05-21-09 05:10 PM
1,157 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    I am having a problem with .113. My led alerts worked for a day and now all of the sudden all alerts don't work. I have bb alerts installed and it worked just fine then it stopped working.I tried a battery pull and still nothing. I uninstalled bb alerts did a battery pull nd still nothing. Now the original led as well as bb alerts don't work. I had this problem with the hybrid as well. It works just fine on .109 does anyone know of a fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 08:15 PM
    Has anyone with T-Mobile, fixed the EDGE to edge drop crap yet?
    03-25-09 08:18 PM
    douglas thank you so much. It worked lieka charm it took a bit to get it going. Thanks for the information you are a life saver I have been dying since I updated to 114 will post my results with 113. I've had a lot of negative from others that have had phone or who have other phones. I love it I'm one of those that loves gadgets and so far my phone has freed me from my office hours so it's been awsome.
    03-25-09 08:19 PM
    I am having a problem with .113. My led alerts worked for a day and now all of the sudden all alerts don't work. I have bb alerts installed and it worked just fine then it stopped working.I tried a battery pull and still nothing. I uninstalled bb alerts did a battery pull and still nothing. Now the original led as well as bb alerts don't work. I had this problem with the hybrid as well. It works just fine on .109 does anyone know of a fix.

Try reactivating your bb alerts app with the code. I noticed I had to reactivate my apps after downloading 113. You could also try re downloading the app!

Hope this helps
    Last edited by ms charli; 03-25-09 at 08:24 PM.
    03-25-09 08:21 PM
    any ideas on how to reverse emails? my new emails are coming in at the bottom on .113
    03-25-09 08:29 PM
    im getting notices that i have text messages and emails but when i click to check the messages it shows nothing . . i have appleberry theme installed so it shows the preview of the new texts but when i go into it it shows nothing. i tried battery pulls and restores but nothing .. any ideas?? im dieing here without my texts
    03-25-09 08:45 PM
    The where app does hang. I see in the event log an unhandled exception

Name: NullPointerException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time: Mar 25, 2009 17:07:50
    No detail message
    net_rim_cldc
    String
    <init>
    0xA5F0
    Where-5
    Where_Main
    <private>
    0x1FAA
    Where-5
    Where_Main
    <init>
    0x2268
    Where-5
    Where_Main
    main
    0x2284

Is there a place to report such things?
    03-25-09 08:45 PM
    ok the things i noticed

camera faster and better looking
    no lag on typing
    getting email txt mms faster
    copy and paste works better
    no mem leak
    applications work alot better and smoother
    changing from portat to landscape much quicker

please be easy on me this is my first post about this never did a unoffical os upgrade before it was easy and i love it
    03-25-09 08:52 PM
    im getting notices that i have text messages and emails but when i click to check the messages it shows nothing . . i have appleberry theme installed so it shows the preview of the new texts but when i go into it it shows nothing. i tried battery pulls and restores but nothing .. any ideas?? im dieing here without my texts
    did you hide the icon called "messages"? if you did click BB button while in the menu and then click on show all. when you do that click on the "messages" icon and i can almost guarantee you there will be unread messages. try that and lets see if it fixes your issue.
    03-25-09 09:08 PM
    ok im a moron ... i set the date to 2 days earlier when i RUSHED through the setup wizard so my messages were goin to monday march 23 ...stupid sorry im a newbie at this OS stuff
    03-25-09 09:12 PM
    The author stated that the mms/sms icon should be separate by default..if necessary goto options and make sure they are.
    03-25-09 09:15 PM
    Working great so far the Memory is amazing
    03-25-09 09:17 PM
    the only thing that has been a consistant issue and an annoying one since .103 or .109 is the battery life is terrible. terrible. terrible. full battery in the morning. (by morning i mean noon) and by 6:00 it's dead. and i'm not talking strenuous activities here, we're talking a few texts, few emails, nothing horrendous on it and hardly any phone calls

that's my only gripe. anyone else having this problem with the last few releases?
    03-25-09 09:26 PM
    Well I went back to Cracks Hybrid V2, .113 just wasn't cutting it for me. Anyone that is having any issues I would recommend his Hybrid, been the best thing I have used thus far, and I have had them all!
    03-25-09 09:28 PM
    I noticed now that when I lay my phone flat (if in portrait mode) it actually stays in portrait mode. It use to turn to landscape. The battery is decent, but not great. I think 99 was the best battery. Speed is better throughout the entire build and typing is finally where it should be and for people on the 109 fence, it is better. I never tried 114.
    03-25-09 09:39 PM
    I haven't had ANY issues... the only difference I noticed at all (aside from being quicker in many aspects) is I lost the ability to assign one of my Convenience buttons to Call Log... No noticable power drain, perhaps the battery meter is more accurate, or the GPS options were turned back on.

I would guess many of you have too many tweaks, or apps. loaded. I only have the stock programs + Google Maps. I know... I'm a light weight.

Edit: one other thing did happen... my background pic was wrapped around up and down.
    Last edited by MountianLion; 03-25-09 at 09:48 PM.
    03-25-09 09:45 PM
    I noticed now that when I lay my phone flat (if in portrait mode) it actually stays in portrait mode. It use to turn to landscape. The battery is decent, but not great. I think 99 was the best battery. Speed is better throughout the entire build and typing is finally where it should be and for people on the 109 fence, it is better. I never tried 114.
    I would agree. Used several versions and was on the fence while using 109. I am happy about the 113 change and the Mem-leak i had seems to be gone now. Battery life is good thus far and speed is good as well. There must have been a radio change because now in my house I see 1XEV change to 1xev a lot. I didnt look at the radio on 109 so not sure if in fact it was a change. However 113 seems to be holding as good as 109 less the mem-leak. Thats my vote
    03-25-09 09:50 PM
    preety good. had several reboots using video camera.
    03-25-09 09:53 PM
    So I'm running .114, but from what I'm reading I'm thinking about goin for .113. I dl'd it and everything but when I try to load it up I check the box for .113 and it says no update is needed and it leaves my os at .114. What should I be doing?
    03-25-09 10:13 PM
    Went to .113 from .103 and find little improvement. The editing and memory are better. Other than that pretty much the same. I would like to have the color issue resolved..May go back to .103..Very stable for me.
    03-25-09 10:22 PM
    This is my favorite OS so far. The battery life is great. The memory leak is significantly improved from previous versions and theoverall performance is much sturdier and morestable than 114

03-25-09 11:04 PM
    I've just upgraded to .113. This is my first update. So far everything seems to run MUCH better. Soooo much easier to scroll up and and down and select items. Internet definately is quicker. I'm going to do a battery pull and check it in the morning.....was running around 32mb right after install...now running 44mb after quick pull. I normally run starting at 40mb........so far I'm pretty happy with this.
    Last edited by DanD2; 03-25-09 at 11:43 PM.
    03-25-09 11:37 PM
    twitterberry is not working on this OS!!!
    03-26-09 12:26 AM
    is it just me or does data sick with this OS? Slacker is extremely slow at loading songs lately or is that just slacker server itself? It took forever for the song to load and wyen it loaded the song would only play twenty seconds because that is the only amount that was buffered. Also sometimes web pages just keep loading on the requesting part it just keeps loading on requesting but never gets anywhere it has been very frustrating and this is day five of .113 will it get worse? The OS I like above all the others but am I the only one with these problems?

03-26-09 12:32 AM
    I like this OS, but my battery life sucks (about 8 hours without using the internet or any other apps). My battery life was always good with .99 and earlier, but with the newer ones it sucks. Even with the same apps, if I go back to .99 it is good again.
    03-26-09 12:48 AM
1,157 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD