05-21-09 05:10 PM
1,157 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    This is definatly a nice build. Seems just as quick and all the features are there like in .114 hybrid. But Im going back to that. The MMS issue is still there and I dont see Verizon Releasing something "official" with that issue on some peoples Storms happening. .75 was released and didnt have an MMS issue with EVERYONES Storm. So it would only be right to release a version like that with them. Just my 0.02 cents.
    03-23-09 10:57 PM
    So, I downloaded as usual and now I am stuck. My BB keeps giving me this fatal error on start-up, some icons work, some don't, I can't add a new folder (in an attempt to fix up the icons), and it won't connect to my BB DLM (keeps saying "unable to connect"). I think I need help. Several battery pulls have not worked. I also tried re-installing .113, but same issues. Any ideas?
    03-23-09 11:01 PM
    This is definatly a nice build. Seems just as quick and all the features are there like in .114 hybrid. But Im going back to that. The MMS issue is still there and I dont see Verizon Releasing something "official" with that issue on some peoples Storms happening. .75 was released and didnt have an MMS issue with EVERYONES Storm. So it would only be right to release a version like that with them. Just my 0.02 cents.
    I agree; it's very obvious that this build is not an official. MMS, color banding, whatever else we may find. An official release will most certainly have these issues covered.

Just hit post #100 Abuser status! YES!
    03-23-09 11:02 PM
    Seems pretty much the same as the Hybrid V2 IMO. Didn't see any improvement in app memory either....actually a bit lower. Too early to comment on battery. Screen transitions seem about the same maybe a little faster. Not much of a difference in camera between hybrid and .113. I'll run .113 for a couple of days and see if it improves in any way. Not disappointed but not all that impressed either (when comparing to the hybrids). However, it the best non-hybrid build to date. I'm anxious to see what hybrids are built from this. Any way to fix color issue?
    I bought this thing January 2nd and immediatly fried my first one. After I got my 2nd one I stayed on 75 for the longest time. i finally updated to 109 about a month ago and couldnt have been happier with the phone. It scrolled nice, the accelerometer was fast, the browser was faster. I now had a reason to keep this phone. More leaked/hybrid os's came out but I was content. Then today I see this. So I figured what the ****. I must say, everything 109 improved on from 75, 113 imroves on 109. Its faster yet, sound quality is better, scrolling is fantastic. I wont comment on memory leak being that Im not quite there yet. So sit back, relax and do the update. Oh yea.....No there isnt wi-fi. No there isnt flick scrolling. But for all you guys that keep posting there is...keep it up...I laugh every time I see the replies
    I agreed.... mms is still there, might reload it with .86mms now
    03-23-09 11:07 PM
    on your 113 are you gettin platform 144 or higher?
    im showing platform 144 as well...i thought it was suppose to be 161?
    03-23-09 11:09 PM
    Technically, you are fixing it. The phones been broke since .65.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ha ah tru story
    03-23-09 11:09 PM
    im showing platform 144 as well...i thought it was suppose to be 161?
    platform still is 144, isn't it the rel. that is 161 instead of 160
    03-23-09 11:11 PM
    Hows everyone gaining so much memory with this build? I haven't noticed a difference...maybe a bit lower.

Update: Memory has dropped 3.2mb since download 30 mins ago. Sitting at 38mb
    Last edited by Pholey22; 03-23-09 at 11:15 PM.
    03-23-09 11:13 PM
    Hows everyone gaining so much memory with this build? I haven't noticed a difference...maybe a bit lower.
    I had to play with my apps to solve my memory issue. Deleted google maps/reinstalled weatherbug and I have held very steady for the last cpl of hours. I wouldn't say more memory, but no memory leak so far.
    03-23-09 11:15 PM
    New incoming call screen!

03-23-09 11:16 PM

wth?! My screen didn't look like that when I got a call... lol
    03-23-09 11:18 PM

i hope not lol
    03-23-09 11:19 PM
    i hope not lol
    Must be messing with us. My call screen is the same.
    03-23-09 11:20 PM
    I am currently wiping my device and getting it ready for the install. I have noticed something pretty major already though... Before using crackmem on the new OS, I noticed there were only 400 some odd files in the Java folder... This is REALLY low compared to past OSes... After Crackmem there is only 384 files (also deleted setupwizard)

Cant wait for the install... (gonna go ahead and replace mms.cod)
    Anybody been running this long enough to comment on battery?
    i also dont have that when i get a call haha i guess you got lucky...or unlucky depending on how you view it
    03-23-09 11:22 PM
    dont forget the "improved" cut and paste
    I say "improved" because I've just noticed it.
    Select text, then put your finger somewhere else it brings up the little box so you can drag more text
    Actually, there is a much easier way to activate the copy and paste function, simply place two fingers on the screen. The box appears and you can move it wherever you'd like
    03-23-09 11:22 PM
    guess its time to experiment with this 9530/113 since mms is no go on this. going to try .90CDMA and .86MMS and 9530/113 make a little hybrid and bring back the large KEy pad fonts
    03-23-09 11:23 PM
    I can't backup my 3rd party apps anymore. Yes, I know how to do it and have done it over and over with not a single failure. I can't even get a folder with my pin anymore although it supposedly goes through the entire process until the cancel/next option. Anyone else having this problem?
    03-23-09 11:23 PM
    Ok i did the new OS and i lost all my contacts any ideas...
    03-23-09 11:29 PM
    I agreed.... mms is still there, might reload it with .86mms now
    that is what i just did. i don't really use mms but i minus will just fix it.

on another note. with this color banding and mms issue like the other people say i don't think they will be releasing this as an official. For those who never see color banding issue. go to options >Adv. Options >accessibility> Grid layout and change it to 1x1. you'll notice it. lol it's not rings anymore it's like spots ( be prepared for slow transitions as it takes the phone a longer time to load up the bigger size "on-screen buttons") lol
    03-23-09 11:29 PM
    Do a search on restoring backup.
    03-23-09 11:30 PM
    did you back up said contacts?
    03-23-09 11:30 PM
1,157 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD