Noob here.. I guess I've already jumped into trying this update and there's no backing out now...

Anyway, sorry in advance to ask in here, I'm sure there's a FAQ page or something about this but... I'm not familiar with backing up my files at all... I clicked the backup button on desktop manager and I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right.

It's been doing its thing for prob 15 mins and is a little over halfway done on the "loading application modules" progress bar. Am I in good shape here / Is everything going the way it's supposed to?
    11-30-08 12:44 AM
    Hellz Yeah. Would have linked sooner but was stuck at my gf's work's xmas party! Got a few emails on this and was a complete nut case to get home.

Installing now... :-)

Blog Post Link: Get It: OS 4.7.0.75 for the Verizon BlackBerry Storm 9530!! | CrackBerry.com
    Haha, I got a mental pic of you trying to find any reason you can to get home.
    11-30-08 12:44 AM
    anyone notice if the backlight goes off while on a call
    11-30-08 12:45 AM
    Noob here.. I guess I've already jumped into trying this update and there's no backing out now...

Anyway, sorry in advance to ask in here, I'm sure there's a FAQ page or something about this but... I'm not familiar with backing up my files at all... I clicked the backup button on desktop manager and I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right.

It's been doing its thing for prob 15 mins and is a little over halfway done on the "loading application modules" progress bar. Am I in good shape here / Is everything going the way it's supposed to?
    yes. just be patient
    11-30-08 12:45 AM
    Kevin, your feedback would be greatly appreciated as well
    11-30-08 12:46 AM
    Took me exactly 30 minutes from clicking the link to having my Storm back in my hands on .75!!!

(6mb dsl and 2.66ghz core 2 duo) ymmv

--bg
    11-30-08 12:47 AM
    So just got off the phone with my friend who is a tech guy at Verizon, and he said that he has already been notified of "Severe" security breaches once this software in installed on devices, and suggested i avoid it, and wait for Thursdays release from Rim/Verizon.
    11-30-08 12:47 AM
    now why'd you have to go and do that...
    11-30-08 12:48 AM
    Thanks, Don.

So, after this is done I am supposed to back up my 3rd party apps right?

Again, sorry to ask for help with these "babysteps." I just want to make sure I do this right...

Also real quick: will this backing up of files I'm doing now put all my contacts on the phone on my comp?
    11-30-08 12:49 AM
    So just got off the phone with my friend who is a tech guy at Verizon, and he said that he has already been notified of "Severe" security breaches once this software in installed on devices, and suggested i avoid it, and wait for Thursdays release from Rim/Verizon.
    What are they gonna do about it? huh, nothing.
    So what are they magically going to fix in 4 days?
    Such a big post for a new guy.....

ya ya...I know, I am one to talk.
    I've been at "connecting to device" for 30 minutes now...people finish the whole update in 30...this blows, Macbook Pro with Boot Camp 4gb of RAM 2.33ghz Core 2 Duo...its fast trust me...damn DM!
    11-30-08 12:50 AM
    Thanks, Don.

So, after this is done I am supposed to back up my 3rd party apps right?

Again, sorry to ask for help with these "babysteps." I just want to make sure I do this right...

Also real quick: will this backing up of files I'm doing now put all my contacts on the phone on my comp?
    its a backup file and wont necessarily be able to be read on ur computer without the correct software, but yes...everything is on ur comp now
    11-30-08 12:50 AM
    I've been at "connecting to device" for 30 minutes now...people finish the whole update in 30...this blows, Macbook Pro with Boot Camp 4gb of RAM 2.33ghz Core 2 Duo...its fast trust me...damn DM!
    That step was the longest for me too. Don't worry.
    11-30-08 12:51 AM
    last part takes the longest
    well phone came on with .65 reinstalled, attempting .75 update and data restore now. Nothing like seeing your storm not connect to your pc after a java wipe to keep you up at night
    I know im new....but thats why i posted it...Thought i should warn...Hes going to call me back once he knows more from his supervisor.
    11-30-08 12:52 AM
    patience is a virtue
    haha...good luck
    I know im new....but thats why i posted it...Thought i should warn...Hes going to call me back once he knows more from his supervisor.
    way to blow it for everyone...leak means DON'T CALL CORPORATE
    FLAWLESS VICTORY

thanks don for not only the link, but being patient with new bb owners. update went smooth and just starting to thumb around and check for differences. i have to say i did not really see any of the lag issues altho my acceleroneter did stick at times, we will see if its better.
    11-30-08 12:53 AM
    I just finished with this.. I used my macbook pro running vmware fusion. Took me a total of 26 minutes. I am not sure how much better this made it.. But the screen orientation does seem to be a bit better. I will post in the other thread about my thoughts on the update.
    Patience is what is killing me. My p4 3.0ghz just can't cut it anymore these days.
    They can't really do anything. It's not like this update was going to cost money, or like it gives us all unlimited everything.
1,452 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD