hi i just installed with swamp a radio .90 with the 5.0 hybrid and its working fine. marcus said that wasnt acting right. how exactly do i know the color banding is gone. sorry i am a newb
    lol why would you install .90 radio if you dont even know what color banding is?

Colour banding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    05-21-09 01:31 AM
    lol why would you install .90 radio if you dont even know what color banding is?

Colour banding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    thanks for the reply lol i just follow what everyone else is doing they didnt seem to have trouble so i tried it and my .148/5.0 .90 sfi is working perfect for hours now no problems minimal memory leaks for now. thanks parkson
    05-21-09 01:37 AM
    thanks for the reply lol i just follow what everyone else is doing they didnt seem to have trouble so i tried it and my .148/5.0 .90 sfi is working perfect for hours now no problems minimal memory leaks for now. thanks parkson
    might as well let you know this as well. i have tried the .90 radio code before (on verizon) and it worked fine for 3 days after. sure enough the reboots and VSOD (verizon screen of death) problems started happening and only got more and more problematic. thats when your screen is stuck on the black verizon loading screen that loads right before the phone boots. battery pull fixes that... temporarily. im just giving you the warning signs to look out for so you know that .90 decided to take on a mind of its own. gl!
    05-21-09 01:44 AM
    might as well let you know this as well. i have tried the .90 radio code before (on verizon) and it worked fine for 3 days after. sure enough the reboots and VSOD (verizon screen of death) problems started happening and only got more and more problematic. thats when your screen is stuck on the black verizon loading screen that loads right before the phone boots. battery pull fixes that... temporarily. im just giving you the warning signs to look out for so you know that .90 decided to take on a mind of its own. gl!
    lol oh k thanks i havent had any problems and knock on wood i wont have any after. but thanks for the heads up again. I am pretty good with phone stuff lol this is piece of cake then unlocking the iphone which i have done before
    05-21-09 01:53 AM
    Can you elaborate on that bug?
    L
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sure. When listening to music you can turn on audio boost to increase the volume level to a higher maximum.

Menu>options>audio boost on/off from any media menu except for Now Playing

In every OS if you got an audible alert while listening to music the music would pause, the alert would play, then the music would resume with out audio boost. This would cause it to resume with a huge and very annoying volume drop. Once bugged the only way to fix it and be able to get the audio boosted again would be to reset the phone.

When you turn the boost on you get a warning about damaging your hearing...but the volume level is what needs to be paid attention to with this issue...

05-21-09 01:59 AM
    Sure. When listening to music you can turn on audio boost to increase the volume level to a higher maximum.

Menu>options>audio boost on/off from any media menu except for Now Playing

In every OS if you got an audible alert while listening to music the music would pause, the alert would play, then the music would resume with out audio boost. This would cause it to resume with a huge and very annoying volume drop. Once bugged the only way to fix it and be able to get the audio boosted again would be to reset the phone.

When you turn the boost on you get a warning about damaging your hearing...but the volume level is what needs to be paid attention to with this issue...

Sweet... I'm running audio boost now but no email yet. Someone respond to this post!! Lol

Meanwhile I am happy to report video (2 recordings of five minutes) no issues. Also camera is snappy quick. But dunno if image quality good since ot night time. Laggy typing on browser is only complaint so far... Confirmed only on this site so far.

05-21-09 02:32 AM
    Just confirmed the Audio Boost bug still there. Also just remembered no more GO button on web browser keyboard.

05-21-09 03:01 AM
    Doesn't work for me unfortunately. I get Java errors when loading apps even after 3 battery pulls.
    05-21-09 03:58 AM
    hi i just installed with swamp a radio .90 with the 5.0 hybrid and its working fine. marcus said that wasnt acting right. how exactly do i know the color banding is gone. sorry i am a newb
    Hi ghuman , I'm glad you have the .90 working with the 5.0 files! Myself along with a few others had horrible luck with that combo. Look at your "About" screen. The platform will say .114. That means you have the .90 radio code installed.
    Good luck!
    Marcus
    05-21-09 09:19 AM
    Sweet... I'm running audio boost now but no email yet. Someone respond to this post!! Lol

Meanwhile I am happy to report video (2 recordings of five minutes) no issues. Also camera is snappy quick. But dunno if image quality good since ot night time. Laggy typing on browser is only complaint so far... Confirmed only on this site so far.

Dont forget to resend service books and host routing table
    05-21-09 09:20 AM
    Doesn't work for me unfortunately. I get Java errors when loading apps even after 3 battery pulls.
    Breeze, did you wipe? I used to get errors if I didn't wipe.....
    05-21-09 09:21 AM
    No doubt, it isn't for everyone. The reason for this thread is that there were "reset" issues that were resolved (per the change log for .148) that I hope will help with some of those issues with the .90 radio code. Time will tell....
    05-21-09 09:24 AM
    Am trying this right now....as my radio seems to suck with the install. My bars are jumping ALL over the place. I still hold onto 1XEV though but the bars go from 0 to full non stop!!! Do you think this will fix it?

MrsStraty
    05-21-09 09:28 AM
    So just by upgrading to .148, I'm getting the .90 radio code?
    No you have to put it in there if you want it.

ALSO

For those on TMo that use the radio code and see random reboots I have found that it happens with certain apps that use the radio to find your location.

For example, I have never had the VSOD or a reboot using 90. Until I tried Ubertwitter. The app worked fine but my phone kept resetting. I uninstalled it and no more resets.

Just an FYI
    05-21-09 09:32 AM
    Am trying this right now....as my radio seems to suck with the install. My bars are jumping ALL over the place. I still hold onto 1XEV though but the bars go from 0 to full non stop!!! Do you think this will fix it?

MrsStraty
    Not sure......each device is different, but my signal strength is as strong with .90 as is was with the latest builds.
    05-21-09 09:35 AM
    .148 w/.90 radio is awesome. I forgot how good the colors are and how much I liked the keyboard. I think I'm done messin with my OS. Ireally like this.

05-21-09 09:49 AM
    How do you know if the radio is .90?
    05-21-09 09:51 AM
    .148 w/.90 radio is awesome. I forgot how good the colors are and how much I liked the keyboard. I think I'm done messin with my OS. Ireally like this.

Seeing how some of you guys/girls get, I'd put money on this and say you'd upgrade at the next leak/official release
    05-21-09 09:53 AM
    The platform in the about screen will end with .114

Seeing how some of you guys/girls get, I'd put money on this and say you'd upgrade at the next leak/official release
    O radio, u slay me ha ha AWESOME
    Last edited by justdrew1985; 05-21-09 at 10:04 AM. Reason: didn't wanna double post...
    05-21-09 10:03 AM
    Yup my platform is that .114..
    Now lets see if that fixes my bar issues....the boot up time was superfast..less tan 2 minutes..Memory is good, booting at 46.5mb but I have epocrates running and that is a momory killer...but still booting with more memory than .141 5.0 hybrid...My BIGGEST issue is getting the bars to stop jumping all over. Will keep ya updated!

Thanks,
    MrsStraty
    05-21-09 10:06 AM
    Dont forget to resend service books and host routing table
    Haha I mean, no emails coming in at that time. Like when I needed to test it. I did do that and send service books and the bug does exist.

^^^so the 5.0 files work? Wonder if they will make the typing a bit more snappy.
    05-21-09 11:25 AM
    Indeed I will, but I'm sure most of us will be trying to get .90 to work with new releases. Video quality is greatly impacted as well as website image clarity. Before I used to think Bolt's browser was sharper and clearer, but it was actually the newer color banding issue.

Kind of a sudden flashback but, it would appear the color banding is like back when Windows had "256 colors" vs. "16-bit/32-bit color". Anyone remember those ye olde dayes?
    05-21-09 11:29 AM
    Just confirmed the Audio Boost bug still there. Also just remembered no more GO button on web browser keyboard.

Cool, thanks for that. I was pretty sure the radio was what caused/corrected this issue.

This bug is just too big an issue for me because I listen to a a lot of music on my Storm so I will be sticking with .148 radio. It seems to me that Pandora (and others) sounds a lot better when the boost is working and it only works right in .148.
    05-21-09 11:42 AM
    Breeze, did you wipe? I used to get errors if I didn't wipe.....
    It is just vlingo 3.0. I doesn't seem to work with the new release.
    05-21-09 01:17 PM
    The platform will say .114 on your About screen.
    05-21-09 02:35 PM
174 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD