should i do a wipe before going from .109 - .113 is that really necessary?
    03-25-09 02:39 PM
    I downloaded 113 last night. However, i can not use my green phone button. I get no reaction. Has anybody had this problem? Is there any way to fix it?
    03-25-09 02:47 PM
    i would try to downgrade to make sure it isn't simply a coincidental hardware problem, i've had my storm replaced for that very issue.
    03-25-09 02:49 PM
    My green call button works fine. Maybe a hardware issue? Go back to your previous build, see if if works, if not you should be able to exchange your hardware.

I did a wipe before installing .113

Had over 54 MB of memory after install. Then I realized it's a pretty bare bones install: No BB Messenger, No BB Maps, No Birckbreaker or Word Mole.... Also no stupid links to download flickr and every IM application know to man. After reinstalling all that stuff I am in the high 30's after BP and drop down to about 25 after heavy use (lots of 3rd party apps, themese etc....).

I had a few glitches when I first intalled .113 over hybrid v2

Since I wiped and reinstalled no glitches. Sometimes it runs incredible, other times it gets a bit clunky...but when it's running good it is outstanding.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 03-25-09 at 02:56 PM.
    03-25-09 02:50 PM
    Hovering feature works in text messages but does not work in in the URL box when browsing. I tried changing the hovering period but that doesn't help. Any suggestions?
    03-25-09 02:51 PM
    I just upgraded from .75 to .113. First time installing a beta OS. It went surprisingly smooth. Did not need to delete xml file or resend service books. A major difference I am noting with .113 is that the quality of pictures and video are poorer when compared to 0.75. Anybody else have that problem????????
    Last edited by onyxflava; 03-25-09 at 02:56 PM. Reason: forget question marks
    03-25-09 02:55 PM
    should i do a wipe before going from .109 - .113 is that really necessary?
    Wipes are overrated, and should only be used if all else fails.
    03-25-09 02:56 PM
    Much better then the .114 hybrid i was using accelerometer is faster... camera much faster... memory leak is prob app related... everything seems to be running just as fast as the initial battery pull and its around 29MB from the initial 44MB... very happy with it so far
    03-25-09 03:00 PM
    This Os is like LaDainian Tomlinson on roids
    What do you mean? Like its lost a step or two but now trying to get back up to speed artificially, only to be brought down in a future scandal??
    03-25-09 03:08 PM
    Anyone having problems downloading Google Maps? I get java.io.IOException: Resource could not be found htt*://m.google.com/gmm/apps/v3.0.2/L1/BlackBerry-47/GoogleMaps.cod: 400 - null

I've tried with both the Blackberry Browser and the Internet Browser with the same result.
    03-25-09 03:08 PM
    OK... that didn't work... I lost my background and ringtones set to default. And there is all sorts of duplicate entries now. I am gonna try to do a wipe then a reload.
    What I do when I have this problem is do a Backup/Restore and follow it up by a Sync with address book and calendar. Just make sure you have replace data on target device (or something like that) checked. I'd walk you through it with more detail, but unfortunately I'm at work and don't have access to DM. I will be DL'ing and installing .113 in a few hours, so I'll probably go throught the same thing.
    03-25-09 03:10 PM
    Ran .109 for several weeks, so far .113 typing does seem to be a little faster, but still seems to lag like .109 and the rest of them.

Accl. seems a little bit quicker, apps seem to run about the same for me as does the browser but I do not use the browser too often.

Overall, happy with the move. Have tried several including Hybrids, .109 seemed to be the best so far for my phone but I will stick with .113 until it starts acting goofy or something better comes along.
    03-25-09 03:16 PM
    Ok first time posting here:

I am upgrading from .103

Pros:
    It is faster, a lot faster.
    Camera is quick
    Rotating is quick
    Typing lag is now minimal

Cons:
    My Battery is draining like crazy
    My Where application freezes me phone and I have to reboot everytime

Thats really all I have to report at the time
    03-25-09 03:29 PM
    Upgraded yesterday. Mine is holding memory really well. Starts around 43 on a fresh start, and its stable around 37 after 24 hours. Liking it so far.
    03-25-09 03:40 PM
    Ok first time posting here:

I am upgrading from .103

Pros:
    It is faster, a lot faster.
    Camera is quick
    Rotating is quick
    Typing lag is now minimal

Cons:
    My Battery is draining like crazy
    My Where application freezes me phone and I have to reboot everytime

Thats really all I have to report at the time
    You may have some programs searching for a location or signal. Example: Weatherbug. Launch it and give it your zip code.
    03-25-09 03:43 PM
    Anyone having problems downloading Google Maps? I get java.io.IOException: Resource could not be found htt*://m.google.com/gmm/apps/v3.0.2/L1/BlackBerry-47/GoogleMaps.cod: 400 - null

I've tried with both the Blackberry Browser and the Internet Browser with the same result.

I think you'll have better success by trying m.google.com from your device. If that doesn't work, try on you computer. I think you'll reach a place that allows you to have the link sent direct to your device.
    Last edited by toytooii; 03-25-09 at 05:02 PM.
    03-25-09 04:50 PM
    Hey folks, I updated from the .75 to the .109 a while back and noticed that while it is a much improved OS, there was one annoying problem; I could not open a video link without first saving it to my device. For example, if you use the application POYNT, there's a nifty little way you can watch movie trailers right from the application, but I get a load error about 3 seconds into the trailer. The only way on .109 that I've been able to get around this is by dowloading the movie file.

Does anyone know if this is fixed on .113 or how to fix it on the .109? I imagine it has somethign to do with freed up temporary memory...

Thought would be much appreciated!
    03-25-09 04:57 PM

Just installed via m.google...no problems here
    03-25-09 05:23 PM
    Ok , so I might be pretty new and lame to this, but I installed the new OS and it was working great, but sucking my battery. I didn't have a charger on me and my phone went dead after about 4 hours. Now I can't get it turned back on. I have been charging it and pressed the power button, held the power button, but I'm not getting any response. Just the screen lights up sometimes and shows the battery with a bolt through it. Am I an Idiot? How do I fix this and is anyone else having this kind of battery life issue?
    03-25-09 05:29 PM
    .113 is off the wall littel slow at first. did batt pull works like a charm. those on the first vzw release they need to up grade hands down. it like day and night
    03-25-09 05:32 PM
    .113 has been great so far, only real issue is mem.leak, im about 4mb since i did a battery pull yesterday. Im hoping with time the mem.leak wont be so bad. Regardless with the mem.leak my storm is running smoothly, and runs quick.

***Reminder***

For those who are having battery issues, just like it was mention above me, make sure if your using weather bug or weather net you set the location if not they keep searching for a location which just kills your battery.
    03-25-09 05:34 PM
    Ok , so I might be pretty new and lame to this, but I installed the new OS and it was working great, but sucking my battery. I didn't have a charger on me and my phone went dead after about 4 hours. Now I can't get it turned back on. I have been charging it and pressed the power button, held the power button, but I'm not getting any response. Just the screen lights up sometimes and shows the battery with a bolt through it. Am I an Idiot? How do I fix this and is anyone else having this kind of battery life issue?
    You need to let it charge longer. If I'm not mistaken, once the battery goes completely dead, it will not let you turn it one until it has reached a minimum of 5% charged. Generally about 30 minutes worth of charging, unless you are charging via USB, which will take longer.
    03-25-09 05:37 PM
    This is not a good release. I always update my OS's just to get away from the previous ones and again, like all others, .113 isn't good.
    -laggy typing
    -very low memory
    -poor accelerometer
    -choppy transitions

personally .109 has been the best yet, i would stick with that if you can.
    03-25-09 05:41 PM
    i don't understand how everyone can have such different results with this OS...coming from .109 i've noticed unlocking is a tad bit faster, typing lag is very minimal, content protection when locking the phone is much faster and i've noticed smooth transitions and memory is steady at 32 running .113 since it came out
    03-25-09 05:52 PM
    I'm having problems with the new text selection. I just have to click somewhere to edit and i'm supposed to get the "positioner" or whatever you call it. It's not working for me......
    03-25-09 05:52 PM
1,157 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD