anyone do it with parallels?
    there have been reports of people doing this with bootcamp, so i dont see why it wouldnt work
    11-30-08 03:43 PM
    anyone do it with parallels?
    I tried about 3 times last night and kept getting that 'fatal' error. I finally gave up and decided to try it on Dell XP - didn't have access to the Dell last night. I'm running it right now and it looks like it should run successfully. side note-on my first attempt last night it wiped out all my music on the SD card. Fortunately no other phone issues.
    11-30-08 03:46 PM
    I just finished downloading the OS and am now installing it... oh I can't wait!!!
    11-30-08 03:47 PM
    I tried about 3 times last night and kept getting that 'fatal' error. I finally gave up and decided to try it on Dell XP - didn't have access to the Dell last night. I'm running it right now and it looks like it should run successfully. side note-on my first attempt last night it wiped out all my music on the SD card. Fortunately no other phone issues.
    what version of parallels are you using?
    11-30-08 03:49 PM
    Problem here:

Backed up the BB
    Installed the new OS
    It booted, but without any of my contacts, etc
    Restored the BB

I see the new OS is installed, and there is a great improvement, but I'm missing the App center AND my browser.

I get this message:

"Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entires."

What gives?
    11-30-08 03:51 PM
    I would like to see a ChangeLog from Blackberry or someone. I would like more significant new features.

Here are my findings so far from my original bugs.

1) When device is turned off and audible keyboard is enabled device still beeps FIXED
    2) When in call, pressing the phone to your face causes transition from speaker, to mute, to flash, etc., plus an annoying beep. Beep fixed, but phone transcends in to sub-menus such as "Show Keypad", "Notes", "Home", "Calendar", "View Contact". Proximity is working now on the main buttons, but still disabled for the ones mentioned above. Result 66% FIXED
    3) Battery Issue - Undetermined
    4) Unable to Delete Flickr and Facebook Completely (I am not going to be their ***** just cause I use blackberry) - NOT FIXED
    5) Screen Lag in Various Apps - PARTIAL I found that when brining up images and rotating the phone during the page initialization caused a huge lag. I suspect it's going to take several more updates.
    6) Portrait Landscape Over Sensitivity when in the Horizontal - NOT FIXED When doing BB from a horizontal position blackberry changes orientation too easily.

Features I wish I had that I don't:

1) Vibrational Key Press Response
    2) Tab, Shift-Tab on Keyboard
    3) Selector Zoom (aka iPhone)
    4) Key Press Indicator above key (aka iPhone)
    5) Page/List Navigation Capabilities with Acceleration (aka iPhone)

Please keep in mind this is my first Blackberry, so I am new. Also note that all my BES services came back no problem.

Regards,

TheWitness
    11-30-08 03:55 PM
    Problem here:

Backed up the BB
    Installed the new OS
    Restored the BB

I see the new OS is installed, and there is a great improvement, but I'm missing the App center AND my browser.

I get this message:

"Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entires."

What gives?
    NM, *228 and pulled the battery... got it to show up.

Storm On
    11-30-08 03:57 PM
    Don,

You ROCK! Thanks for the update. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly!!
    Thank's Again!
    11-30-08 03:57 PM
    Problem here:

Backed up the BB
    Installed the new OS
    Restored the BB

I get this message:

What gives?
    resend your service books....steps in the first post
    11-30-08 03:58 PM
    Problem here:

Backed up the BB
    Installed the new OS
    Restored the BB

I get this message:

What gives?
    options > advanced options > host routing table, menu key, register now..
    11-30-08 04:00 PM
    Anyone know if this works on a UK vodafone 9500 ??
    11-30-08 04:01 PM
    NO it does not
    11-30-08 04:02 PM
    I have also found improvement when locking and unlocking the device, thanks for the info.
    11-30-08 04:13 PM
    Can someone help please? Whenever I download this(Vista) from the posted link It always seems like it dl's smoothly, but when I go to DM and look for the update nothing happens. When it is dl'ing though the file says only "4.7.0." and that's it, not 75. I can't seem to figure this out
    11-30-08 04:24 PM
    I am trying to download the file on vista. I keep getting "Error reading setup initializiation file". Did anyone else get this error? Or does anyone know how to fix it?
    11-30-08 04:24 PM
    Can someone help please? Whenever I download this(Vista) from the posted link It always seems like it dl's smoothly, but when I go to DM and look for the update nothing happens. When it is dl'ing though the file says only "4.7.0." and that's it, not 75. I can't seem to figure this out
    You do realize that you have to install it right.

I am trying to download the file on vista. I keep getting "Error reading setup initializiation file". Did anyone else get this error? Or does anyone know how to fix it?
    I have vista and I did not have a problem.
    If you are deleting the vender.xml file... DON'T
    11-30-08 04:28 PM
    Can anyone that has installed the 4.7.0.75 update and has a holster comment on whether the "sound in holster" option has been fixed?

Specifically, when setting the sound in holster option to NO, it will still ring.

Thanks for testing this.

PS: BGR has gotten ahold of 4.7.0.76 and noted many more bug fixes. You may want to wait a day or two before wasting time on the leak.
    11-30-08 04:29 PM
    Thanks...very nice.
    11-30-08 04:29 PM
    I Installed this last night on my Vista Server 2008 Machine with no problems.
    11-30-08 04:30 PM
    I'm sorry Im kinda new but I have another quick Q. Now when I try to back up my storm it stops and says "can not backup databases"??????? I've been at this forever today and can not get this OS installed..
    11-30-08 04:31 PM
    @jeffreysmills

It would not be a waist. We still don't know when the official release will be out. It could be 1 day or it could be 1 week. This helps fix a lot of things (not all) that were buggy on 65. You can always get this and then the official. There's nothing stopping you.
    11-30-08 04:32 PM
    Yeah thanks. This is after it says its installed! It does nothing afterwards.
    11-30-08 04:34 PM
    HUGE improvement, thanks.

Premature or not, it makes the phone usable for those of us who can't use the SureType keyboard.
    11-30-08 04:34 PM
    Don,

after I download the .exe, I run it and it give me an error that it needs a file to run. Do you have any suggestions for me..
    11-30-08 04:44 PM
    So Don, was .76 the reason you were able to 'leak' .75? BGR released some information on .76, so i figured you were able to release .75 to us because it will most likely not be released to the public.

If that is the scenario, I just wanted to say thank you for thinking of us when doing so, I know a few of us have been having problems with updating their storms (not me) but I'm sure they will work out the kinks. Thanks for at least feeding our OS hungry taste buds for however long we have until OS .76 (or higher) is released.

It's just a question, but as I've said earlier in this thread a couple times,thank you very much for the leak. My storms seen a major improvement and I no longer have to explain to all my friends about the small issues every time one occurs when they are messing around with the phone.

-Atylr92
    11-30-08 04:57 PM
1,452 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD