it doesnt matter...just run the exe

just make sure that DM is not running while you are running the leak exe
    Thanks for your help. I am going to try this on another computer. If it doesn't work, I will just have to wait.
    11-30-08 12:26 PM
    good luck...
    11-30-08 12:28 PM
    I've tried everything in the book, but still cant get DM to recognize or locate the downloaded update. all I get is' "No software update is required for your device".

Rerun the .exe, with dm off and your BB disconnected from your pc, at the end of the exe install is the finish screen with a checkbox to start dm, check it, after dm starts, plug your BB in and the prompt to upgrade should pop up...
    11-30-08 12:30 PM
    Not sure what the heck is wrong with my PC but it is working on my laptop. It's installing right now.
    11-30-08 12:34 PM
    11-30-08 12:38 PM
    don, you are officially the man. even with so many people being complete window licking helmet wearing ******* the other day you still made it available to the masses. very cool.
    11-30-08 12:39 PM
    Nice video
    11-30-08 12:44 PM
    Nice video
    Maybe its my settings but I can't get the icons to follow my finger like it does in the vid. Besides that which really is no big deal to me my Storm is a lot better now.

Thanks for the update Don.
    11-30-08 12:47 PM
    check ur screen/keyboard settings
    11-30-08 12:53 PM
    Maybe its my settings but I can't get the icons to follow my finger like it does in the vid. Besides that which really is no big deal to me my Storm is a lot better now.

Thanks for the update Don.
    i posted this a few days ago, here ya go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hom...ercial-104935/
    11-30-08 12:55 PM
    I am trying to install update however when it goes to connect with Boot Rom and shuts my phone off a few seconds later I get this: A fatal error has occured while updating your software. Everything was going exactly like a normal update until this point please help i want .75

Note that after this occurs my phone is fine but still on .65
    11-30-08 01:00 PM
    right, so i am going to seem like a complete noob probably, but i am trying to upgrade and it says i may need to enter in a password for my blackberry. What is this? I have not changed anything since i opened the box password wise, what do i do?

it says, blackberry desktop manager is unable to connect, you may need to enter in your password.

or it just sits at "Connect to the JVM" for ever and a day.
    Last edited by Taurinh24; 11-30-08 at 01:12 PM.
    11-30-08 01:01 PM
    not sure...let us know when u get your phone
    I will glady! too bad its sunday or i would tell you now. That video rocked..looks like the storm just needed a new OS. I m not a blackberry tech but i am a computer tech. alot of the problems sounded mostly like operator error to me....we will see cant wait to get mine. Anyway thanks everyone u have provided help to all of us newbies.
    Last edited by elad1; 11-30-08 at 01:20 PM.
    11-30-08 01:02 PM
    Don! thanks for sharing.......joe
    11-30-08 01:05 PM
    wow... 47 pages in less than 24 hrs. I'm supposed to get my phone sometime before the 8th() is this update suppose to already be on the phone by this week?
    11-30-08 01:10 PM
    a you da man
    11-30-08 01:16 PM
    wow... 47 pages in less than 24 hrs. I'm supposed to get my phone sometime before the 8th() is this update suppose to already be on the phone by this week?
    we dont know, but please let us know when you receive your phone
    11-30-08 01:18 PM
    I am trying to install update however when it goes to connect with Boot Rom and shuts my phone off a few seconds later I get this: A fatal error has occured while updating your software. Everything was going exactly like a normal update until this point please help i want .75

Note that after this occurs my phone is fine but still on .65
    I am having the same problem, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall a few times... any suggestions???
    11-30-08 01:23 PM
    why are you running boot rom and not DM?
    11-30-08 01:25 PM
    Thanks Don for the OS leak, just got through installing to my storm and although i didnt have many problems with mine before,but it is running noticeably smoother. This is my 3rd BB, hated the other 2 and vowed never to get another one, until the storm, this is the best phone i have ever owned hands down.
    11-30-08 01:27 PM
    I am getting an "Error reading setup Initialization file" anytime I try to open the downloaded file. Has anyone had to deal with this problem yet? Thanks.
    Well I'm sure this is a stupid question but here goes. I was up till 3am doing the update and I can say it is worth the time. But when it was putting my backed stuff back on something happened and I now have no contacts and I can't send an email...
    There is a folder that has my info in it in my documents but I have no idea how to put it back on my phone. When I open desk top manager it has no option to restore available..

Thanks
    why are you running boot rom and not DM?
    this is what I am doing, once I have installed the download exe file... I run blackberry desktop manager, then I connect my storm, it says there is an update to version .75, I click then next button, then it shows everything that will be updated, and I click next, then it begins to install something and then on the screen is says Boot rom... it stays there for a little bit, then it says fatal error occured... am I doin something wrong, the phone just resets and works fine, but its still .65?
    11-30-08 01:29 PM
    BES wont reactivate. ive tried several times. is it most likely that my company IT has a different password than they gave me last week or something else?
    11-30-08 01:29 PM
    Hi all

Benn at this for 2 ours and I can not get this loaded. Follwed instructions, when DM came up said update availible and it proceded for about 15 minutes. Said finished/completed (cant remember) but I am still at .65 When I look at DM applications it shows 4.7 and if I click software and then detail then modules all avilible is .65 Under update software it says current. I am running vista if that matters Thanks
    11-30-08 01:30 PM
1,452 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD