Here is something very productive from another thread:
    LMAO! So much for this one...
    04-28-09 03:00 PM
    pholey, the only thing we've all noticed so far in these threads is how bad emotionally you need this OS. Dude, it's an OS, seriously. you make a lot of exaggerated points, just go buy an iPhone like the rest of the sheep who want a piece of tech to think for them. The Storm is a great smartphone, I use it all the time, I have no problems with it, it gets my email, sends all kinds of messages, wakes me up in the morning, connects calls when i need it to, it flat out works, and a lot better than the stupid KRZR I had before it. Battery life is good, if all you wanted were pretty pictures you're in the wrong place man, be glad VZW is taking their time and being picky with the OS, if they just half-a__ everything then you'd just have something else to complain about....
    Some don't need much, me I'm a gadget freak.

Ok, how many have I gotten fired up??? Love your Storm more now don't you?!? HAHA mission accomplished!!! I was stating everything I've heard since the release of the Storm. As an earlier poster (gafly) stated, won't themes solve the OS appearance problem....YES, you WIN the prize (well don't really have a prize but anyway). All this iPhone chatter, I hate my Storm, I need a new OS, where's my browser, can't get rid of message icon, Storm is laggy, why can't RIM/VZW get if figured out, battery sucks, memory leaking, etc. I doubt these statements will stop but people need to realize, yes it is just a phone! Granted there are kinks to be worked out but it not life or death. I know, nasty trick but I was bored and felt like playing! Thanks for reading and ENJOY THOU STORM!!
    Last edited by Pholey22; 04-28-09 at 03:05 PM.
    04-28-09 03:02 PM
    Haha, the reason why I'm asking is because they said that .122 from Bell was posted a few days after it was certified by them.
    04-28-09 03:02 PM
    This is a funny thread just like all the others. 141 or a different rls will come after all these posts, then there will be 500 threads about how it sucks, how it eats your battery, how the accel is f'ed, how the camera sucks or how you "bricked" the storm.

we will never settle for anything less knowing there is a ton of other betas running around internally and there is no use sticking your tongue up RG arse trying to get him to send you the latest beta. you will get it when you get it.
    04-28-09 03:11 PM
    Some don't need much, me I'm a gadget freak.

Ok, how many have I gotten fired up??? Love your Storm more now don't you?!? HAHA mission accomplished!!! I was stating everything I've heard since the release of the Storm. As an earlier poster (gafly) stated, won't themes solve the OS appearance problem....YES, you WIN the prize (well don't really have a prize but anyway). All this iPhone chatter, I hate my Storm, I need a new OS, where's my browser, can't get rid of message icon, Storm is laggy, why can't RIM/VZW get if figured out, battery sucks, memory leaking, etc. I doubt these statements will stop but people need to realize, yes it is just a phone! Granted there are kinks to be worked out but it not life or death. I know, nasty trick but I was bored and felt like playing! Thanks for reading and ENJOY THOU STORM!!
    you were one of those kids that got beat up a lot in school werent you?
    04-28-09 03:15 PM
    you were one of those kids that got beat up a lot in school werent you?
    LOL No, not really. Raised a lot of **** and stayed in detention a lot though.
    04-28-09 03:16 PM
    All you can do is keep hoping one of these threads will become a reality...
    04-28-09 03:16 PM
    I don't remember any of the advertisements for the Storm saying it was 'the best' phone on Verizon. I believe they called it 'the worlds first touchscreen blackberry' and that it is. Every other lame POS phone I've ever had was returned for an exchange...all due to software problems....so far my Storm hasn't had to be returned. And I love loading leaked OS's on it cuz I can tweak it to my liking. Bottom line is we all bought em cuz its a touchscreen blackberry, we all had the opportunity to test it in store and we all had 30 days to test it after purchase. If you didn't like it you shoulda not bought it or returned it. If RIM was as sh!tty a company as some of you are makin em out to be they wouldn't be puttin forth the effort to improve their products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 03:27 PM
    I tried to tell you BGR+VZW= FAIL! VZW is in no hurry to release a new OS...that's been apparent for several months now. iPhone will be released on VZW before the Storm gets a new OS. Sucks but that my opinion. I think its time for RIM to start pressuring VZW to release an OS. After all, RIM has the most at stake if nothing is done....especially if the rumors about the iPhone coming to VZW are true.
    if .141 becomes official, i want you to print each post you've ever made, on heavy construction paper, one post per sheet, and eat each and every one. if not, then i'll allow you to run me off of a cliff with a bulldozer. deal?
    04-28-09 03:33 PM
    Not sure VZW is that concerned with the Storm any longer. Too much chatter about the iPhone and VZW becoming partners....in less than a year. After the reviews the Storm has gotten and lack of an official OS in months, I'd say many carriers might want to stay away. Lets face it, the Storm let us down as the iPhone killer. While I love the SurePress technology, the Storm still leaves a lot to be desired.

So you are saying no one will buy the iPhone from VZW? I have a feeling all these DIE HARD Storm users would jump ship in a heart beat. I really thought the Storm was going to be the "killer". App wise and technology wise they are leaving a lot on the table. Also, there are now rumors that VZW is teaming up with Microsoft to build the next iPhone killer. Let just say, I think VZW realizes the Storm is not the answer.

hahahaha are you joking?

iphone fans who tried to get along with the storm will jump...they always wanted a toy. Anyone who needs to get any actual work done, or enjoyes a MUCH MUCH more open platform with much much more frequent updates, along with the BB infrastructure will stay with the storm, or jump to another BB.

The BB users that jump to iphone really didn't want a BB. They wanted a flashy UI on a media player with some hints of a phone attached.
    04-28-09 03:42 PM
    I don't remember any of the advertisements for the Storm saying it was 'the best' phone on Verizon. I believe they called it 'the worlds first touchscreen blackberry' and that it is. Every other lame POS phone I've ever had was returned for an exchange...all due to software problems....so far my Storm hasn't had to be returned. And I love loading leaked OS's on it cuz I can tweak it to my liking. Bottom line is we all bought em cuz its a touchscreen blackberry, we all had the opportunity to test it in store and we all had 30 days to test it after purchase. If you didn't like it you shoulda not bought it or returned it. If RIM was as sh!tty a company as some of you are makin em out to be they wouldn't be puttin forth the effort to improve their products.
    Ah for your information, Verizon has already been sued in what may amount to a class action suit for misrepresenting the quality, speed and capabilities of the Storm in those same commercials that you are referring to. So... while they may not have explicitly said that it was the best phone every, they still have a responsibility to (1) release a phone that does what it is meant to do without causing you to scratch your eyes out in frustration, and (2) not advertise a product that is better or appears better than the product actually released.

But that's just my opinion. What do I know...

p.s. way to take advantage of spell check there chief...
    04-28-09 03:44 PM
    Do I need to do the deep breaths speech again? Or break out my moderator stick!

Relax for something is in the wind, seems credible, confirmed by known sources. IF and WHEN the info comes we'll get it to you. Relax and watch the Mentalist tonight (great show) and maybe when it's done we'll see something. Maybe not! BUT something IS out there.
    04-28-09 03:45 PM
    if .141 becomes official, i want you to print each post you've ever made, on heavy construction paper, one post per sheet, and eat each and every one. if not, then i'll allow you to run me off of a cliff with a bulldozer. deal?
    Geez, you again. See post #429! And no I don't think this will release today like BGR stated.
    04-28-09 03:45 PM
    hahahaha are you joking?

iphone fans who tried to get along with the storm will jump...they always wanted a toy. Anyone who needs to get any actual work done, or enjoyes a MUCH MUCH more open platform with much much more frequent updates, along with the BB infrastructure will stay with the storm, or jump to another BB.

The BB users that jump to iphone really didn't want a BB. They wanted a flashy UI on a media player with some hints of a phone attached.
    See post #429! So, yes, I was joking.
    04-28-09 03:46 PM

Relax for something is in the wind, seems credible, confirmed by known sources. IF and WHEN the info comes we'll get it to you. Relax and watch the Mentalist tonight (great show) and maybe when it's done we'll see something. Maybe not! BUT something IS out there.
    Geez, they made you a mod already?? If that's the case I should own CB by now. LOL
    04-28-09 03:48 PM
    I wouldn't say that. They may have wanted a media-centric berry with a touch screen, similar to that of the Iphone, but decided that they couldn't bare the random reboots and constant freezing/lockups of the Storm.
    04-28-09 03:51 PM
    And no I don't think this will release today like BGR stated.
    But you do believe BGR when they say that VZW and Apple are in bed?
    04-28-09 04:00 PM

Finally something useful in some 400+ posts.
    04-28-09 04:01 PM
    Keep up the good work Patches. I want to see this guy eat paper lol.

I'm getting more excited!!! I hope this isn't going to be yet another "Get the super model home, shes drunk, and before you touch her she gets sick and starts throwing up, thus your night is ruined" type of deal.
    04-28-09 04:04 PM
    But you do believe BGR when they say that VZW and Apple are in bed?
    Dunno, BGR also said that VZW and Microsoft are working on an iPhone like device too. At this point it'll be a "I'll believe when I see it" scenario. Until then, I'm just gonna sit back and watch everyone get pi ssed off and rant/rave when it doesn't happen in the time frame stated.

Don't get me wrong, I want the latest and greatest like everyone else. But when you've been watching this all unfold for as long as I have you learn not to get too excited too fast.
    04-28-09 04:05 PM
    This scares me. I sure hope .122 didn't make VZW cut...
    04-28-09 04:07 PM
    Geez, you again. See post #429! And no I don't think this will release today like BGR stated.
    i'm not talkin about today. you say that vzw hates teh masses and doesn't care about the storm. so they won't ever release a new OS. i say shenanigans!
    I'm sure this observation has already been made, but the OS release for the 8830 was released on Wednesday last week.

Something to consider... at least for a couple of milliseconds.

That was very X-Files of you... hha
    Keep up the good work Patches. I want to see this guy eat paper lol.

I'm getting more excited!!! I hope this isn't going to be yet another "Get the super model home, shes drunk, and before you touch her she gets sick and starts throwing up, thus your night is ruined" type of deal.
    Who said your night has to be ruined
499 ... 1617181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD