do u have .90 installed on ur pc?
    05-24-09 11:40 AM
    I did a search and can not find it anywere.
    05-24-09 11:58 AM
    The radio with .148 works much better than .90
    05-24-09 12:00 PM
    I am running .148 and switched to the .90 radio and it's running very well. I too don't see much difference in the display since the switch. WTF? Why is it that some people can see the difference and not others? Admittedly, i am running a very low backlight but i honestly can't see a really noticeable difference. My wife is still on the original .75 and i have been doing some side by side comparisons since .132 and i have never seen it.
    It's pretty blatant on the UI, not photos or media. For instance on the stock theme, highlight a button on the app screen and see how the blue color is "banded," not smooth.
    05-24-09 12:08 PM
    The radio with .148 works much better than .90
    The .132 .SFI is probably the best core OS file, but the .90 is pretty close (and you get the full color effect).
    05-24-09 12:10 PM
    Ok, let me try this again.....

Ok nubish question here, but it seems like there are many ways to put together your OS and that it may not be as simple as just downloading the OS. I've seen 4.7 this 5.0 that, hybrid this, 90 .sfi that...

I currently run the stock 4.7.0.75 that came with my BB from VZ. I have been leary about updating the OS/Firmware as I was hoping against hope VZ would release a new one; but as of this post I'm not holding my breath anymore... From what I can tell you have the OS and the platform. Everyone talks about downloading the OS and nothing about the platform...or mabye they do and I'm missing it? And what about the radio/.sfi? Is that separate too? Some clarification here would be great and some now shyt this is what works well together conclusion would be awesome too. Thanks in advance. BTW i saw a complaint about internet radio above which I use A LOT and currently runs flawlessly on my stock OS with slacker so I don't want to screw that up. And what's with the color issue you guys are talking about?
    05-24-09 12:34 PM
    I did a search and can not find it anywere.
    do u mean the .90 os?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-142273/
    05-24-09 12:49 PM
    No I was looking for the file that had the radio file however after everthing I have read I will stick with .148 radio,
    05-24-09 09:33 PM
    I tried loading the .90 radio and everything worked
    SO i thought
    The second I touched a button a big fat VZW logo came up and would not go away
    But it did chang orientation when moving the storm
    What gives?
    Im using unlocked storm on TMO and want the .90 radio becuase as far as I can tell .113, .141, and .148 have problems keeping the EDGE connection
    05-25-09 03:50 AM
    SO i thought
    What gives?
    Im using unlocked storm on TMO and want the .90 radio becuase as far as I can tell .113, .141, and .148 have problems keeping the EDGE connection
    What gives? You dranked the kool-aid man. You may be able to battery pull your way into a smooth transition like Marcus did, but the problems of .90 are LEGEND.
    05-25-09 07:50 AM
    What gives? You dranked the kool-aid man. You may be able to battery pull your way into a smooth transition like Marcus did, but the problems of .90 are LEGEND.
    BS. I've been using the .90 radio since it came out and have never had any issues. Period.

The only thinh I can tell with .90 is that it uses more memory.
    05-25-09 10:03 AM
    It's natural to think that the latest is the greatest, but if people tested the two radios (90 and 148) without knowing which was which, I think the overwhelming majority would say 90 is better.
    05-25-09 03:21 PM
    How is the memory leak with 90 radio? Should be interesting bc i understand BBCM will be using this in his new hybrid (either exclusively or as an option)...
    05-25-09 04:34 PM
    NO, I don't do battery pulls anymore bro. My device doesn't mind .90. There are a lot of them out there that don't. Unfortunately, its sounds like your does
    05-25-09 04:44 PM
    How is the memory leak with 90 radio? Should be interesting bc i understand BBCM will be using this in his new hybrid (either exclusively or as an option)...
    I am using his hybrid now.........AMAZING!
    05-25-09 04:45 PM
    I guess a lot of people "dranked the kool-aid" then. Some of the newer OS's negate the freezing, reboots, etc. that were brought on by OS .90. I LOVE it, and am now using BBCrackman's v6 with .90. Best OS I have ever used, plain and simple.
    05-25-09 04:49 PM
    I am using his hybrid now.........AMAZING!
    Hows your memory? What do you boot at and where does it settle during day of normal usage?
    05-25-09 04:52 PM
    SO i thought
    What gives?
    Dude, forget this OS if you're using T-Mobile. I've tried and tried and the only OS that seems to keep a solid EDGE so far is .122 with the TCP disabled. I've had a solid EDGE for over a month now and everything is working with the exception of Yahoo IM for some reason...email, browser, google maps, AIM, MMS are all working solid!
    05-25-09 05:14 PM
    I just want to say how I appreciate what the developers are doing with this product. The Storm has sold many units, I wonder how many have been "upgraded" by their user/owner? Lyrical and the others deserve a lot of credit for this effort. It takes time and skill and frankly doesn't pay well. I was Ok with where ai was with .113 I think it was, tried the latest hybrid over .148 and then swapped the radio for the .113 radio... Works like a charm... Folks, we are cutting edge. How many of you remember **** Tracy Comics, they were in Newspapers, remember newspapers? Anyway, he had a wrist communicator that does what the Storm and other such "smartphones" do.

Well, here we are. Congratulations.
    05-25-09 05:20 PM
    I guess a lot of people "dranked the kool-aid" then. Some of the newer OS's negate the freezing, reboots, etc. that were brought on by OS .90. I LOVE it, and am now using BBCrackman's v6 with .90. Best OS I have ever used, plain and simple.

Where can i get BBCrackman's v6 with the .90 radio?

Thanks in advance.
    05-26-09 08:23 PM
    So after my ado and three battery pulls I can not believe the difference in my Storm. All my apps work (including Slacker Radio which never worked) and I am on consistent EDGE even with my APN setting in my phone!

BBCrackman's Hybrid is amazing and I can not thank him for all his hard work and You Tube video explaining how to do it!!
    05-28-09 06:32 PM
    tried this for the first time tonight. gotta admit its great. so far no issues signal is good. no color banding, i think im happy
    07-01-09 06:31 PM
    how do u do all of this.. like idk which os has which radio.. confused!
    08-08-11 11:10 PM
    I downloaded a radio exchange, but have no idea how to install it because it does not even install it. I apologize for the newbie question, but how do I use it?
    08-11-11 10:08 PM
174 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD