But you do believe BGR when they say that VZW and Apple are in bed?
    It is not a fact of believing BGR with that statement. The articles posted in BGR about that are just reporting what other papers like BusinessWeek said, in the post Michael Bettiol even states his doubts.
    04-28-09 04:07 PM
    Keep up the good work Patches. I want to see this guy eat paper lol.

I'm getting more excited!!! I hope this isn't going to be yet another "Get the super model home, shes drunk, and before you touch her she gets sick and starts throwing up, thus your night is ruined" type of deal.

Good work?? What has patches done?? I don't see an OS release today do you??

BTW, you are SO GANGSTER WITH YOUR GUNS!!
    04-28-09 04:07 PM
    i'm not talkin about today. you say that vzw hates teh masses and doesn't care about the storm. so they won't ever release a new OS. i say shenanigans!

I'll say it again!! IT WAS ALL SARCASM!!! See post #429 and READ if you can. I was quoting everything I've heard since the Storm was released. Remember that sense of humor you were talking about earlier, try using it. I could care less if they come out with another OS now or not. .132 is running fast and fine on my device.
    04-28-09 04:13 PM
    So where is and how to get this so called update????
    04-28-09 04:17 PM
    So where is and how to get this so called update????
    There isn't one. Sorry.
    04-28-09 04:18 PM
    I'm not saying that .141 will not be official, but the difference between this and the .113 mess is people have confirmed a build has been certified and is ready to go. If it is .141 that's good who knows we may be suprised. Just stay tuned I know I am.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 04:28 PM
    I'm getting more excited!!! I hope this isn't going to be yet another "Get the super model home, shes drunk, and before you touch her she gets sick and starts throwing up, thus your night is ruined" type of deal.
    Don't ya just hate that!
    04-28-09 04:45 PM
    She can throw up all she wants, its not her face that I'll be interested in :P
    04-28-09 04:55 PM
    Man I just got back. Beat by two seconds . Anyways, man I am disappointed nothing is out yet. There is still time but man this is TORTURE!! Just freakin release something!

04-28-09 04:55 PM
    i'm not talkin about today. you say that vzw hates teh masses and doesn't care about the storm. so they won't ever release a new OS. i say shenanigans!
    Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
    Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
    Farva: You mean Shenanigans?
    Mac: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Thorny: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    04-28-09 05:11 PM
    We've just received some significant confirmation here. Ninjas prefer the Blackberry Storm.
    04-28-09 05:16 PM
    With Bell now Telus, .122 is shaping up to be the next "official" release. How boring. Oh well, thank god for leaks, .132 rocks so far.
    04-28-09 05:24 PM
    With Bell now Telus, .122 is shaping up to be the next "official" release. How boring. Oh well, thank god for leaks, .132 rocks so far.
    Even if .141 (or pick your favorite version) becomes official, we would all be on to the next OS leak, in a matter of weeks or even days and complaining VZW has not made that one official yet. We are addicted to OS leaks.
    04-28-09 05:32 PM
    just for clarification, how do you know if you are on BES or BIS?
    04-28-09 05:33 PM
    BES is for corporate email. This means that you device is connected to a server at work. Check options > advanced options > enterprise activation

BIS is for personal email
    04-28-09 05:36 PM
    BES is for corporate accounts. So if you have a BB through your workplace, you're like BES. If you got your BB on your own from a store, you're BIS.
    04-28-09 05:37 PM
    Not sure VZW is that concerned with the Storm any longer. Too much chatter about the iPhone and VZW becoming partners....in less than a year. After the reviews the Storm has gotten and lack of an official OS in months, I'd say many carriers might want to stay away. Lets face it, the Storm let us down as the iPhone killer. While I love the SurePress technology, the Storm still leaves a lot to be desired.

So you are saying no one will buy the iPhone from VZW? I have a feeling all these DIE HARD Storm users would jump ship in a heart beat. I really thought the Storm was going to be the "killer". App wise and technology wise they are leaving a lot on the table. Also, there are now rumors that VZW is teaming up with Microsoft to build the next iPhone killer. Let just say, I think VZW realizes the Storm is not the answer.
    I hate to admit it, because I like the storm a lot (and it is by far the best phone I've ever had, even with all the problems), but I would jump ship as soon as my contract was up. However, before I would cross over to the dark side, I would see was touch screen good-ness RIM has up it's sleeve because I like RIM a lot more than Apple.....I really want to stay in the BB family, but RIM has to step it up for their next touch screen device.
    04-28-09 06:21 PM
    Just came across a site that said OTA possible Friday(ish) BlackBerry Storm BlackBerry Storm Update OTA Upgrade on May Day, This Friday - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS... IDK if its a reputable site or not but might as well add to the speculation right? :-)
    04-28-09 06:33 PM
    Hows this? Those that are on corporate accounts, with any sense to keep a VZ release on their unit, will be pleasantly surprised and rewarded
    ... .122.

That would classify as "pleasantly surprised and rewarded ". It does not mean however, that it will be significantly better than what we currently have, .132. And if we are to believe patches, and I do, .141 is still in testing, and CX says that a release is ready for release it would be a build number < .141. So I am not sure what everyone is getting their panties bunched up over. Part of getting a leaked OS is that we have what has not been released, and sometimes that means getting a OS that is ahead of a "to be released" OS.

So, that being said, let's hear it for getting the .141 leak that we can be reasonably sure is capable of getting out.
    04-28-09 06:34 PM
    I'm not that concerned about phone hacking. I have nothing to hide. If I were in gov't might be different but not the case. Perhaps I should have stated the UI leaves a lot to be desired not so much the hidden guts of the OS.
    Then buy an iPhone, governments are concerned about this as well are some real large companies. And they are more than likely the largest purchasers of RIM's devices.
    04-28-09 06:39 PM
    Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
    Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
    +1

10 char

04-28-09 09:00 PM
    BES is for corporate accounts. So if you have a BB through your workplace, you're like BES. If you got your BB on your own from a store, you're BIS.

Check you VZW account I bought my Storm on line through them and when I purchased the BB package I was sold the BES package for 45 bucks. I was able to downgrade to the BIS which is 30 bucks. Make sure you check.
    04-28-09 09:10 PM
    I was wondering when I would see this
    04-28-09 09:50 PM
    Well, the Blackberry DM says there is an update for the "Core Applications" but I don't know how to check if its .141.

How can i see what version of the 4.7 OS I would be updating too.

Btw, no OTA upgrade when I check, but I heard someone did it via DM.
    04-28-09 11:13 PM
    they've been saying it will get released ever since the storm came out
    04-28-09 11:16 PM
499 ... 17181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD