Well after killing my storm the first time around I had to re install from scratch and it picked 75 without me agreeing. Either way the phone runs excellent compared to 65, thanks Don

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 11:43 AM
    I thought Crackberry didn't allow linking to unauthorized software releases. And here we have Kevin himself posting in this thread like a giddy school girl. Interesting turn of events.

BTW, this re-arranged all the photos in my folders--I would recommend taking the MSD card out before updating.
    11-30-08 11:44 AM
    I did update last night and then went to sleep. Things are much faster

screen turns
    messaging
    browser
    over all performance of device is much better

Wanted to say thanks for the access to the image sooner than expected. I am really digging it.

To all the guys/gals helping everyone out, hope you all get some rest today before Monday hits.
    11-30-08 11:47 AM
    WooHoo!!

Thanks Don!

Just updated seamlessly and she's working "neater than Skeeter's peter"

BTW, after installing the new DM, the update took all of 17 minutes.
    11-30-08 11:47 AM
    I went through the steps, but skipped several. Just installed the update on my PC, hooked my Storm up via USB data cable, opened Desktop Manager, and clicked through the screens. I didn't have to back up my third-party applications or anything. It was all very smooth.

I concur
    11-30-08 11:48 AM
    Over 50,000 views. Unbelievable!
    Hmm, Now Verizion has a nice little test bed of Beta testers (All of US) to run this software through the hoops before they release the rest of the STORMs to the general public. SO be vocal, post your likes and dislikes in the appropriate threads...................

In the Words of the "Great One" ,,,,, And Away We Go !!!!!!!!!
    11-30-08 11:50 AM
    I thought Crackberry didn't allow linking to unauthorized software releases. And here we have Kevin himself posting in this thread like a giddy school girl. Interesting turn of events.
    Excellent point. As soon as I saw it posted, I figured it would be removed quickly.
    11-30-08 11:52 AM
    i woke up thinking this would be gone...but here it is still going strong
    11-30-08 11:55 AM
    This may have already been asked... I hope it hasn't, but when will Verizon be offering this update on their update site? And do you know of any other changes that might take place between now, and when they decide to offer the update to all?

My Storm is on its way, and I am wondering which OS it will be running when it gets here...
    11-30-08 11:55 AM
    Seems to be faster in response time. Certainly switching from portrait to landscape is smoother.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 11:58 AM
    Is there a mirror for this file. I can not get through on the main link.
    11-30-08 11:58 AM
    i woke up thinking this would be gone...but here it is still going strong
    Where would it go? Was a pro hookup!
    11-30-08 11:59 AM
    you shouldnt be having any problems with the main link...just make sure you're using a computer and not ur phone, as people had problems with that
    11-30-08 12:00 PM
    Where would it go? Was a pro hookup!
    usually these leaks are deleted pretty fast
    11-30-08 12:00 PM
    I am using my laptop and keep getting time out issues. Let me try another PC. I tried two browsers and no go so far.
    11-30-08 12:04 PM
    I've tried everything in the book, but still cant get DM to recognize or locate the downloaded update. all I get is' "No software update is required for your device".
    11-30-08 12:08 PM
    I've tried everything in the book, but still cant get DM to recognize or locate the downloaded update. all I get is' "No software update is required for your device".
    Same here.

Question..just want to make sure I am not missing anything. In the instructions it says "Download the Leak, then:" Then in step 4 it says "4. Download desired OS to your PC." The desired OS is the leak right? Is there something else I have to download?
    11-30-08 12:12 PM
    freebirds87 This may have already been asked... I hope it hasn't, but when will Verizon be offering this update on their update site? And do you know of any other changes that might take place between now, and when they decide to offer the update to all?

My Storm is on its way, and I am wondering which OS it will be running when it gets here...
    This update i belive comes out December 5th.
    11-30-08 12:13 PM
    usually these leaks are deleted pretty fast
    Don,
    Never Kevin even put you on the home page..........YOU ROCK!

YOU ARE A STAR IN THE CRACKWORLD!!!!!!!!!
    11-30-08 12:13 PM
    Same here.

Question..just want to make sure I am not missing anything. In the instructions it says "Download the Leak, then:" Then in step 4 it says "4. Download desired OS to your PC." The desired OS is the leak right? Is there something else I have to download?
    yes, the desired OS is the leak
    11-30-08 12:15 PM
    OK another question. The steps where it says "disconnect your BB from DM" does this mean I completely unplug the BB from USB? Or do I just close out of DM? Just want to make sure I am doing everything right.
    11-30-08 12:17 PM
    disconnect the cable...you'll know when everything is done because the DM screen will return to the main page...you can unplug from there
    11-30-08 12:21 PM
    Boy just the other day people were bad mouthing Don because he had this release and could not release it to all per his friends request and now he does get the permission and posts it and all are his best friend. Glad to see the kids made up and are playing nicely now. LOL
    11-30-08 12:22 PM
    disconnect the cable...you'll know when everything is done because the DM screen will return to the main page...you can unplug from there
    I mean before running the leak file. Disconnect?
    11-30-08 12:24 PM
    it doesnt matter...just run the exe

just make sure that DM is not running while you are running the leak exe
    11-30-08 12:25 PM
1,452 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD