I wouldn't look too much at the pattern....Before the ones you listed, we had like .83, .86, .90, .99....I may be missing a few. Hopefully it's .130+++ because .12X was mentioned possible bugs since it was skipped pretty fast.
    I only hope that you are right
    03-03-09 11:00 AM
    I've gotten in the habit of skimming these type of threads for posts from CX, Radio, and Sith. Cuts out a lot of the irrelevant stuff.

I totally do the same
    03-03-09 11:06 AM
    I would disagree. Looking back we had .103, and then .106, and then .109, so according to this pattern we are most likely to get .112. On the other hand, it could be anything

Yea the version number was a guess, but is possible. The largest jump we have seen outside of .65 to .75 was .90 to .99. I wouldn't expect to many big jumps like that. That's why I am guessing .115 a nice enough jump in versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 11:10 AM
    Yea the version number was a guess, but is possible. The largest jump we have seen outside of .65 to .75 was .90 to .99. I wouldn't expect to many big jumps like that. That's why I am guessing .115 a nice enough jump in versions.

I hope for more, since they are way past the .11X...they are up in .14Xs...I would hope for at least .130+.....just a guess.
    03-03-09 11:12 AM
    I hope for more, since they are way past the .11X...they are up in .14Xs...I would hope for at least .130+.....just a guess.

I think that a version has to go in the software version of the circular file for us to get it.

03-03-09 11:16 AM
    I'm repeating this question from my post in the .125, just in case it got missed. That thread was moving pretty quickly before it got moved from the OS forum. If the question is not answered here, I will assume it is because those in the know are not allowed to say, and will leave it alone.

To any that can answer (I don't see that the question has been asked), just out of curiosity, what is the platform revision up to now? Since OS .109 is sitting on platform .136, I'm interested to know how the platform itself has progressed given that OS revisions are now at least in the .140s.
    03-03-09 11:24 AM
    I think that a version has to go in the software version of the circular file for us to get it.

Explain....
    03-03-09 11:24 AM
    my guess will be 125
    03-03-09 11:28 AM
    my guess will be 125
    I would love that....bring it on leakers....
    03-03-09 11:40 AM
    I'm repeating this question from my post in the .125, just in case it got missed. That thread was moving pretty quickly before it got moved from the OS forum. If the question is not answered here, I will assume it is because those in the know are not allowed to say, and will leave it alone.

To any that can answer (I don't see that the question has been asked), just out of curiosity, what is the platform revision up to now? Since OS .109 is sitting on platform .136, I'm interested to know how the platform itself has progressed given that OS revisions are now at least in the .140s.
    Just curious, why does it matter what the platform number is?
    03-03-09 11:43 AM
    Holy cow, they are smoking through these builds. I just read it is being tested right now. PLEASE bring us the almighty "Gold Code!"
    Anyone know more info?

I found the new leaked OS, downloaded it to my PC, and then it warned me that after the process was finished, I'd have to wirelessly activate my phone. How do you do that? I'm so afraid of bricking my phone, but I'm sick of the of the current OS.

thanks,
    Chuck
    03-03-09 11:51 AM
    I found the new leaked OS, downloaded it to my PC, and then it warned me that after the process was finished, I'd have to wirelessly activate my phone. How do you do that? I'm so afraid of bricking my phone, but I'm sick of the of the current OS.

thanks,
    Chuck
    It will automatically do that. Then when you set up, it will guide you thru turning your radio back on. Good luck
    03-03-09 11:55 AM
    Just curious, why does it matter what the platform number is?
    Back when people were making the .103/.109 hybrid, CX* was saying that this hybrid wouldn't really do much at all over the straight .103 because it was still using the previous platform on which .103 was sitting. (It's somewhere in that thread, but I'm not going to go digging.) In any case, that comment made it sound like the platform itself is actually more important--at least in some aspects.

Again, I'm just curious. If my question above cannot be answered, perhaps someone could explain the functions of the OS versus the Platform, and the importance of each.
    Last edited by Curis; 03-03-09 at 01:14 PM. Reason: *Correctly attributed the comment made above.
    03-03-09 12:21 PM
    Explain....
    Just forgotten an discarded

03-03-09 12:25 PM
    Circular file = trash can.

03-03-09 12:29 PM
    Back when people were making the .103/.109 hybrid, [I believe] RadioGuinea was saying that this hybrid wouldn't really do much at all over the straight .103 because it was still using the previous platform on which .103 was sitting. (It's somewhere in that thread, but I'm not going to go digging.) In any case, that comment made it sound like the platform itself is actually more important--at least in some aspects.

Again, I'm just curious. If my question above cannot be answered, perhaps someone could explain the functions of the OS versus the Platform, and the importance of each.
    Ok, what Radio was talking about is that because the "hybrid" was using the 9530 .103 OS and simply copying the 9500 .109 Java files, it did not change the platform number. He was basically saying this to reflect that it was not doing much to change the OS and that is why the platform number did not change.
    03-03-09 01:00 PM
    Ok, what Radio was talking about is that because the "hybrid" was using the 9530 .103 OS and simply copying the 9500 .109 Java files, it did not change the platform number. He was basically saying this to reflect that it was not doing much to change the OS and that is why the platform number did not change.
    That's basically what I was saying.

In my above post, I incorrectly attributed the comment to Radio. It was actually CX. From that thread:

I've said time and again, believe what you want. It's my job to test these devices and their OS's. If you don't want to believe me, then don't. It makes no difference to me. But I know what I know, and I'm telling you that unless there is a change in the Platform, you aren't seeing much(minimal) difference in the OS. Your belief that this makes performance better only shows your lack of knowledge on the subject matter, But again, believe what ever makes you happy.
    I assume the OS you're using is a mix between 103/109? If so, the platform you're using is that of .103, so anything newer(although possibly lower) than 109 will be considered a upgrade.
    Everyone seems so focused on the OS revision. Obviously, the OS and platform are intimately connected, but it seems like the platform is what's really important, hence the impetus for my question.
    03-03-09 01:13 PM
    Has anyone answered whether or not the color is back in these newer OS's?
    03-03-09 01:16 PM
    I would like to know that too. This color change affected my caller id pics, they are blurry.

03-03-09 01:46 PM
    They don't comment on unreleased software anymore because of prior incidents. So there's really no point in asking.

03-03-09 03:03 PM
    Some do. But you are right...

03-03-09 03:14 PM
    I did the upgrade and it went very well. It does seem much faster and smarter....not as confused as before . (the phone)

Thanks for your help!!!!

Chuck
    03-03-09 03:23 PM
    Awesome...I am ready for something way above .109.

03-03-09 03:25 PM
    I believe I saw in a thread somewhere. I don't remember which one. I read each and every tid bit I can find about the the new OSs. It said the color depth was fixed in .125. Which is why I am wishing for this to be the next leak. I know it seems small and petty in relation to functional advancements, but the color degredation makes the letters and images blurry and hard to read. It is a big satisfier for the screens to move quickly and be clear so I can read them.
    03-03-09 08:02 PM
    I believe I saw in a thread somewhere. I don't remember which one. I read each and every tid bit I can find about the the new OSs. It said the color depth was fixed in .125. Which is why I am wishing for this to be the next leak. I know it seems small and petty in relation to functional advancements, but the color degredation makes the letters and images blurry and hard to read. It is a big satisfier for the screens to move quickly and be clear so I can read them.
    I wonder how the performance will be if the color issue is fixed though.

03-03-09 08:05 PM
145 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD