    The update worked perfectly for me. My storm worked fine before the update. I did notice after the update, it was a little sluggish, so I did a battery pull 2 times and then I left the battery out for around 10-12 minutes. After that, it has worked perfectly! Thanks Don!
    12-01-08 12:10 AM
    Not sure if all the poeple who installthe update but it says not updates found are runnign Vista. I have a Vista machine and I am trying to upgrade but it wont let me. I am installing DM on my other XP computer and will see if it works
    Confirmed on my end... Vista would not work after uninstalling reinstalling Dm and OS several times.

One install on XP and it worked just fine, in progress now
    12-01-08 12:18 AM
    Easy to install... Overall performance of the phone is impoved
    12-01-08 12:20 AM
    Phone is much more responsive, good 1st update
    12-01-08 12:21 AM
    Hello,
    I'm usually a Mac user but we have a Dell XPS in the office and I tried to use it to upgrade my storm but it's just not working!! Here's the situation:

I went to Blackberry Website
    Got the 4.7 Desktop Software
    Installed everything properly
    Connected Storm to computer (was recognized)
    I located the RIM folder on the PC and I can't find the desktop manager at all...

Other than that my friend got his to upgrade and it looks totally great. Looking forward to do the same soon...
    i dont mean to sound like a sarcastic ***...but...did you download the .75 exe from this thread...or just DM? I mean getting DM open is step one...but you failed to mention downloading .75 in your steps which may slow you down
    Last edited by zschiffman; 12-01-08 at 12:34 AM.
    12-01-08 12:29 AM
    I love it, I love it, I love the update. Did I mention I love it?

lol
    12-01-08 12:32 AM
    I really am happy with the update as well. And do you know how I knew the Storm was making me happy? I looked at an iPhone and I thought it looked ugly!
    12-01-08 12:46 AM
    Confirmed on my end... Vista would not work after uninstalling reinstalling Dm and OS several times.

One install on XP and it worked just fine, in progress now
    I still can't get it to install. I'm also running Vista so I'm going to have to assume that that's the problem. If anyone out there is using Vista and has successfully installed the update, please let us know as I don't have access to a computer with XP to test the difference.
    12-01-08 12:49 AM
    I was able to update using Vista, no problems. I have both Home on my desktop and Ultimate on my Laptop.
    12-01-08 12:52 AM
    Thanks for the link.
    12-01-08 12:54 AM
    After updating everything is a little smoother but my phone restarted twice already today. That never happened to me in the previous version.
    12-01-08 01:03 AM
    battery pull has helped a lot of people after the update and had better results
    12-01-08 01:05 AM
    After updating everything is a little smoother but my phone restarted twice already today. That never happened to me in the previous version.
    argh this is the reason i am iffy on installing it. my phone hasnt done this with .65, the number of people experiencing this with .75 is growing.
    12-01-08 01:07 AM
    if you dont like the update, you can always go back to .65
    12-01-08 01:09 AM
    is there anyway i can install this on a mac?
    12-01-08 01:17 AM
1,452 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD