05-21-09 05:10 PM
1,157 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    For all tmobile storm owners, did they fix EDGE/edge problem?
    03-25-09 12:38 PM
    Hate to be a bother but it looks like its reset again after receiving another email, this makes it the 3rd time it's happened. This doesn't seem to be working out for me yet..
    03-25-09 12:39 PM
    That would be nice.. but... just the date 4/1, kind of makes me suspicious. April fool's day? Hmmm
    I'm sincerely hoping that RIM was fooling all of us...including Apple...with these incremental non-updates. I'm hoping for a killer official release on April 1st that blows away the iphone and all of these betas. They can't seriously have had all this time and just added a fancy outline to the copy paste cursor. I mean come on. I got this phone because I truly believe it is the true iphone killer...or at least much better competition than anything else out there.

I don't have any thoughts yet on .113 since I haven't loaded it. I'm thinking ill wait til the 1st and see if anything official drops.
    03-25-09 12:41 PM
    Can someone please help me. I'm having a hard time describing whats occurring so I will try my best, bare with me. You know when you press and hold the menu button the mini screen pops up with all the applications your currently running is shown. Well this pops up almost every time I press the menu button. Sometimes it takes me 3-4 times to press the menu button then go back clear the screen that shows the apps running to actually get to the right menu. I started noticing when I upgraded from .75 > to .109 and its still occurring in .113. Can anyone help me?
    03-25-09 12:42 PM
    .113 is awesome in every aspect for me except the mms issue. can somebody please explain how to fix it?
    03-25-09 12:43 PM
    Kace- did you try clearing your messages and turning your profile to phone calls only- that trick works on .109

It lowers it to alert you you have a message.
    I'll have to give it a try. I did forget to mention that I did change it to vibrate only. Thanks!!!
    03-25-09 12:44 PM
    I'm see alot of pros and cons on this os.113. Now im not sure if I sould download it. Can I restore my old one of this it does not work?
    03-25-09 12:45 PM
    I just installed the .113 new software and for some reason when i go to make or answer a call there is no sound at all and it says i am on speaker and will not let me change back to headset, i tried calling from a friends phone to mine but you cannot hear anything on either side from the storm, please let me know if someone can help me out with this issue, thanks.
    03-25-09 12:47 PM
    Every time I do a battery pull, usually quickpull, when the phone reboots I get a message saying a SIM card has been inserted and if I want to automatically detect the network.

This didn't use to happen and I believe it only asked me one time with .114 hybrids.

Is there a way to stop this? Is it just q quirk in the OS?

Other thing is I have notice the keyboard doesn't automatically pop up and I have to use menu->show keyboard much more frequently.
    03-25-09 01:00 PM
    I've stuck w/ official OSs since picking my Storm up on the day it launched. I've been very happy (cf my HTC touch and various PPCs and Palms). Keep the memory above 5meg and it works very well.

This install was easy - after I figured out how to reinstall Vista's device manager driver for Blackberry. (Had to do that because after running the OS exe blackberry desktop manager wouldn't connect w/ Storm)

Currently seeing a very stable OS (no crashes in 24h).
    • Snappy program launch/screen browsing
    • Screen orientation switches faster on rotate
    • about 15-20mb more memory than prior
    • an interesting "cleaning up memory. please wait" popup 1st time I locked screen
    • new suretype keyboard with jaggy keycap resolution
    • new keyboard doesn't seem to stretch and distort as the prior one did
    • fast typing. ?faster?
    • excellent new editing box for correcting text!!
    • no change in voice quality. still just fine per my 1 test.
    • camera shutter is near instantaneous on click. Now that's a huge improvement.

For other upgrade novices like me, I can say this went really smoothly and I won't be afraid to do it again!
    Last edited by Stephen Smith; 03-25-09 at 02:24 PM. Reason: updated
    03-25-09 01:06 PM
    Camera. Best out of all the OS's I've seen, though admittedly I've only seen .75, .103., .109, and .114 Hybrid. This is the best one.
    03-25-09 01:07 PM
    Can someone please help me. I'm having a hard time describing whats occurring so I will try my best, bare with me. You know when you press and hold the menu button the mini screen pops up with all the applications your currently running is shown. Well this pops up almost every time I press the menu button. Sometimes it takes me 3-4 times to press the menu button then go back clear the screen that shows the apps running to actually get to the right menu. I started noticing when I upgraded from .75 > to .109 and its still occurring in .113. Can anyone help me?
    Try going into settings> keyboard and modifying the key rate (or something like that)...I believe that this controls the length of time that determines the difference between a "click" and a sustained hold...I had this same issue with the MP# player being confused between turning the volume up and skipping to the next song...
    03-25-09 01:08 PM
    Try going into Settings - Screen/Keyboard and setting your Key Rate to 'Normal' or 'Medium Slow'. I'm guessing it's set to 'Fast'.
    03-25-09 01:10 PM
    The only issue I am having with .113 is that it shows that I have a voicemail even after I deleted the voicemail. any suggestions to resolve this ?
    03-25-09 01:12 PM
    Okay, I did the unoffical .109 because my verizon guy said that it was the best and easiest to install. I did and it worked okay. I took a chance with .114 and am so glad I did. Easy to install, and Knock On Wood, is fast, clean and smooth. No issues... Thanks.
    03-25-09 01:20 PM
    Every time I do a battery pull, usually quickpull, when the phone reboots I get a message saying a SIM card has been inserted and if I want to automatically detect the network.

This didn't use to happen and I believe it only asked me one time with .114 hybrids.

Is there a way to stop this? Is it just q quirk in the OS?

Other thing is I have notice the keyboard doesn't automatically pop up and I have to use menu->show keyboard much more frequently.
    Just slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen and it'll pull your keyboard up. Much easier/faster than doing the menu>Show Keyboard route.
    03-25-09 01:20 PM
    Update: Sweet. It worked with the wipe, reload backup, wipe, battery pull, stand on head while drinking a glass of water, and reload backup. Everything is where it should be. And I usually think that most of the "this update is so great cuz it is" is crap but it does appear to be a bit quicker... less lagging around. But whatever. I am just glad I don't have to re-enter or edit a bunch of stuff.
    03-25-09 01:34 PM
    Well as of right now after about 15 hours of testing here is my findings
    The new os is quick in every aspect and is also very smooth. Typing on the browser is way smoother. The browser itself is a lot faster. As a matter of fact this is the first time I could view the crackberry website w/o getting a page load error. My memory after battery pull is in the high 40s but goes down to mid 30s after using it for a extended period. Phone reception is a little better.all and all I am quite pleased with the new os. But there is one flaw. If I try to mms a picture that was not taken with my phone it shows up as a solid colored placard. But I don't use mms so I don't care. Oh and woot woot for this being my first post with my bb
    03-25-09 01:36 PM
    i loaded it up last night before i left work (i own the business, so it's all good. LOL). i had a little lag when texting. Did a couple of BP's. Didnt seem to help. Today i came in and reinstalled 4.7 core apps, and it seems to run fine. A buddy of mine installed it today and he's madly in love with it.
    03-25-09 01:40 PM
    i do find that texting/typing seems much easier and more responsive, in that it seems to recognize where my fingers are trying to go as opposed to prior OS's.
    03-25-09 01:41 PM
    I am enjoying .113 so far, haven't really had any problems what so ever but the Typing lag seems to come back more and more every day, but then again I haven't JL Wiped since like .103 so that could be contributing?

Oh well I can live with it for now until we get more information on another update/app world.
    03-25-09 01:43 PM
    well upgraded from the .75 this morning. So far I have noticed a definite decrease in lag, and a faster browser. I have noticed when I lock the keyboard the screen seems to take a minute to come back when i unlock it. Other than that I have had no issues and am very happy that I bit the bullet and installed the new OS.
    03-25-09 01:44 PM
    The only issue I am having with .113 is that it shows that I have a voicemail even after I deleted the voicemail. any suggestions to resolve this ?
    Battry pull is always the first step.. if thats a no go..Call Verizon. Its a quick deal...they just need to reset the MWI.
    03-25-09 01:46 PM
    So does everyone get the "SIM card inserted would you like to automatically detect" message after every battery pull or is it just me?

Just annoying to be prompted to have click "No" after every battery pull especially finding that message every morning after quickpull's scheduled daily restart.
    03-25-09 01:51 PM
    Youmail and VyMail
    03-25-09 01:53 PM
1,157 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD