WOW when i finished updating last night there were 16 pages, i check back this morning and there are 42 pages!!! LOL my updates is working great, Thanks!
    LOL! Yeah... I guess people were just a LITTLE anxious for this, huh??
    11-30-08 11:03 AM
    updating now cant wait!
    11-30-08 11:09 AM
    Smooth update and it's much better. Thanks very much!
    11-30-08 11:11 AM
    sorry... it will come back, you just added some time and adrenaline to the mix...

Just keep trying and posting results or questions, there's a ton of help here, and alot of people will be in your shoes over the next couple months...[/QUOTE]

My blackberry isnt gng dead, it just wont install the update, once I get the error it just restarts... during the install processes it just wont get past the connecting to boot rom... then and error comes up and it says try again...???
    11-30-08 11:11 AM
    Hey dude... just wanted to apologize. I was one of the doubters from your post the other night.
    You're a credit to the uniform, Captain...
    11-30-08 11:12 AM
    When will it be OTA? I have a mac.
    11-30-08 11:13 AM
    You're a credit to the uniform, Captain...
    Why thank you sir.
    11-30-08 11:14 AM
    I'm on the line with Verizon..like I said before I CANT GET THE PHONE TO CONNECT..

I tried the battery pull with pc reboot, unplugging the bb and replugging it in, forcing it..

I'll see if tech support can help..
    11-30-08 11:15 AM
    When will it be OTA? I have a mac.
    Supposedly the first part of December. You can probably make your way to a PC before it comes OTA.
    11-30-08 11:16 AM
    sorry... it will come back, you just added some time and adrenaline to the mix...

Just keep trying and posting results or questions, there's a ton of help here, and alot of people will be in your shoes over the next couple months...
    My blackberry isnt gng dead, it just wont install the update, once I get the error it just restarts... during the install processes it just wont get past the connecting to boot rom... then and error comes up and it says try again...???[/QUOTE]

Disconnect your bb, do a battery pull...
    Reinstall .75, (rerun the .exe file), after the exe has finished, there will be a prompt with a checkbox to start desktop manager, check the box, after dm has started up, connect your storm, you should get a prompt to upgrade and all should be well...
    11-30-08 11:16 AM
    The fix is in, and it's definitely an improvement. For me, multimedia was far less an issue than was the accelerometer (which shows definite improvement). Scrolling is a little better, too (albeit not "snappy"-- not a big deal for me). VCast button was added to the Options screen.

I seem to have lost the little strip of buttons across the bottom of the dialer (phone) keypad screen, though. I think there were three buttons down there (one being for voicemail...I know you can press and hold "1" ). Just an observation.

Total time (from fresh reboot-- I like purging all the "junk" running in the background prior to this sort of install) to being up and running: 18 min. I'd kept it pretty "empty" knowing this was coming.

Longest stretch of "pick and wonder/hope" time: 10min. during an exceptionally long reboot cycle (where all the goodness of the update are presumably taking on the phone-- the creeping crawl of the little blue strip at the bottom).

Patience helps (starting with reading through the earlier posts where the instructions are spelled out very clearly). Again, my Storm was nearly bare (save for contacts and some appointments), so this is probably on the earlier part of the timing bell curve. But it works. It's not quirky (ie- suggestive of malicious intent). It works better than the previously existing OS.

Thank you, DN!
    11-30-08 11:18 AM
    I'm on the line with Verizon..like I said before I CANT GET THE PHONE TO CONNECT..

I tried the battery pull with pc reboot, unplugging the bb and replugging it in, forcing it..

I'll see if tech support can help..

Not a great idea... you are not installing "authorized" software...
    11-30-08 11:19 AM
    Updated without an issue. Works so MUCH better!! Thanks!!
    11-30-08 11:20 AM
    My Storm is arriving tomorrow. I'll be putting it on BES on Tuesday. Should I update the OS beforehand from my home computer and then put the Storm on BES the next day? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    11-30-08 11:25 AM
    Thank you for posting.

As a Mac user, do I have any other options than an OTA?
    Sure you can but it is a bit cumbersome

Run a Windows VM using Parallels and/or VMWare Fusion. You can update the OS this way or borrow a buddy's PC for an hour.
    11-30-08 11:28 AM
    Question: My update went perfect but now under Options > advanced option I see Wireless Upgrade for the same update (???)

Are they pushing this now too?

Edit: Nevermind, I push check for updates and it said nothing avaialbe.
    11-30-08 11:30 AM
    Not a great idea... you are not installing "authorized" software...
    I told them it happened in another update..I just said that I connected the phone for a second time and it prompted me to update core applications or something along those lines..
    Last edited by MrLorence; 11-30-08 at 11:33 AM.
    11-30-08 11:31 AM
    I went through the steps, but skipped several. Just installed the update on my PC, hooked my Storm up via USB data cable, opened Desktop Manager, and clicked through the screens. I didn't have to back up my third-party applications or anything. It was all very smooth.
    11-30-08 11:31 AM
    Question: My update went perfect but now under Options > advanced option I see Wireless Upgrade for the same update (???)

Are they pushing this now too?

Edit: Nevermind, I push check for updates and it said nothing avaialbe.
    Eventually OTA's will be an option. which one, who knows??
    11-30-08 11:32 AM
    Just installed .75, did a battery pull and its almost like I have a new Storm. BUT, in the spirit of "can't get enough of a good thing", whatever happened to 4.7.0.107??
    11-30-08 11:34 AM
    i bet there are going to be many updates over the next 6months
    11-30-08 11:36 AM
    all updated went smooth. seems little better so far
    11-30-08 11:37 AM
    Man this update took friggin forever !!!! a little over two hours to make it to page 38, and 20 minutes to do the upgrade, and another lil bit of time reading the rest of the posts.

Thats what I get for going to bed early last night. All the good stuff ussually comes out around 11pm (It does with DirecTV stuff too) I love updates too, normally for the better too when they finally filter down to us unconnected lowley users.

I did the back restore of my stuff after the upgrade with no problems.

All I can Say is I Like !!! And to those of us who click on things to quickly, yeah, you know who you are READ READ READ FIRST !!

Thank You to the powers to be here at CrackBerry for all the hard work you do keeping this forum going as it does. A Place like this is only as good as the Mod's and Members allow it to be. Of all the sites a Ran accross this was the most, friendly and helpful, aside from a few bad apples, which you get everywhere.
    11-30-08 11:39 AM
    thank you so much it runs so much faster... THANK YOU DonNguyen
    11-30-08 11:39 AM
    Yes otherwise you'll have to reactivate BES once you update,
    Thank you very much. That would probably take longer than I want.
    11-30-08 11:40 AM
1,452 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD