NO UPGRADE COMING!!! At least from VZW. Keep your fingers crossed for leaks.
    04-28-09 01:41 PM
    Take this with a grain of salt, and remember this is just here say. All I am doing is sharing info. thats all!! Take it lightly peps !

Called VZW on another issue about 2:00 EST. I asked the proverbal question, the storm OS ..... blah, blah, blah. she said that there is no time table for a new update, and does not know what the version will be. She then said that she had a storm and that I will be much impressed with the new OS once its released. I ask her nicely, as to what version she was running on her phone, and she replied, "the Latest". I asked if that was .132, and she said again.... "the latest ..... above .132". she then reminded me that I would get notification on my phone for updates and to make sure I kept a watchful eye out, and I would love the new features, but again she did not know the date for release, nor a version.
    04-28-09 01:42 PM
    I tried to tell you BGR+VZW= FAIL! VZW is in no hurry to release a new OS...that's been apparent for several months now. iPhone will be released on VZW before the Storm gets a new OS. Sucks but that my opinion. I think its time for RIM to start pressuring VZW to release an OS. After all, RIM has the most at stake if nothing is done....especially if the rumors about the iPhone coming to VZW are true.
    VZW has much more at stake. RIM gets $$ when VZW buys phones from them (and there have already been alot of Storms sold). VZW would lose monthly subscriber revenue if they didn't release an OS update. If VZW doesn't get their act together, RIM could start selling CDMA Storms on another NA CDMA carrier. Also keep in mind that RIM sells phones on dozens of carriers, worldwide. So VZW is the one who would take a hit from delays, not RIM.
    NO UPGRADE COMING!!! At least from VZW. Keep your fingers crossed for leaks.
    why do you say that ? insider knowledge ??? lol
    why...i have the OTA option on 132??

I would like to know the answer to this question too!
    Last edited by gafly; 04-28-09 at 01:51 PM.
    04-28-09 01:46 PM
    It has already be said that there is no need to downgrade to .75 folks
    04-28-09 01:52 PM
    It has already be said that there is no need to downgrade to .75 folks
    TRUE

quoting you for emphasis
    I wish people would remember this
    04-28-09 01:54 PM
    Wow... I went out to lunch hoping that we would have some more info by the time I got back... and all we have is 26 pages of light reading in the Owner's Lounge.
    04-28-09 01:55 PM
    Wow... I went out to lunch hoping that we would have some more info by the time I got back... and all we have is 26 pages of light reading in the Owner's Lounge.
    haha indeed
    but something tells me you're not entirely surprised right?
    04-28-09 01:57 PM
    haha indeed
    but something tells me you're not entirely surprised right?
    You are correct... not surprised at all.
    04-28-09 02:03 PM
    VZW has much more at stake. RIM gets $$ when VZW buys phones from them (and there have already been alot of Storms sold). VZW would lose monthly subscriber revenue if they didn't release an OS update. If VZW doesn't get their act together, RIM could start selling CDMA Storms on another NA CDMA carrier. Also keep in mind that RIM sells phones on dozens of carriers, worldwide. So VZW is the one who would take a hit from delays, not RIM.
    Not sure VZW is that concerned with the Storm any longer. Too much chatter about the iPhone and VZW becoming partners....in less than a year. After the reviews the Storm has gotten and lack of an official OS in months, I'd say many carriers might want to stay away. Lets face it, the Storm let us down as the iPhone killer. While I love the SurePress technology, the Storm still leaves a lot to be desired.

So you are saying no one will buy the iPhone from VZW? I have a feeling all these DIE HARD Storm users would jump ship in a heart beat. I really thought the Storm was going to be the "killer". App wise and technology wise they are leaving a lot on the table. Also, there are now rumors that VZW is teaming up with Microsoft to build the next iPhone killer. Let just say, I think VZW realizes the Storm is not the answer.
    04-28-09 02:07 PM
    why do you say that ? insider knowledge ??? lol
    No all "insider knowledge" had us upgraded months ago. lol
    04-28-09 02:08 PM
    I realize Im probably picking at the very fabric that is Crackberry Forums but geez! Have some perspective people! We are talking about an operating system of a phone. Dont be consumed and let it happen.

People are seriously stressing about this huh?
    04-28-09 02:09 PM
    This would make me a very sad panda....
    HEY! We don't take kindly to Panda Bears!!!!
    04-28-09 02:10 PM
    I would think VZW need to get this out soon. It is comical the reviews of the Storm on VZW website. This is not what RIM or VZW want people to read.

The Storm has a better shot of bringing "new" Blackberry users to the table than any other BB phone. I don't want to argue that the Bold or 8900 are not good, they are not much different in the average persons eyes from older BB, and still carry an this is for business stereotype.

I have to believe there is pressure on all fronts to get this phone running good, and learn how to make it better.
    04-28-09 02:11 PM
    Not sure VZW is that concerned with the Storm any longer. Too much chatter about the iPhone and VZW becoming partners....in less than a year. After the reviews the Storm has gotten and lack of an official OS in months, I'd say many carriers might want to stay away. Lets face it, the Storm let us down as the iPhone killer. While I love the SurePress technology, the Storm still leaves a lot to be desired.

So you are saying no one will buy the iPhone from VZW? I have a feeling all these DIE HARD Storm users would jump ship in a heart beat. I really thought the Storm was going to be the "killer". App wise and technology wise they are leaving a lot on the table. Also, there are now rumors that VZW is teaming up with Microsoft to build the next iPhone killer. Let just say, I think VZW realizes the Storm is not the answer.
    I will jump ship in a heartbeat. Phone loyalty is about as ******** as it gets. I don't care who makes it, as long as it works right. While I think Apple is marketed to the sheepish (and not very intelligent) general public, I would still jump ship in a heartbeat to give it a try. The problem is Verizon has a horrible smart phone selection. I got the storm because I was tired of waiting for the Palm Pro. Then the palm pre was announced. I would have got that. Not coming to verizon anytime soon. Any good potential smart phone that comes to verizon I will buy...and try....but the more they attach juvenile names instead of model numbers the less I want to buy.
    04-28-09 02:16 PM
    I would think VZW need to get this out soon. It is comical the reviews of the Storm on VZW website. This is not what RIM or VZW want people to read.

The Storm has a better shot of bringing "new" Blackberry users to the table than any other BB phone. I don't want to argue that the Bold or 8900 are not good, they are not much different in the average persons eyes from older BB, and still carry an this is for business stereotype.

I have to believe there is pressure on all fronts to get this phone running good, and learn how to make it better.

Yeah, bad mistake putting a review section on the Storm....especially on VZW's website. I wonder how VZW is living up to the exclusive quota? Shouldn't be long before RIM pulls the plug and the Storm is avail to go on any network. RIM has a lot to learn when it comes to building an OS and using ancient technology. I love VZW and RIM but WOW they are really letting me down with this one. Not sure why VZW is so scared to release another official OS. To be honest, .132 seems to be as stable as .75 w/o the "lagginess".
    I realize Im probably picking at the very fabric that is Crackberry Forums but geez! Have some perspective people! We are talking about an operating system of a phone. Dont be consumed and let it happen.

People are seriously stressing about this huh?
    I surely hope no one is "stressing" this, its more likely that they/we are just bored at work or school....OS talk seems to be the most addictive thing in the Storm section of CB.
    I will jump ship in a heartbeat. Phone loyalty is about as ******** as it gets. I don't care who makes it, as long as it works right. While I think Apple is marketed to the sheepish (and not very intelligent) general public, I would still jump ship in a heartbeat to give it a try. The problem is Verizon has a horrible smart phone selection. I got the storm because I was tired of waiting for the Palm Pro. Then the palm pre was announced. I would have got that. Not coming to verizon anytime soon. Any good potential smart phone that comes to verizon I will buy...and try....but the more they attach juvenile names instead of model numbers the less I want to buy.
    Exactly my point. I'm with you, I'll give any smartphone a try. However, I will not jump ship when it comes to carriers. I've already been down that road. Their network truly is the best in the biz. I'm just waiting for a touch device to come to VZW that lives up to its hype and so far the Storm has not. Thats not to say it can't be saved or its too late but I see nothing coming from VZW and the Storm to make me think otherwise.
    Last edited by Pholey22; 04-28-09 at 02:23 PM.
    04-28-09 02:20 PM
    Yeah, bad mistake putting a review section on the Storm....especially on VZW's website. I wonder how VZW is living up to the exclusive quota? Shouldn't be long before RIM pulls the plug and the Storm is avail to go on any network. RIM has a lot to learn when it comes to building an OS and using ancient technology. I love VZW and RIM but WOW they are really letting me down with this one. Not sure why VZW is so scared to release another official OS. To be honest, .132 seems to be as stable as .75 w/o the "lagginess".
    I find this very very funny.

How about you try and hack RIM's OS.. Lets see how far you get?

Okay, I will save you the trouble. It cant be done. RIM's OS is one of the most superior, if not, the most superior OS for a mobile platform. Theres a reason governments use RIM, and not Apple or WM
    04-28-09 02:23 PM

You put alot of words in my mouth, and you make alot of assumptions. You assume (based on the same sources you question) that VZW will get an iPhone variant. You also assume that other carriers don't want the Storm. I think Alltel would love a phone that could sell a million units in a few months. Most carriers for that matter would love a top selling device, and would gladly jump on the Storm bandwagon.
    04-28-09 02:23 PM
    If the Iphone comes to Verizon, I will bet my last dollor that it will outsell any Verizon smartphone. To combine such an easy to use phone with the best network would be too much for any other smartphone to measure up to. Just my 2 cents.
    04-28-09 02:24 PM
    do you know much about writing OS's? b/c I think you're underestimating how complicated it is
    04-28-09 02:24 PM
    Lets just hope that all this VZW/iPhone chatter lights a fire under RIMs azz to get the Storm where it should be. I guess thats all us Storm owners can hope for. PLEASE OH PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG RIM!! I WILL TAKE IT ALL BACK!! (not sure that will work but what the hay)
    04-28-09 02:25 PM
    I find this very very funny.

How about you try and hack RIM's OS.. Lets see how far you get?

Okay, I will save you the trouble. It cant be done. RIM's OS is one of the most superior, if not, the most superior OS for a mobile platform. Theres a reason governments use RIM, and not Apple or WM
    I'm not that concerned about phone hacking. I have nothing to hide. If I were in gov't might be different but not the case. Perhaps I should have stated the UI leaves a lot to be desired not so much the hidden guts of the OS.
    04-28-09 02:28 PM
499 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD