Woot!! THANKYOUVERYMUCH!! D/Ling now...I can't believe it took me a couple hours to see this! Yet another new Storm in hand, this one friggin' ROCKS the responsive touchscreen, and now I'm all stoked to install 0.74. 23% D/L and counting.

Thanks people!
    11-30-08 02:17 AM
    Aww i dont want to test it lol, and then brick my phone. Will we get an update?
    You should, I don't see why RIM would only develop one for Verizon only and not Vodaphone. I take it you are using an unlocked one, cause your profile says you are on Orange.
    11-30-08 02:17 AM
    OK, so it looks like I can only get the update to appear is I delete the vendor.xml file. I am on Verizon. Will deleting this file cause me any problems?

Nevermind...once I select the new OS and click next it says "there are no updates for your device." WTF is going on?
    Any ideas?
    11-30-08 02:20 AM
    No problems with up date. Say it took about an hour and a few restarts to notice a difference but it is faster and much better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 02:22 AM
    Any ideas?
    unplug your internet connection then try it. I believe it is looking at the RIM/Verizon site for official releases. Unplug it and it will check your computer.
    Run the executable and have it run DM when its done installing and you should be good to go. DO NOT DELETE VENDOR.XML
    You should, I don't see why RIM would only develop one for Verizon only and not Vodaphone. I take it you are using an unlocked one, cause your profile says you are on Orange.
    Yes im unlocked, i haven't updated my profile yet though. I just wish it was like the bold, one model one leaked update. I feel like the naughty kid in the corner not allowed to play
    11-30-08 02:24 AM
    Thanks, Don! Can't wait to get back to my PC tomorrow to install this!
    11-30-08 02:26 AM
    Yes im unlocked, i haven't updated my profile yet though. I just wish it was like the bold, one model one leaked update. I feel like the naughty kid in the corner not allowed to play
    Lol, just hold in there. I'm sure the update will come soon enough. Verizon is supposed to officially release the update sometime this week. I would imagine that Vodaphone is releasing it around the same time. At least you have a unique phone, i mean how many other people have the Storm on Orange?

Side note: I really do wonder if it would work... we have files that are called 9500.cod I would imagine if it was that big of a difference they would be called 9530.cod... just a thought.
    11-30-08 02:27 AM
    sorry, don't want to be "that guy" but did those donkeys who were attacking don in the other thread apologize yet? hahah
    11-30-08 02:28 AM
    none, but i did leak it kind of late in the day...
    11-30-08 02:30 AM
    sorry, don't want to be "that guy" but did those donkeys who were attacking don in the other thread apologize yet? hahah
    I would hope so. Everyone is at least saying "thank you" to him hear.
    11-30-08 02:30 AM
    Lol, just hold in there. I'm sure the update will come soon enough. Verizon is supposed to officially release the update sometime this week. I would imagine that Vodaphone is releasing it around the same time. At least you have a unique phone, i mean how many other people have the Storm on Orange?

Side note: I really do wonder if it would work... we have files that are called 9500.cod I would imagine if it was that big of a difference they would be called 9530.cod... just a thought.
    I might take the plunge if it does not work, i will just go back to stock firmware. Im on a plane at the moment and connection is not good so will do it once i land.
    11-30-08 02:31 AM
    I might take the plunge if it does not work, i will just go back to stock firmware. Im on a plane at the moment and connection is not good so will do it once i land.
    If you do then good luck. Like I said if it works then you would be a hero over there. lol
    11-30-08 02:32 AM
    Using Desktop Manager in advance mode:
    Will someone be kind enough to extract (2) service books for a fellow addict:

1. Browser (service book)
    2. App Center (service book)

Save the file as an .ipd

:: Hey, one early x-mas present ... thanks a mill!
    I can't resend service books since im running on TMO. Anyone can forward these 2 over?
    11-30-08 02:34 AM
    @Don

Having issues here...am stuck on the "connecting to device" screen for way over an hour...is this normal ? what's the next step ? will it restore my phone book because as of now my phone is empty from all my prior messages, sms, contacts etc..?
    Thanks
    Hey, Don i'm new im getting my storm monday or tuesday do you think it will be installed already on the storms shipping this coming week?
    Installed, up and running. ALOT faster portrait to landscape and back. Faster opening and swithching apps. And quite a bit quicker and smoother scrolling through pics, etc.

Thanks Don!

...now time for some sleep. Enjoy everyone!
    11-30-08 02:37 AM
    @Don

Having issues here...am stuck on the "connecting to device" screen for way over an hour...is this normal ? what's the next step ? will it restore my phone book because as of now my phone is empty from all my prior messages, sms, contacts etc..?
    Thanks
    give it some time...it will finish...
    I can't resend service books since im running on TMO. Anyone can forward these 2 over?
    where can i find them on my pc?
    Hey, Don i'm new im getting my storm monday or tuesday do you think it will be installed already on the storms shipping this coming week?
    not sure...let us know when u get your phone
    11-30-08 02:38 AM
    So i just tried to run the update, it started for a second then said it had a fatal error it reset my phone and took a few min to boot back up. now my pc will not recognize the phone.
    any idea???
    i really want to go to sleep but I MUST have this update
    11-30-08 02:38 AM
    unplug and replug back in or try a diff port
    11-30-08 02:41 AM
    tried it but no luck. might have to restart the pc. but i dont think thats the issue
    11-30-08 02:43 AM
    try running the update anyways...some have reported that DM didn't see their device at first, but were able to run the update successfully
    11-30-08 02:44 AM
1,452 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD