I can honestly say I would not jump ship to the iPhone.. I've played with many iPhones but I really love Blackberry. People just have to remember it took Apple a few times to get the iPhone where it is today. I think the same will go for the storm..or any touchscreen bb..I'm sticking with my storm. But I'm looking forward to that leaked os
    04-29-09 02:13 AM
    I hope when we finally get the update it is .141 . I'll be upset if it's .113 or .122. I finally took the leap & went from .75 to .132 .
    04-29-09 06:40 AM
    I hope when we finally get the update it is .141 . I'll be upset if it's .113 or .122. I finally took the leap & went from .75 to .132 .
    I'm with you... I finally updated from .75 to .132 because I was sick of waiting around for RIM and Verizon to get their act together.

This is my first BB, and I like it better than the iPhone, I left AT&T to come to the Storm... but I haven't been happy with the lack of updates and fixes to the issues I've had. I'm on my second phone... it works better, and the leaked OS's make it better, but I'd rather see official OS's fixing the issues.
    04-29-09 07:07 AM
    .141 already has issues. It's all over now but the b*tching and the waiting for another OS.
    04-29-09 07:11 AM
    .141 already has issues. It's all over now but the b*tching and the waiting for another OS.
    And you know this how? That half baked POS won't go near my phone.
    04-29-09 07:24 AM
    Nope, but Patches has a deep fried full version that seems to have a lock issue, and a possible HTML error, and this is within 5 hours of use. I'm not hating, and I will try it out. I'm just stating that it's not the GC everyone is rioting, killing and raping over. And once an OS has confirmed bugs, que the b*tching and and the waiting.
    Last edited by Thomas271973; 04-29-09 at 12:48 PM.
    04-29-09 08:27 AM
    Word. I am all that is man!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 10:17 AM
    Nope, but Patches has a deep fried full version that seems to have a lock issue, and a possible HTML error, and this is within 5 hours of use. Also, CX has stated that GC is .146+. I'm not hating, and I will try it out. I'm just stating that it's not the GC everyone is rioting, killing and raping over. And once an OS has confirmed bugs, que the b*tching and and the waiting.
    No I did not say anything of the kind. I asked the person who tried to quote me saying this, to go through my posts and please post a link to where I said this. Because I did not.
    04-29-09 10:20 AM
    Imo idk if this will be releases. Html and lock function are pretty obvious bugs. The lock can be prevented with a password but for business users the html bug is kinda lame.

04-29-09 10:23 AM
    the longer i use it, the more legit it feels. aside from what i posted in my original thread yesterday, there aren't many other bugs that i've come across. and i'm not entirely certain the lock function change is a bug or a new design implelemted...
    04-29-09 10:55 AM
    No I did not say anything of the kind. I asked the person who tried to quote me saying this, to go through my posts and please post a link to where I said this. Because I did not.
    My bad CX. I was mistaken. Sorry for throwin your name out. I read that post in question. Edited post.
    04-29-09 12:49 PM
    where is this infamous verizon release.....im glad i went to a leaked os im so much happier with my phone now
    05-05-09 06:04 AM
    I already stayed that testing would end around the end of the week. IF .141 is approved wed get it sometime between Friday and Tues next week, depending on packaging and roll out procedures. Gotta train reps and communicate to em its coming.

05-05-09 09:00 AM
    I already stayed that testing would end around the end of the week. IF .141 is approved wed get it sometime between Friday and Tues next week, depending on packaging and roll out procedures. Gotta train reps and communicate to em its coming.

Thank you for the update! I'm crossing my fingers hoping an official will be released soon.

BTW I like your new Avatar
    05-05-09 09:06 AM
    you're like only the 3rd person to notice. I'm documenting these things. Next OS I get I share with people who commented on avatar within first 12 hours. Lol!

05-05-09 09:09 AM
    you're like only the 3rd person to notice. I'm documenting these things. Next OS I get I share with people who commented on avatar within first 12 hours. Lol!

haha. Definitely noticed the new avatar lastnight. I was like "what's with these people and these 'ninja' avatars." Then I looked at the username and said "ohhh, it's just patches again." lol. Thanks for the OS tip man. Hopefully we'll see it by the end of the week...
    05-05-09 09:19 AM
    NP. Ninjas are way better than pirates anyway. And it would be creepy to wear dirty clothes and not wash my hair. Pajamas are way comfy too! And being a forum ninja is fun. I can decapitate trolls while dodging and weaving amongst n00bs!

IF .141 is approved we might get it as soon as friday. No major service impacting bugs to speak of so its a good candidate.

05-05-09 09:23 AM
    NP. Ninjas are way better than pirates anyway. And it would be creepy to wear dirty clothes and not wash my hair. Pajamas are way comfy too! And being a forum ninja is fun. I can decapitate trolls while dodging and weaving amongst n00bs!

IF .141 is approved we might get it as soon as friday. No major service impacting bugs to speak of so its a good candidate.

So if its released, would it definitely be released with that lock bug that everyone has been complaining about? Or would they correct that bug and still release it as .141? I dont know much about testing, but if I catch the drift right...if they were to fix that bug and release an OS wouldnt it be OS .142?

Shed some light duuuuuuude...
    05-05-09 09:37 AM
    I thought ninjas were supposed to lurk moar?

As for .141...yeah no f that, i'll stick to my hybrid that doesnt have a glaring error to it.
    05-05-09 09:37 AM
    1) I'm not sure the lock function is a bug. It seems intentional to me. W/E get a password.

2) if .141 is released it'll be exactly like what we have now. Vzw doesn't build or fix the OS. They just test and report their findings and suggestions to rim.

3) if it change it wouldn't be .141, you're correct

05-05-09 09:41 AM
    And I lurk plenty. I'm just a friendly and knowledgeable ninja. For every thread I post in there are 15 being monitored for potential infiltration and attack.

05-05-09 09:45 AM
    Soooo. How is that new realease working for everyone. I bet it worked great to trap a few more expectant users past the 30 day cliff.
    05-19-09 08:53 AM
    Awesome,,you need to try it...
    05-19-09 08:55 AM
    yeah gigem
    05-19-09 09:12 AM
499 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD