05-19-09 09:12 AM
499 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Cougars have their benefits, I wont disagree. However, I would still take a nice lamb over cougar anyday of the week.
    Well here is the deal; if you're a young man.
    Cougars never say no never have a headache;
    and are unpretentous.
    Let u watch the footbal game play the Xbox/PS3
    Always have a full fridge so u can keep your energy up.
    Never say you are playing with that phone too much..
    You always know where u stand with them.
    A lamb you have to wait for them to graze all day
    never knowing if they will ever make up their mind......

Now I am 49/50 with a hot 63yr old......
    Puuuurfect.
    04-28-09 11:26 AM
    I could use a cookie.

U are on the internet aren't u; u should have plenty by now.
    04-28-09 11:27 AM
    if it was out it'd be out already...remember VZW is in NJ, so they're 3 hours ahead of me on the west coast, its noon there. it'd be an automated update, prolly happening at a predetermined time early in the a.m. or really late p.m.

besides, vzw just got .141 for testing, idk how they could be releasing it as "official" without testing it fully anyway!
    They got it some time ago, not to to recent.
    04-28-09 11:27 AM
    Its here! I just got an email from VZW_OS141_Is_Bull****@Verizonwireless.com! They said its coming out in an hour! Yay Verizon!
    Nice emial address. I hope this is true, but with an email address like that, I don't think I would trust the source.
    04-28-09 11:28 AM
    if it was out it'd be out already...remember VZW is in NJ, so they're 3 hours ahead of me on the west coast, its noon there. it'd be an automated update, prolly happening at a predetermined time early in the a.m. or really late p.m.

besides, vzw just got .141 for testing, idk how they could be releasing it as "official" without testing it fully anyway!
    I would kinda agree. That was the reason for my comment above about it being noon. Not saying it wont still come but that was kinda the key time to wait for.
    04-28-09 11:29 AM
    BGR = FAIL

I wouldn't get too excited for a .141 update. Why would VZW start caring now?
    04-28-09 11:30 AM
    I just read all 14 pages...yea, every single post. I'm sticking with my .113 until this official one comes out (assuming it's coming in a reasonable amount of time)....
    Of course, I'm not holding my breath either.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I found these forums while searching google for all of my problems I've been having with the Storm (v.75). Thank God I found it and it's been a great resource so far.

And me too, I've hit the 'check for updates' button about 14 times in the past half hour while reading this thread.

Oh, and my grammar is impeccable, yet I don't know crap about this phone. Go figure!
    04-28-09 11:31 AM
    BGR = FAIL

I wouldn't get too excited for a .141 update. Why would VZW start caring now?
    they care and will bend over backwards to help you. as long as you're current on your bill. maybe you're past due, and they're holding off releasing or testing .141 further until you pay up, sucka!
    04-28-09 11:32 AM
    Since when does noon make a bit of difference?? Oooh its not out by noon. No update for us I don't think that there is a standard os release time out ther.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:32 AM
    Bell sent out their update email at 3:45pm. At least thats when I got my email to update through DM. Verizon could be doing the same could they not?
    04-28-09 11:33 AM
    Nice emial address. I hope this is true, but with an email address like that, I don't think I would trust the source.
    He's making a bad joke!
    04-28-09 11:34 AM
    i just want to kno wif anyone can beat this proof?

lol sorry was amusing to me
    04-28-09 11:34 AM
    .75 came out Friday evening around 9:00 PM EST if I remember correctly.
    04-28-09 11:35 AM
    The release will come out with a set pattern of stars and planets line up that make the VZW gods happy. Then they will send out the update to everyone. But you must wait for those specific starts and planets to line up in the correct pattern that makes them happy.....
    Its here! I just got an email from VZW_OS141_Is_Bull****]! They said its coming out in an hour! Yay Verizon!
    For some reason no one answered the email I sent to that address. I guess they are to busy sending out the update to answer the email.
    they care and will bend over backwards to help you. as long as you're current on your bill. maybe you're past due, and they're holding off releasing or testing .141 further until you pay up, sucka!
    You = FAIL!

Yeah, that's what it is, I haven't paid my bill. How stupid are you?? They have really bent over backwards to push OS upgrades haven't they? Sounds like you've been drinking the kool-aid! Now who's the sucka?!?
    yes it will happen anytime soon so lets find out but to all verizon users should have wait till verizon have officially release OS update rather using leaked OS or using other carrier OS update it will save users from having much problem with their storm as I see in many 9500/9530 forums.
    you can see storm users have run into problems after downloading leaked OS updates in this 9500/9530 fourms.
    what I am saying is that verizon storm users should not have downloaded leaked OS update or using other carrier like bell .122 in the first place. I have seen many storm users have problems after using this updates in the forums. so why bother downgraded to .75 then upgrade any newer updates so it sounds to me it is a waste of time with this thing all the time. best is wait till any carrier have officially release update then storm users can go ahead to upgrade new ones rather go downgrades then upgrade all the time.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. You really don't know what you're talking about sometimes (even all the time). Stop generalizing things because it's not 100% correct. People are running into issues installing the OSs because they run into issues. They can't even properly load an official release of the OS on their phones, not because of the OS's fault, but because of USER ERROR. Sure, some of these early releases have "bugs" in them, that's the point of us testing them and seeing how the progression goes. People know (or should know) not to expect a pre-release version to be 100% perfect as they should know that an official release version won't be 100% perfect and bug free either. The thing to remember here is, a lot of the issues people are running into are mostly their own fault, not the fault of the OS. If you actually took the time to correlate between OS bugs vs upgrade issues by users, you would have noticed that most people had issues because THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! This fact WILL NOT change when an official release comes out. The only thing that will help these lost souls a bit better is that a "hold my hand" OTA release will happen which would do the whole upgrade process for them automatically. This will help some, but not all, as some of the brainless bunch out there may actually try to do an OTA update without having their handsets plugged into power and could botch the installs in that manner. As you can see, the probability of something going wrong is out there and that probability increases or decreases as you factor in the intelligence of the person doing the update.

Bottom line, don't pass judgement on something that's clearly not as black and white as you make it out to be. I mean seriously, we still have people asking how to get the browser back after an OS update, AND THIS IS SOMETHING THAT'S NORMAL AND NOT AN ISSUE WITH UPGRADES OR DOWNGRADES. It's as normal as waking up in the morning.
    04-28-09 11:36 AM
    Oh for God sakes somebody *611 and ask a rep...they know everything!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:37 AM
    You = FAIL!

Yeah, that's what it is, I haven't paid my bill. How stupid are you?? They have really bent over backwards to push OS upgrades haven't they? Sounds like you've been drinking the kool-aid! Now who's the sucka?!?
    sense of humor fail is what you have...its a joke, relax kid.
    04-28-09 11:38 AM
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Not just Wow. Shamwow!
    04-28-09 11:38 AM
    sense of humor fail is what you have...its a joke, relax kid.
    Sorry, just tired of all the "here comes an official release" threads. It's been months and months since we got any love. Thank god for the leaks or the Storm would be no more than a Spring shower.
    04-28-09 11:41 AM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. You really don't know what you're talking about sometimes (even all the time). Stop generalizing things because it's not 100% correct. People are running into issues installing the OSs because they run into issues. They can't even properly load an official release of the OS on their phones, not because of the OS's fault, but because of USER ERROR. Sure, some of these early releases have "bugs" in them, that's the point of us testing them and seeing how the progression goes. People know (or should know) not to expect a pre-release version to be 100% perfect as they should know that an official release version won't be 100% perfect and bug free either. The thing to remember here is, a lot of the issues people are running into are mostly their own fault, not the fault of the OS. If you actually took the time to correlate between OS bugs vs upgrade issues by users, you would have noticed that most people had issues because THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! This fact WILL NOT change when an official release comes out. The only thing that will help these lost souls a bit better is that a "hold my hand" OTA release will happen which would do the whole upgrade process for them automatically. This will help some, but not all, as some of the brainless bunch out there may actually try to do an OTA update without having their handsets plugged into power and could botch the installs in that manner. As you can see, the probability of something going wrong is out there and that probability increases or decreases as you factor in the intelligence of the person doing the update.

Bottom line, don't pass judgement on something that's clearly not as black and white as you make it out to be. I mean seriously, we still have people asking how to get the browser back after an OS update, AND THIS IS SOMETHING THAT'S NORMAL AND NOT AN ISSUE WITH UPGRADES OR DOWNGRADES. It's as normal as waking up in the morning.
    This should be included in every "how to upgrade your OS" post someone makes in the biggest boldest most colorfull print the forum has
    Yeah you definitely don't have to DOWNGRADE to .75 to UPGRADE to .141. Assuming .141 is the next official release. Pleaseee let it be.
    Civic I love you. Best post ever.
    04-28-09 11:42 AM
    I just read all 14 pages...yea, every single post. I'm sticking with my .113 until this official one comes out (assuming it's coming in a reasonable amount of time)....
    Of course, I'm not holding my breath either.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I found these forums while searching google for all of my problems I've been having with the Storm (v.75). Thank God I found it and it's been a great resource so far.

And me too, I've hit the 'check for updates' button about 14 times in the past half hour while reading this thread.

Oh, and my grammar is impeccable, yet I don't know crap about this phone. Go figure!

Welcome to the circus that is the storm OS forum. Enough said.
    04-28-09 11:42 AM
499 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD