Just finished updating to .75 and Man was it easy !!!

Followed the instructions step by step and it took all of 25 minutes.

Portrait to Landscape is nearly immediate and while I do not notice many other changes I am sure they are there.

THANKS A MILLION Don !!
    11-30-08 08:10 PM
    is it updating core applications?

I downloaded the update(exe).... installed it on my pc then I brought up the DM software, detected the updates and away they went...
    11-30-08 08:11 PM
    so it ran the first (leaked) OS and now its running again?

your phone should restart twice....
    11-30-08 08:14 PM
    so it ran the first (leaked) OS and now its running again?

your phone should restart twice....
    It hasn't restarted ONCE.. It has never restarted...

I got this message thru the first "update" and now I get it again...

The progress bar has completed and it looks as if the update has finished.
    I get a pop up that says;

====================================
    Connection Prompt

The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device.

You may need to enter the password on the device.

Retry Cancel
    ====================================

The last time(first time) it did this I hit retry......

I don't want to do anything now.....

I think its effed up............

C
    11-30-08 08:19 PM
    I DLd this earlier today [when this post was still at like 12pgs lol] and tried to install.. said it completed and updated, but didn't [still says .65 under about, after batt pulls, etc] BUT it was interrupted by random people calling me during it

So I DLd it and tried again... same thing. Finished in like 5min so it def. didn't work.

So.. I'm giving it one last go-sies [redownloading it from the link...again]. IDK if it's my phone or just.. what? It's almost getting quite annoying, tbh.
    11-30-08 08:32 PM
    So what should I do....?

Cancel????

I'm concerned that my storm is monumentally screwed up after this update...
    11-30-08 08:32 PM
    I tried 3-4 times to get this to work - same setup as you (mac, latest version of Parallels). Finally gave up and was successful using a Dell PC.

I know this doesn't help you with your Mac but maybe you can get your hands on a PC???
    I upgraded without a hitch using VMWare... I am surprised Parallels didnt work for you guys.
    11-30-08 08:35 PM
    So what should I do....?

Cancel????

I'm concerned that my storm is monumentally screwed up after this update...

What do you think Don?
    ...or anyone for that matter.....?

Think I'm screwed here?
    11-30-08 08:51 PM
    Got the OK to leak the updated OS...so here you go

Don Nguyen � Blog Archive � OS 4.7.0.75 leak

Comments are appreciated...

Direct download link - http://www.ndnguyen.com/bbstorm/9530..._A4.7.0.75.exe

this is not an OTA update...this is a desktop update. This also requires a PC as a Mac will not run an executable file

Link on Digg.com

INSTRUCTIONS:

OS .75 - Feedback and Review - Comparison to .65

DO NOT DELETE VENDOR.XML IF YOU ARE RUNNING ON VERIZON SINCE THIS IS THE VERIZON RELEASE.

Ignore this message and continue:
    "Warning: After completing the loading operations, you must activate your device wirelessly to continue to send and recieve messages and use other BlackBerry services. If you do not want to continue with this loading operation, press Cancel."

If you brick your phone

If you do not have the Application Center, follow these steps:

1. log into BlackBerry Internet Service
    2. click service books
    3. click send service books

NOTE: Installation time varies between 15 minutes and an hour and a half. Please be patient
    Don,

How do we upgrade if we have a Mac?
    11-30-08 09:07 PM
    Followed instruction and got new version!!!!

Not seeing any diff in accelerometer like others have claimed...but

everytime I power on/off I get asked if I want my SIM to auto detect GSM/CDMA...?

I keep saying "no". Is this correct?
    11-30-08 09:08 PM
    say yes...

for mac use vmware

cecil....i'm not sue...pretty stumped
    11-30-08 09:19 PM
    successfully installed .75...and it's definitely quicker...and the accelerometer is definitely improved...however, I'm still having the same issue that when I receive txts, most of the time (even though it is set to LOUD) there is no tone, so I have to constantly be checking the LED to see if I have unread txts...wtf....I might have to go exchange my Storm....unless this is a known problem...but I haven't seen this posted anywhere else.....
    11-30-08 09:19 PM
    I upgraded, but now my phone lost its connection to my BES. I need to get my emails, but can't get reactivated until Tuesday when I'm back in the office. Is there a way to restore back to before the update and restore the connection to the BES?
    11-30-08 09:21 PM
    Don your the man! thanks a lot!!!!!!!
    11-30-08 09:24 PM
    Downloaded and all worked the first time!!
    Huge HUGE difference when turning the phone.
    I also noticed I lost me Owner info on the main screen after doing this and also when on the bb menu screen hit the bb menu button,hit options to change the amount of shortcuts ect. no longer always works.
    Some times it does must of the time does not.
    I would say that the good out weighs the bad.

thanks,
    Mike
    11-30-08 09:37 PM
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled this update about 10x today and i can't figure it out. Here is what I am doing.... (someone please help!) after I download and install the leaked version I open desktop manager, then I connect my blackberry... it gives me the option to upgrade to v.75 so i select then... then it starts to back up everything and then says connecting to Boot ROM... then the phone restarts... still says connecting to Boot ROM... phone restarts again... then it says Error " A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software, Please try again" I can't figure it out... My phone will then restart and work fine in version .65 , if anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated... I don't know if this matter but I am on a mac... running the new version of paralles... Thank you!!!
    I had the same problem but in Fusion. When it came to the part "connecting to Boot ROM" I watched it pop up in connect usb option, I take it that it now has a new driver and you have to tell Parralles and Fusion to connect the new device. I saw it pop up and hit connect and it continued on with the install with no other problems.
    11-30-08 10:05 PM
    So I've downloaded and installed the .exe file but I can't get the new OS to install on the phone. I tried deleting and re-installing the file and going through the Application Loader through Desktop Manager but it still says that I have the most recent software installed although the About file on the Storm says that it's version 65.

Any suggestions?
    11-30-08 10:09 PM
    successfully installed .75...and it's definitely quicker...and the accelerometer is definitely improved...however, I'm still having the same issue that when I receive txts, most of the time (even though it is set to LOUD) there is no tone, so I have to constantly be checking the LED to see if I have unread txts...wtf....I might have to go exchange my Storm....unless this is a known problem...but I haven't seen this posted anywhere else.....
    Same thing happens to me occasionally.
    11-30-08 10:10 PM
    Downloaded and all worked the first time!!
    Huge HUGE difference when turning the phone.
    I also noticed I lost me Owner info on the main screen after doing this and also when on the bb menu screen hit the bb menu button,hit options to change the amount of shortcuts ect. no longer always works.
    Some times it does must of the time does not.
    I would say that the good out weighs the bad.

thanks,
    Mike
    I'm a first time BB user and I have to say wow I'm definitely hooked (it comes to the bathroom with me lol).
    I did the upgrade, everything sped up..very nice. Only issue I have is the above where the options for the home screen doesn't work correctly. Works after I do a battery pull then when I exit out and try to go back into it can't (just doesn't do anything). All in all a major improvement over .65
    11-30-08 10:10 PM
    So I've downloaded and installed the .exe file but I can't get the new OS to install on the phone. I tried deleting and re-installing the file and going through the Application Loader through Desktop Manager but it still says that I have the most recent software installed although the About file on the Storm says that it's version 65.

Any suggestions?
    run the exe which should then prompt you to open DM...connect your phone and do a add/remove/update and choose the appropriate OS
    11-30-08 10:20 PM
    Installed the update on the first try with no problems.

I'm not seeing any major improvements with speed or the accelerometer, but I wasn't having any significant problems with either on .65. Overall, it does seem more responsive and less glitchy.

I'm either crazy or the landscape typing has been dramatically improved. I have been making far less mistakes while typing. All I can guess is that the key response has been improved and can now keep up or the calibration of the letters has been adjusted.

Thanks for posting this OS, Don!
    11-30-08 10:26 PM
    may also want to pull the battery...
    11-30-08 10:28 PM
    it's still not working. the new os isn't showing up in the application loader to choose for install. do i need to browse for it? if so, where is the file located?

thanks so much, don!
    11-30-08 10:50 PM
    I had the same problem but in Fusion. When it came to the part "connecting to Boot ROM" I watched it pop up in connect usb option, I take it that it now has a new driver and you have to tell Parralles and Fusion to connect the new device. I saw it pop up and hit connect and it continued on with the install with no other problems.
    So if you don't see this. During the update, when the screen says 'Connecting to USB Boot rom'.

Go to the Virtual Machine menu from Fusion (go out of unity or full screen if you're in it)

Go to USB >>

Select 'Connect Research in Motion' from the USB menu

In windows, a new driver will install automatically. At this point the upgrade process will continue.
    11-30-08 11:23 PM
    Mine still isn't working either, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it [to my comp] maaany times now. Then it'll ask me to start DM, which I say yes.. plug in the BB.. it connects and I'll go into the app loader and it either won't have any new apps / no upgrades avail.

I'm about to just give up on it
    11-30-08 11:26 PM
1,452 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD