I wonder how the performance will be if the color issue is fixed though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It shouldnt affect it at all. Im assuming deeper colors would only affect the animations, and .90 was fine. If im wrong, i'll be pissed, because the screen was one of the selling points of this phone. You cant just advertise a beautiful hi res screen and then come out with an update that cripples it.
    03-03-09 08:10 PM
    It shouldnt affect it at all. Im assuming deeper colors would only affect the animations, and .90 was fine. If im wrong, i'll be pissed, because the screen was one of the selling points of this phone. You cant just advertise a beautiful hi res screen and then come out with an update that cripples it.
    I was under the impression that the reason that .90 was such a leap forward in performance was due to the change in color depth. Could be wrong though.

03-03-09 08:14 PM
    I hope they will be able to give us both. Clear, colorful, leaps over tall buildings, and moves at the speed of light. You know! Just like Gold Code should.
    03-03-09 08:15 PM
    I hope they will be able to give us both. Clear, colorful, leaps over tall buildings, and moves at the speed of light. You know! Just like Gold Code should.
    Well now. The gold code could do that. .125 however is another story.

03-03-09 08:18 PM
    I am sure you are correct. But I believe it was CX that said .125 was pretty "frakn" good. I think I am quoting him correctly. .109 definitely has some issues as time moves forward. If not gold code yet I will be okay with pretty frakn good. How about you all?
    03-03-09 08:23 PM
    I am sure you are correct. But I believe it was CX that said .125 was pretty "frakn" good. I think I am quoting him correctly. .109 definitely has some issues as time moves forward. If not gold code yet I will be okay with pretty frakn good. How about you all?
    Oh ill take .125 any day of the week.

03-03-09 08:25 PM
    There was some discussion a few days ago that .112 has issues. So it may provide the new cut and paste but comes with it's own host of issues. I am really not sure how much better this enhancment will be.
    03-03-09 08:30 PM
    Oh ill take .125 any day of the week.

ill second that send in .125 and ill be happy. God this is like herion, i need a leak fix WTF im Going Nucking Futz waiting. .90 Radio with .109 just isnt kicking it
    03-03-09 08:35 PM
    I agree the .109 with the 90 radio file has some issues. I think that is what I am running now. The radio file is the CDMA file isn't it? I just found a link that told me to replace the cdma file to get the color depth back. It is back now but I don't think as stable as it was before I replaced the file.
    03-03-09 08:41 PM
    Why are you guys running the .90 radio code? Only positive would be a good EDGE connection and the larger font if you like that. But then you have to deal with the VSOD, random reboots and instability.

03-03-09 08:48 PM
    Why are you guys running the .90 radio code? Only positive would be a good EDGE connection and the larger font if you like that. But then you have to deal with the VSOD, random reboots and instability.

Yes You are very correct i will go back to something this week not sure which maybe just a straight .109 cant stand the memory leaks could do the 103/106 not sure does anyone know the best combo out there ???
    03-03-09 08:50 PM
    What about a .99 radio with .109 java ?
    03-03-09 08:53 PM
    I saw a thread in the BLACKBERRY OS web site that walked you through getting the color depth back with the larger text. I think I had better luck with texting with the larger text and could see the images better. I went for it. It wasn't like I had anything better to do with it. I guess I just want it all and the was the quick fix for the color thing. I think I am sorry for it. Just too lazy to reimage it tonight. Hoping for the .125 so I can start fresh.
    03-03-09 08:54 PM
    The memory leak is annoying with .109 but you can always use quickpull every few days. One thing though is that the memory will leak to a point but it will level and stop leaking and it will keep running like a champ. Hard to be the consistency of .109. But that is just my opinion.

03-03-09 08:55 PM

I haven't gotten any VSOD ever. I guess I shouldn't say that out loud. I will probably walk in and pick up my phone and it will have rebooted and have it proudly displayed.
    03-03-09 08:58 PM
    I haven't gotten any VSOD ever. I guess I shouldn't say that out loud. I will probably walk in and pick up my phone and it will have rebooted and have it proudly displayed.
    Do you power off your phone using the power off icon then turn it back on with the red phone button? I would bet if you do it a few times it will happen. If not you are one lucky guy.

03-03-09 09:08 PM
    I haven't had any memory leaks with .109 and I have been running it since it was leaked

03-03-09 09:16 PM
    Do you power off your phone using the power off icon then turn it back on with the red phone button? I would bet if you do it a few times it will happen. If not you are one lucky guy.

Actually, come to think of it. No I don't turn it off that way. I have the power off icon hidden. I hold down the end button to turn off my power. I work hard to make sure only 16 icons are displayed on the home screen. This is one of those buttons that I deemed not needed. I guess that was a good decision for more than one reason. I can't wait for a stable OS. I want to make decisions like these for good reasons not to find out you don't have a problem with something because you didn't choose to use it.
    03-03-09 09:18 PM
    For some reason when I think of the Storm, I think of the xbox 360, and their problems with the red ring of death which I had more then once......
    03-04-09 07:49 PM
    this thread basically died after last night
    03-04-09 07:52 PM
145 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD