05-19-09 09:12 AM
499 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Boooooooooo!!!
    04-28-09 11:43 AM
    LOL... this thread is descending into the realm of stupidity.

Next thing you know, we'll be buzzing the rooftops of Manhattan skyscrapers with an F-16 and a 747 decked out like Air Force One so that we can take a picture of it because, you know... Photoshop just wouldn't work.
    04-28-09 11:43 AM
    i <3 civic...IRL after lunch...then we'll see...
    04-28-09 11:44 AM

Next thing you know, we'll be buzzing the rooftops of Manhattan skyscrapers with an F-16 and a 747 decked out like Air Force One so that we can take a picture of it because, you know... Photoshop just wouldn't work.
    Dont even get this board/thread started on how stupid that idea was. I'm in downtown NYC. Trust me, that was not a good idea.
    Not just Wow. Shamwow!
    Not just Wow. Shamwow!
    Oh yeah. There's a great product!?!??!?!

LMAO
    --minimum space requirement--
    That is correct! And if vzw releases it, no need to delete vendor.xml for vzw users
    Unless of course you are a Telus or Bell Subscriber, then you WILL need to delete the vendor.xml file.
    redundant... lol
    04-28-09 11:45 AM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. You really don't know what you're talking about sometimes (even all the time). Stop generalizing things because it's not 100% correct. People are running into issues installing the OSs because they run into issues. They can't even properly load an official release of the OS on their phones, not because of the OS's fault, but because of USER ERROR. Sure, some of these early releases have "bugs" in them, that's the point of us testing them and seeing how the progression goes. People know (or should know) not to expect a pre-release version to be 100% perfect as they should know that an official release version won't be 100% perfect and bug free either. The thing to remember here is, a lot of the issues people are running into are mostly their own fault, not the fault of the OS. If you actually took the time to correlate between OS bugs vs upgrade issues by users, you would have noticed that most people had issues because THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! This fact WILL NOT change when an official release comes out. The only thing that will help these lost souls a bit better is that a "hold my hand" OTA release will happen which would do the whole upgrade process for them automatically. This will help some, but not all, as some of the brainless bunch out there may actually try to do an OTA update without having their handsets plugged into power and could botch the installs in that manner. As you can see, the probability of something going wrong is out there and that probability increases or decreases as you factor in the intelligence of the person doing the update.

Bottom line, don't pass judgement on something that's clearly not as black and white as you make it out to be. I mean seriously, we still have people asking how to get the browser back after an OS update, AND THIS IS SOMETHING THAT'S NORMAL AND NOT AN ISSUE WITH UPGRADES OR DOWNGRADES. It's as normal as waking up in the morning.
    100% correct!!! But even with user knowledge, it has been proven that each device reacts differently to OS updates, which should also be factored in into your observations as this can generate various results as well
    04-28-09 11:45 AM
    This news, whether it be fact or faux, has taken over my day!
    04-28-09 11:49 AM
    Come on folks keep taking those deep breaths, if something leaks or is released trust me we'll letcha know.
    04-28-09 11:49 AM
    Well apparently the OP from yesterday already has it loaded so he should leak it to us
    04-28-09 11:51 AM
    100% correct!!! But even with user knowledge, it has been proven that each device reacts differently to OS updates, which should also be factored in into your observations as this can generate various results as well
    Another good point made by the female authorities around here.
    04-28-09 11:51 AM
    Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet?

Feel like that everytime I hit the refresh button on the browser and check for updates on the phone.
    04-28-09 11:52 AM
    Can anyone say closed thread? Or at least relocation to the lounge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:53 AM
    Can anyone say closed thread? Or at least relocation to the lounge?

I dont think thats needed. Its a good thread, that has stayed on topic But thats only my opinion
    04-28-09 11:54 AM
    heck i'll wait for a .141 hybrid

Anways you don't have to downgrade anything, just back up your data and apps, wipe your device and load a fresh install of the latest
    roflcopters inbound for relocation, over
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. You really don't know what you're talking about sometimes (even all the time). Stop generalizing things because it's not 100% correct. People are running into issues installing the OSs because they run into issues. They can't even properly load an official release of the OS on their phones, not because of the OS's fault, but because of USER ERROR. Sure, some of these early releases have "bugs" in them, that's the point of us testing them and seeing how the progression goes. People know (or should know) not to expect a pre-release version to be 100% perfect as they should know that an official release version won't be 100% perfect and bug free either. The thing to remember here is, a lot of the issues people are running into are mostly their own fault, not the fault of the OS. If you actually took the time to correlate between OS bugs vs upgrade issues by users, you would have noticed that most people had issues because THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! This fact WILL NOT change when an official release comes out. The only thing that will help these lost souls a bit better is that a "hold my hand" OTA release will happen which would do the whole upgrade process for them automatically. This will help some, but not all, as some of the brainless bunch out there may actually try to do an OTA update without having their handsets plugged into power and could botch the installs in that manner. As you can see, the probability of something going wrong is out there and that probability increases or decreases as you factor in the intelligence of the person doing the update.

Bottom line, don't pass judgement on something that's clearly not as black and white as you make it out to be. I mean seriously, we still have people asking how to get the browser back after an OS update, AND THIS IS SOMETHING THAT'S NORMAL AND NOT AN ISSUE WITH UPGRADES OR DOWNGRADES. It's as normal as waking up in the morning.
    I nominate this for post of the year so far. Wait to go Civic! I dont even want an ota upgrade. Just give me my files like I am used to getting them, and let me run my msi installer just like normal!! I will probably end up deleting the vendor file, just out of habit, before running my app loader
    04-28-09 11:55 AM
    I dont think thats needed. Its a good thread, that has stayed on topic But thats only my opinion
    I dunno seems to be straying

04-28-09 11:56 AM
    It is a discussion of an OS that the version has almost been confirmed and almost released, so I feel the thread is on topic to par
    04-28-09 11:56 AM
    intercepting enemy transmission...no plans of relocation in the message. will continue on original headings, captain!
    04-28-09 11:57 AM
    There should be a new Os coming. Time will tell but I am excited. Hope when it drops if it does they do it in the evening. It would make much more sense. Most people who use blackberries are professionals who would normally be working from 9 to 5. So we should see by the end of the night.

04-28-09 11:59 AM
    I dunno seems to be straying

LOL Where? The posts are on topic, and it has stayed civil (unless you call some users excitment non-civil) hehe.

Just keep it on topic, no need for a move
    04-28-09 11:59 AM
    LOL Where? The posts are on topic, and it has stayed civil (unless you call some users excitment non-civil) hehe.

Just keep it on topic, no need for a move
    I think it would be way different if .113 was really confirmed to be vzw official
    04-28-09 12:00 PM
499 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD