I realize Im probably picking at the very fabric that is Crackberry Forums but geez! Have some perspective people! We are talking about an operating system of a phone. Dont be consumed and let it happen.

People are seriously stressing about this huh?
    Hey let em go. I love relaxing days at work watching the zombies attack anything that says leak or official next to it. There needs to be more threadds like this. they make a slow day go by quick.
    04-28-09 02:28 PM
    Hey let em go. I love relaxing days at work watching the zombies attack anything that says leak or official next to it. There needs to be more threadds like this. they make a slow day go by quick.
    actually there really DON'T need to be more threads like this
    04-28-09 02:29 PM
    do you know much about writing OS's? b/c I think you're underestimating how complicated it is

It must be very difficult because they are having one h ell of a time with this one. The UI is shotty at best. Sure the home screen looks cool but when you get into it its like living in DOS all over again.
    04-28-09 02:30 PM
    blah blah blah blah....
    *sigh*
    I just want my storm OS upgraded.
    that's all
    04-28-09 02:33 PM
    It must be very difficult because they are having one h ell of a time with this one. The UI is shotty at best. Sure the home screen looks cool but when you get into it its like living in DOS all over again.
    Man, you're on a roll with your incorrect observations today.
    04-28-09 02:33 PM
    I find this very very funny.

How about you try and hack RIM's OS.. Lets see how far you get?

Okay, I will save you the trouble. It cant be done. RIM's OS is one of the most superior, if not, the most superior OS for a mobile platform. Theres a reason governments use RIM, and not Apple or WM
    Well there's the Sectera Edge, NSA approved and uses Windows Mobile
    I admit however that that's an extreme case. Large, expensive and just ugly IMHO.

Maybe they can't hack the OS, but you might be able to get access to the BES. Seems like PDF distiller vulnerabilities have happened several times, including recently.
    04-28-09 02:37 PM
    Saying the Storm UI is like DOS is a bit of an exaggeration. For 99-98% of the people who have a storm it works fine. The 1-2% that come to Crackberry.com (and other blackberry forms) and become "acutely" aware of the inner-workings of smartphones and computers are the only ones who are "pissed off" about the Storm.
    Man, you're on a roll with your incorrect observations today.
    So you are saying this is the best UI you have seen on a mobile device?? Not sure who's having the observation issues. Not much has changed since 4.4 on my old 8830. I just think they could dress it up a bit, more eye candy I guess. Its just hard to believe with all the technology in the world they can't make a simple menu look more advanced....state of the art.
    So you are saying this is the best UI you have seen on a mobile device?? Not sure who's having the observation issues. Not much has changed since 4.4 on my old 8830. I just think they could dress it up a bit, more eye candy I guess. Its just hard to believe with all the technology in the world they can't make a simple menu look more advanced....state of the art.
    sounds like you should just get another phone all together....there is no miracle OS for the storm that will make u happy...im sure of it
    04-28-09 02:40 PM
    Saying the Storm UI is like DOS is a bit of an exaggeration. For 99-98% of the people who have a storm it works fine. The 1-2% that come to Crackberry.com (and other blackberry forms) and become "acutely" aware of the inner-workings of smartphones and computers are the only ones who are "pissed off" about the Storm.
    Well, yeah DOS is an exaggeration but I think you get my point. I just really expected more with the Storm. The OS hasn't changed all that much from the 8830. The browser is a very good example of what I'm talking about. Sure data speed has improved but the overall function and look is same ol same ol.
    I personally love the BB UI. I came from WinMo 5.0, and that was pretty annoying. I've seen the iPhone UI and all it is is a home screen with pages upon pages of icons...wow creative.

I love how I have my BB set up, and I like the Black bg, blue highlights too. It looks sleek and not bloated, but refined. Where's the issue?
    pholey, the only thing we've all noticed so far in these threads is how bad emotionally you need this OS. Dude, it's an OS, seriously. you make a lot of exaggerated points, just go buy an iPhone like the rest of the sheep who want a piece of tech to think for them. The Storm is a great smartphone, I use it all the time, I have no problems with it, it gets my email, sends all kinds of messages, wakes me up in the morning, connects calls when i need it to, it flat out works, and a lot better than the stupid KRZR I had before it. Battery life is good, if all you wanted were pretty pictures you're in the wrong place man, be glad VZW is taking their time and being picky with the OS, if they just half-a__ everything then you'd just have something else to complain about....
    04-28-09 02:44 PM
    Well, yeah DOS is an exaggeration but I think you get my point. I just really expected more with the Storm. The OS hasn't changed all that much from the 8830. The browser is a very good example of what I'm talking about. Sure data speed has improved but the overall function and look is same ol same ol.
    Can't 3rd party themes and apps solve some of those problems?
    04-28-09 02:44 PM
    sounds like you should just get another phone all together....there is no miracle OS for the storm that will make u happy...im sure of it
    No, I'm hoping that RIM starts paying attention whats going on. HTC, Apple and now it sounds like Microsoft are all advancing at a rapid pace. I've been a RIM user and fan for YEARS! I just want them to catch up. For first time BB owners sure the Storm is probably very impressive. But as someone who is very familiar with RIMs old and new OS' I just crave for something innovative like the SurePress technology. If they can do that, you'd think they could dress up the OS a bit to give old BB users a "new" look. I guess the best way to explain it is it needs a face lift. By this, so there is no confusion, I mean once you get in the OS, menu options, etc it just looks very generic.
    04-28-09 02:46 PM
    Can't 3rd party themes and apps solve some of those problems?
    Perhaps, but those too are still so buggy and memory hogs. But you are thinking in the right direction.
    04-28-09 02:47 PM
    Has anyone said anything productive in the last 10 pages or so?
    04-28-09 02:49 PM
    I love all of Crackberry Nation!!
    04-28-09 02:52 PM
    Perhaps, but those too are still so buggy and memory hogs. But you are thinking in the right direction.
    I wouldn't know about the "bugginess" of themes (and the 3rd Party browsers) mainly because I don't use them because I feel that the BB UI and browser do everything that I need for them to do. Sure, some extra features and graphic user interfaces would be nice, but they would be just that.... "extra."
    Last edited by gafly; 04-28-09 at 02:57 PM.
    04-28-09 02:53 PM
    Has anyone said anything productive in the last 10 pages or so?
    The answer to your question lies in the name of the "forum" this thread was moved too.

Lounge = Off Topic
    04-28-09 02:55 PM
    Can I ask how long it's been since Verizon certified the upgrade?
    04-28-09 02:56 PM
    yes, you can ask
    04-28-09 02:56 PM
    Here is something very productive from another thread:

Today

Couple of days

Next week

One of em i'd say
    04-28-09 02:57 PM
    i think my f5 is broken...thats why i havent got an update yet
    04-28-09 02:59 PM
    Here is something very productive from another thread:
    I just read that in the other thread, and I must say that I liked your response! Ha ha ha ha!
    If you have received any TARP/Bailout funds, you might need to ask Congress if you can do that.
499 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD