Have you done the torx fix for the screen click? If so, try tightening the left screw a little and do a battery pull.
    guilty as charged. Tried to re-tighten but it appears I have to sacrifice one for the other. I send and receive phone calls just fine, as well as email, text, etc. If the sim isnt registering (according to the bb) but everything works, is there something I'm missing that may be an underlying issue? if not, then i see no big issue.
    03-29-09 01:51 PM
    I clearly don't have ancient firmwear I have v4.7.0.78 [plat4.0.0.98] I can't find anything newer am I right? Why no WiFi though, if you travel it's needed and free.
    9530 doesn't have WIFI.
    03-29-09 03:24 PM
    I clearly don't have ancient firmwear I have v4.7.0.78 [plat4.0.0.98] I can't find anything newer am I right? Why no WiFi though, if you travel it's needed and free.
    Yes, WiFi is the dream. Maybe some day. That's up to the Carriers. But, apparently the most recent official OS for 9500 is 113. I'm a newb, so I can't post links yet, but google this: "Grab The Official 4.6.0.113 For BlackBerry Storm (9500 Only)". You should find a Crackberry site with the OS you can download and a link to this: "blackberry 101: how to install or upgrade" which will guide you through the process. Good luck!
    03-29-09 04:39 PM
    I gotta say this. 113 was my first upgrade from .75. I was waiting for Verizon to release an update but couldnt stand how bad my storm was. I decided to go with 113. From my perspective ... it's a WOW! I fell like i got myself a new phone. Everything is so much faster. Calling, pictures, accelerometer. It still freezes from time to time but its nothing compared to .75. I dont understand why the carrier doesnt want to let users have it officially.
    03-29-09 06:04 PM
    my wallpaper is gone to just being black!! I have rebooted and changed themes and the theme background is there then turns black and I save a photo to be background and that dosent change a thing. Has anyone else had this issue and if they have did the get it corrected and how?
    03-29-09 06:53 PM
    I have had some problems with the microSD card but other than that .113 has seem to be the best OS in my opinion so far.
    03-29-09 07:02 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, re-installing .114 w/ Hybrid v2 like the instructions suggest fixed the problem. -Pat
    03-29-09 07:40 PM
    I like most of .113 but several issues bug me. I came from .86 which worked fairly well for me. What I find is that...

- Accelerometer slower (freezes)
    - memory never above 29mb (even after a battery pull)
    - transitioning between apps is at random speed
    - locking/unlocking random as well (sometimes fast other times slow)
    - waiting clock appears far too often, periodic freezing
    - scrolling is smoother
    - longer battery
    - no reboots or errors

After several hours of heavy use (google maps/viigo/browser) I am getting the waiting clock between every function on the phone (even when zooming in maps).

I might have to do a clean install and see if things change. Going from .75 to .86 was fine without a clean install so figured this should work too.
    03-29-09 08:57 PM
    So, I put 109 back on after having major battery issues after putting 113 on. The battery life is back to pretty much normal. I took it off the charger this morning and made numerous calls and some weatherbug and video camera and I am at 55% now. 12 hours and 1/2 charge? is that good?

How do you do a clean install?
    03-29-09 09:42 PM
    i get the waiting clock FAR too much in .113. Especially if I use VZ NAV at all. can't stand the stupid spinning clock. never got it this much in .75. going back and i'll wait it out till we get an official.
    03-29-09 09:48 PM
    .113 is running better for me. I LOVE the portrait keyboard and the little box that now shows up when i click text. makes it easier to get to the words i need to fix.

i would really like to see the side-by-comparison between .113 and the v3 hybrid. I'm tempted to download, but would like more feedback before I do.....
    03-29-09 10:16 PM
    i think 109 was decent but 113 still seems junky to me, but it could just be me
    03-29-09 10:42 PM
    help!!..i installed 113 and i dont know where my bbm is how do i get it back??

---disregard realized i had to do it thru dm and apploader
    Last edited by curtcrack88; 03-29-09 at 11:20 PM. Reason: found my answer
    03-29-09 10:55 PM
    I have just upgraded from the oldest BB in the world to the Storm. i have got over the fingernail issue - no I didn't cut them off! - and now want to learn. I have been browsing here for three days now and have questions which I realize are very basic for you guys:
    What is a battery pull? Why and when would I do it?
    I have 4.0.0.98, [I am on Voda carrier in the UK.] Browser is grim and screen/transitions slow, should I change this and how?
    Grateful to hear from anyone kind and patient enough to help me.
    something that helped speed up the 9530 browser was going to OPTIONS, MOBILE NETWORK and switching the Network Technology from "Global" to the specific type of network the carrier has (1xEv for Verizon). Perhaps the 9500 has something comparable?
    03-29-09 11:17 PM
    i think 109 was decent but 113 still seems junky to me, but it could just be me

I have to agree...109 seemed better...113 is faster
    But, not by much
    03-30-09 09:19 AM
    I was on .75 up until Saturday. This is my FIRST BETA upgrade to .113. So far no problems had one reboot in the first hour but since battery pull been good. its way faster than .75 even though i had no freezes or reboots with 75. Everything is faster, typing, menu's etc. Love the portrait full keyboard instead of sure type. I may just keep this one until official comes out. I don't like to do that upgrading often. I see what that mean by the color depth but its not that bad, i can deal with it for the speed, maybe they will fix it in the official. I haven't noticed a big change in the signal. So far all the calls i have made are fine. I guess it depends on the device because 75 ran fine on mine.
    03-30-09 10:28 AM
    Anyone having issues with Quickpull and 113? I keep getting application error when I try to do a quickpull. I had this problem with .109 too, but changing the app permissions fixed that. Not this time.

thx
    03-30-09 11:44 AM
    So I did a total wipe of the device software and installed .113 again and only restored the addressbook and necessary software. No added apps and my god is it working better battery wise. It has been off the charger since 6am local and it is 4pm now and it is at 90% charge with multiple calls and emails all day. YEYYYY!!!
    03-30-09 03:08 PM
    Did a wipe and reload of 113 and I am still seeing my BB lock up when I get SMS or BBM messages. Not every time but at least once every 30 min. It just stays on a dark screen then finally reboots itself. I've done several battery pulls as well as removing all applications and still see the same problem.

Aside from that when it's up it's great.
    03-31-09 09:35 AM
    Upgrading from .75 to .113. This was my first ever upgrade and I followed the instructions posted here. During the download process from PC to Storm, I got a pop-up window on my Windows desktop. The header stated "Windows-No Disk" and the body of the message started with "Exception Processing Message" followed with some hex addresses. The download seemed to hang while the pop-up window was displayed. There was a Cancel and Continue button and, after searching this thread and not finding anything, I pressed the Continue button. Installation then continued and it seems to have completed satisfactorily as the Storm runs fine and has the new 113 firmware.

I'm posting this in case anyone else has this problem and does a search.

Radu
    03-31-09 10:55 AM
    I just wish Verizon would hurry up. I really don't understand what is taking them so long. I am starting to wonder if they are really all that concerned about it. I am tempted to try one of these leaked versions but worry about something going wrong. I am currently running Verizon's last update of .75. Overall I have been happy with it, but really want an update.
    03-31-09 02:33 PM
    I just wish Verizon would hurry up. I really don't understand what is taking them so long. I am starting to wonder if they are really all that concerned about it. I am tempted to try one of these leaked versions but worry about something going wrong. I am currently running Verizon's last update of .75. Overall I have been happy with it, but really want an update.
    I was the same way. I saw a post about someone replacing their storm for free since it had dust underneath the screen. I have the same problem so I called and they are sending a new "shell" out. So I was like f*** it I'll try using a leaked OS for the first time. The process was ridiculously simple and easy and the little improvements really make you feel better about your phone.
    Even though its all speculation I asked my verizon rep about when the official one was coming out and he said later this month. So who the **** knows anymore but at least it's coming soon. Bottom line though is if you can't wait, don't be scared to upgrade as it will be well worth it.
    03-31-09 02:43 PM
    Went to take a photo and the device crashed. Afer a few minutes it came back up and is operating ok.
    03-31-09 03:07 PM
    Ok... got a problem after the update... I lost my internet browser capabilities... it says I am "missing Browser Configuration Service Book entries" Any help?
    03-31-09 03:53 PM
    nevermind... just solve the problem... I had to redo my Host Routing Table.... It's all good
    03-31-09 04:00 PM
1,157 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD