i dont think you have to downgrade to .75 being that .141 is actually an upgrade to v .132.

Does that sound right?
    That is correct! And if vzw releases it, no need to delete vendor.xml for vzw users
    04-28-09 11:07 AM
    what if the ota only recognizes those devices using Official firmwares and a downgrade is needed to ensure that there is no spill over problems from the leaked os's?? just my .02
    04-28-09 11:08 AM
    What do you mean by manually rotate the screen?
    I think he means will the storm be able to lock in portrait or landscape mode if choose to.
    04-28-09 11:10 AM
    Why would you have to do all that? Just upgrade.
    Us with 5.0 hybrids will have to downgrade to a non-hybrid version I'm sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:11 AM
    What do you mean by manually rotate the screen?
    I meant rotating between portrait and landscape views. I'd like to have an option to turn off auto-rotate and set rotating to something like a convenience key. That way, if auto-rotate is off, the phone will remain in portrait (or landscape) no matter what, unless I push the convenience key to manually rotate it. I understand the benefit to having the phone auto-rotate, but I find that the phone rotates far too often on its own and is still too sensitive.

I may be in the minority, here, but I find myself almost always in portrait view, so I rarely have a need for landscape. That said, it would still be nice to manually rotate to it when needed.
    Does OTA upgrade backup 3rd party apps?
    what if the ota only recognizes those devices using Official firmwares and a downgrade is needed to ensure that there is no spill over problems from the leaked os's?? just my .02
    If you go to the "Wireless Upgrade" option on your Storm, it recognizes what OS you're running. Mine says, for example, 4.7.0.122, and if I upgrade to .141 everything will be fine.
    04-28-09 11:13 AM
    We won't have to do anything if it never comes out.
    04-28-09 11:14 AM
    .132 its fixed to my knowledge
    Yes it is.
    04-28-09 11:15 AM
    lol zing!
    04-28-09 11:16 AM
    Does OTA upgrade backup 3rd party apps?
    Nope,you gotta to do the back ups manually for phone and 3rd party apps.
    Radio has dropped more than enough hints to suggest its going to be released today.

I just hope Vodafone aren't far behind
    I meant rotating between portrait and landscape views. I'd like to have an option to turn off auto-rotate and set rotating to something like a convenience key. That way, if auto-rotate is off, the phone will remain in portrait (or landscape) no matter what, unless I push the convenience key to manually rotate it. I understand the benefit to having the phone auto-rotate, but I find that the phone rotates far too often on its own and is still too sensitive.

I may be in the minority, here, but I find myself almost always in portrait view, so I rarely have a need for landscape. That said, it would still be nice to manually rotate to it when needed.
    I agree with you on this. With all the great themes we're getting it would be sweet to just keep it in portrait specially when the theme has so many options on the home screen.
    Radio has dropped more than enough hints to suggest its going to be released today.

I just hope Vodafone aren't far behind
    They are testing a few builds currently.
    04-28-09 11:17 AM
    Not sure it will ever be over. VZM kinda bit themselves in the **** waiting so long to fix these problems. Leaks are everywhere. Even the local stores are loading them to solve problems. I think people will keep looking for better. Maybe not as crazy as before, but still looking. Just look crackberry has blown up with new users and threads because of how bad .75 is. It's always been a great site, but the storm has defiantly brought a lot of people here.
    I would never have joined if the storm wasn't such a turd. My frustration with the Storm is like a parents frustration with certain children. If your child is dumb and not very able, then it is not very disappointing when they do not amount to much. However, when you have an extremely gifted child with mounds of potential (i.e. storm) that doesn't do a damn thing, you are more inclined to get angry. It's due to the child (product) not living up to the potential that it should...
    04-28-09 11:20 AM
    Its here! I just got an email from VZW_OS141_Is_Bull****@Verizonwireless.com! They said its coming out in an hour! Yay Verizon!
    04-28-09 11:20 AM
    I’m backed up and trying to wait patiently.
    04-28-09 11:21 AM
    Thanks Radio thats good to hear. The new ones must be good bc .131 is awesome. looks and runs great IMO.
    04-28-09 11:22 AM
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    That is correct! And if vzw releases it, no need to delete vendor.xml for vzw users

Unless of course you are a Telus or Bell Subscriber, then you WILL need to delete the vendor.xml file.
    True that anyone with a 5.0 hybrid will have to downgrade first?? I thought the update process "automagically" (love that slacker comercial) wiped the device...
    04-28-09 11:24 AM
    if it was out it'd be out already...remember VZW is in NJ, so they're 3 hours ahead of me on the west coast, its noon there. it'd be an automated update, prolly happening at a predetermined time early in the a.m. or really late p.m.

besides, vzw just got .141 for testing, idk how they could be releasing it as "official" without testing it fully anyway!
    Thanks for the info ! I like my 5.0 Medium-Rare!
    is 141 any better than 132? i've have great results with 132.... can i get a smiley radio
    .141 is supposed to be faster with less chance of spinning clock thingy than .132, when i upload later i'll give a full report of my findings.
    04-28-09 11:25 AM
    you and 100s or other idiots have told this to us before and it has always been BS. what exactly do you want, a cookie?
    I could use a cookie.
    04-28-09 11:26 AM
499 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD