Run the executable and have it run DM when its done installing and you should be good to go. DO NOT DELETE VENDOR.XML
    I did this and nothing. DM loads and sits there at the screen I usually get. I go into App loader and nothing happens. Where exactly do I need to go in app loader?

Also tried unplugging my network cable. That didn't work either.

This is frustrating. I am usually good at figuring this type of thing out.....
    Last edited by jskrap; 11-30-08 at 02:48 AM.
    11-30-08 02:45 AM
    hard to troubleshoot some of these problems over the internet. did you click add/remove/update?
    11-30-08 02:49 AM
    hard to troubleshoot some of these problems over the internet. did you click add/remove/update?
    I know man, sorry. I appreciate the help. I may have to just wait.

In app loader, I have two choices. Add/remove apps or update software. Which one should I choose?
    11-30-08 02:51 AM
    update software
    11-30-08 02:52 AM
    update software
    11-30-08 02:52 AM
    So once I click that it does some searching then says "no software update is required for your device."
    11-30-08 02:54 AM
    try unplugging your internet connection then hit the update software button
    11-30-08 02:54 AM
    someone make a step sheet with images for these users...i dont feel like turning on my PC
    11-30-08 02:57 AM
    will this update only work for you guys on Verizon? Im in the UK on Vodafone, will it load up for me?
    11-30-08 02:58 AM
    Update worked like a charm. Thanks Don!
    11-30-08 02:59 AM
    omg...read 2 pages back
    You can try it, it was discussed a few pages back. If you want to be a guinea pig then knock yourself out.
    so now my computer recognizes the phone but the blackberry desktop wont... AHHHHH
    11-30-08 03:00 AM
    lol...i might have to just remote into your computer
    11-30-08 03:01 AM
    so now my computer recognizes the phone but the blackberry desktop wont... AHHHHH
    haha its an endless loop for you.
    11-30-08 03:01 AM
    Its funny if you look on other threads you see the "I told you so" posts from others that have downloaded to others that doubted the storm or gave up.
    11-30-08 03:03 AM
    its gotta be somthing simple. i guess working 20 some hours in 2 days blackfriday weekend is taking a toll on my brain
    11-30-08 03:04 AM
    Grrr, I downloaded the file 3x now, and removed and installed it 3x now, but the only load that shows up for 4.7 in the updates is the .65 release =/, the 27mb one, which I already have loaded lol Can't get the .75 to register as an upgrade Any ideas? I've already tried the options of unplugging internet while attempting to update, resetting my BB, resetting my PC, and I've already read through the entire thread and tried all of the suggested fixes; nothing seems to work....I wanna enjoy the update too! lol Help please =P
    11-30-08 03:06 AM
    WOW, i just read ALL 33 pages! Took me like an hour!

But Don, awesome work, thanks.

I am going to try i think, but i use BES and at home, my desktop manager will not be connected to my BES, but i dont think that should matter.

I assume some of you BES guys did the update from your home PC and not your work PC with BES's DM?

Also to the guy who said the phone wasnt being detected when it asked where it was plugged in, your BES admin may have it locked down so you cant use the usb port.

Also Don, did your source say if this is def. the official update to be released next week? Or could this be an internal verizon beta? I almost hope its an internal verizon beta, cause that means that in a week we will get an even better update
    11-30-08 03:07 AM
    I did the update and now when I try to go into the Email setup I get and error that says "Your device had a problem connecting to the server" anyone have any Idea what this is all about or how to solve it??
    11-30-08 03:10 AM
    To DonNguyen & his Undercover verizon source. Thankyou, Thankyou from this berry newbie. After a couple of install trial & errors, my new Storm OS is up and running smoother than ever. In all honesty I wasn't haven't many issue's but the difference is noticeable.
    11-30-08 03:12 AM
    resend service books...

i'm calling it a night...puppy has kept me up since 7am and i've been watching her all day...

see you guys tomorrow and good luck
    11-30-08 03:14 AM
    WOW, i just read ALL 33 pages! Took me like an hour!

But Don, awesome work, thanks.

I am going to try i think, but i use BES and at home, my desktop manager will not be connected to my BES, but i dont think that should matter.

I assume some of you BES guys did the update from your home PC and not your work PC with BES's DM?

Also to the guy who said the phone wasnt being detected when it asked where it was plugged in, your BES admin may have it locked down so you cant use the usb port.

Also Don, did your source say if this is def. the official update to be released next week? Or could this be an internal verizon beta? I almost hope its an internal verizon beta, cause that means that in a week we will get an even better update
    he sent me a beta prior to this...but nothing is ever definite
    11-30-08 03:16 AM
    try unplugging your internet connection then hit the update software button
    Tried it a few times and it still doesn't work.

This freaking sucks. Wonder if it's because I'm using Vista. I may try it on my XP computer tomorrow and see what happens.
    11-30-08 03:21 AM
    Appreciate you Don and if anyone is scared of the update dont do it and quit whining.
    11-30-08 03:24 AM
1,452 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD