What are you considering replacing in this build? Or, what in your opinion isn't up to par that older versions would be an upgrade for?
    MMS .86 version. Had a request for the bluetooth function from .75 but I have no idea if it is controlled by radio file or Java. Have yet to mess with bluetooth on the storm. This is just on a request basis as some people still prefer functionality from other builds.
    03-23-09 08:36 PM
    Seems pretty good so far, but 24hrs will tell. Apps open and close almost instantly. Camera is getting there, but still not awesome. I just wish it took good pictures.
    for real.. this phone never took pics like a 3.2..... i used to have the samsung a990 the first phone with the 3.2... and that beats the snot outta this phone.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 08:37 PM
    The reception is greatly improved for me.
    The camera seems much faster.
    Been running it for over one hour now.
    Overall I would recommend the update.

My 2 cents
    03-23-09 08:38 PM
    With this version, and all the hybrid versions, I get the stupid spinning blackberry (loading) clock more than I EVER did with .75. When the phone starts up, it's fine. But if I go look into my pictures, then come out, do some messaging, and use VZ Nav (which I use a lot), then exit out....then go BACK into pictures and try to click on one, the spinning clock comes up like 10 times, and it takes a very long time to open up a picture.

Then if if I go back into VZ Nav (which was previously completely closed), and use the 3D map view (which is normal), the clock ALWAYS comes up when I'm moving and the map is slightly reloading itself. Again, this never happened with .75. And this is all with memory hovering around 40mb... very frustrating. And very annoying using VZ Nav and having that clock pop up every 2 seconds. Anyone else experience anything like this? maybe VZ Nav is the culprit and really slowing the OS down in these newer releases, but i use it too much to delete.
    03-23-09 08:40 PM
    MMS .86 version. Had a request for the bluetooth function from .75 but I have no idea if it is controlled by radio file or Java. Have yet to mess with bluetooth on the storm. This is just on a request basis as some people still prefer functionality from other builds.
    Gotcha, so nothing major then. I could care less about the MMS forwarding, I rarely ever do it.

for real.. this phone never took pics like a 3.2..... i used to have the samsung a990 the first phone with the 3.2... and that beats the snot outta this phone.....

Are you kidding me?!? My storm takes AWESOME pictures. The flash and light adjustments leave a little to be desired, but under normal conditions my phone takes crystal clear pictures.
    03-23-09 08:42 PM
    With this version, and all the hybrid versions, I get the stupid spinning blackberry (loading) clock more than I EVER did with .75. When the phone starts up, it's fine. But if I go look into my pictures, then come out, do some messaging, and use VZ Nav (which I use a lot), then exit out....then go BACK into pictures and try to click on one, the spinning clock comes up like 10 times, and it takes a very long time to open up a picture.

Then if if I go back into VZ Nav (which was previously completely closed), and use the 3D map view (which is normal), the clock ALWAYS comes up when I'm moving and the map is slightly reloading itself. Again, this never happened with .75. And this is all with memory hovering around 40mb... very frustrating. And very annoying using VZ Nav and having that clock pop up every 2 seconds. Anyone else experience anything like this? maybe VZ Nav is the culprit and really slowing the OS down in these newer releases, but i use it too much to delete.

awww man dont tell me that... im loading it right now and the worst thing about this phone is that dam clock from h e double hockey sticks!

03-23-09 08:43 PM
    Gotcha, so nothing major then. I could care less about the MMS forwarding, I rarely ever do it.

Are you kidding me?!? My storm takes AWESOME pictures. The flash and light adjustments leave a little to be desired, but under normal conditions my phone takes crystal clear pictures.
    Yeah, definitely nothing major. Just some minor improvements so more people would be willing to enjoy what we already are.

PS: I started a thread for a possible hybrid. Just need some requests. If no one jumps in I will just work on my own personal hybrid and go from there.
    03-23-09 08:44 PM

yes... my samsung put this camerera to shame..... i have had 4 replacments.... but strangly never had one that was as good as my buddys... we took pics right next to each other and his was noticeably better.....

03-23-09 08:45 PM
    Not true. Tried all the hybrids out there and love this build more than them all. Working on a hybrid with this build right now.
    What is better on .113 than the Hybrid V2? Not seen a comparison between the two yet.
    03-23-09 08:47 PM
    Alright, screw it. I'm gonna install it. Sounds like it might be worth it, especially if its going to become the official soon.
    03-23-09 08:49 PM
    What is better on .113 than the Hybrid V2? Not seen a comparison between the two yet.
    Try it and you will see without question. Very snappy OS noticed right off the bat. Just look at the positives throughout the thread. I can't brag on this build enough. MMS can easily be solved if it is a requirement, along with some other issues. Basically, another hybrid just based on this build instead.
    Last edited by epphllps; 03-23-09 at 08:55 PM.
    03-23-09 08:50 PM
    I downloaded it and it was snappier was gonna keep it but when i went to make a call it had the headphones sign up and now volume. Tried a battery pull and didnt help. Loading .75 back up
    03-23-09 08:51 PM
    Try it and you will see without question. Very snappy OS noticed right off the bat. Just look at the positives throughout the thread. I can't brag on this build enough. MMS can easily be solved if it is a requirement.
    Right on, thanks! I guess I'll give it a shot for $hits and giggles. Let you know my finding in a bit.
    03-23-09 08:54 PM

Should have been more clear on my last post.
    I came from the .114 v2

The camera is faster
    The reception seems alot better
    Browsers lag is about the same
    The memory is improved, was at about 38 and at 44 now and have been for the last hour
    Have not tried MMS foward, but I rarley do this anyway

As with all of these, Time will tell.
    I dont care if it is official or not as long as it is a step forward.
    Hope this helps
    03-23-09 08:55 PM
    I've posted a "hybrid" with the files fixed, it should be a few threads down.
    Definitely liking .113 over .114 so far.
    03-23-09 08:56 PM
    Right on, thanks! I guess I'll give it a shot for $hits and giggles. Let you know my finding in a bit.
    Same as me, try it and decide for yourself. Hybrids will be popping up soon I'm sure.
    03-23-09 08:57 PM
    Seems like the only issue is the mms, probably better off using the .86 cod mms file and go from that.
    03-23-09 08:57 PM
    Ya know, I was at Verizon today looking at phones for my wife. I was playing with the storms they had which of course had .75. They were faster than I remember .75 being.
    Yes. .75 is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. About half of the leaks that come out are better but it's really not that bad, just slower mostly.
    03-23-09 08:59 PM
    Mine froze up a lot after the update but is now flying after some resets. So fast! My mms works just fine.

03-23-09 09:00 PM
    Where can you find this screen?
    03-23-09 09:00 PM
    Seems like the only issue is the mms, probably better off using the .86 cod mms file and go from that.
    Is anyone having any bluetooth issues with this build?
    03-23-09 09:03 PM
    whats wrong with mms mine works
    03-23-09 09:05 PM
    yea it IS the official.... just leaked before ota from verizon son

No it's not. the file name does not have .vzw appended to it and it still has the blank vendor.xml file so it is a leak. The same version MAY become official but this is NOT the official release.
    03-23-09 09:06 PM
    People have said MMS forwarding is still broken.
    03-23-09 09:07 PM
    When forwarding a picture from someone else, a grey box shows up.
    03-23-09 09:08 PM
1,157 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD