Mine is working great and I am loving it
    04-08-09 11:58 PM
    Good stuff, seems to run alot faster on MOST things.

Camera is 90% faster, acceler is much better. activated on BES no problem. Might just be me but browser seems faster, typing is a VAST improvment over .75

View pictures seems to be MUCH slower, loading 3rd party apps (games, etc) slower but not horrible.

battery life seemed to improve, i never had a issue with it in the first place phone would go 2 days easy.

Also I can MMS, Email pictures and BBmesenger pictures with no problem! yay!
    Last edited by vtrd00d; 04-09-09 at 12:24 AM.
    04-09-09 12:10 AM
    Running alot better. Much smoother, faster, and I like the new keyboard.
    04-09-09 12:11 AM
    I'm running on an EDGE network and boy does it act up with this release. I donwnloaded the.109 sfi file (which everyone says has the best radio file) in order to keep a steady EDGE connection MOST of the time. Where do I copy the file to?

Other than that I love this OS!

Thanks in advance for the help..
    04-09-09 07:25 AM
    Just upgraded to .113 from .99. Nice improvements so far. Camera, browser, and general phone navigation are MUCH quicker than the standard .75, which I was still on early last week. I was only on .99 for a few days. I still couldn't send an MMS message with a picture I didn't take myself, but I fixed that thanks to CrackUtil.

So far so good. Lets hope Verizon gets an official update out soon that is even better.
    04-09-09 09:32 AM
    I have loved .113 for about a week now, but all of a sudden my text messages wont go thru...I have tried batt. pull, registering, and disconnect/reconnect network...if I cant figure it out soon, I will be going a different direction
    04-10-09 08:00 PM
    Just upgraded to .113 from .99. Nice improvements so far. Camera, browser, and general phone navigation are MUCH quicker than the standard .75, which I was still on early last week. I was only on .99 for a few days. I still couldn't send an MMS message with a picture I didn't take myself, but I fixed that thanks to CrackUtil.

So far so good. Lets hope Verizon gets an official update out soon that is even better.
    I am having the same problem with my pic messages, if i send one that i had before the update it doesnt work, or if a friend sends me an older one it doesn't work....i looked for the crackutil, but not sure where to find it, or what it is, can u help?

Otherwise, going from .75 to .113 was like buying a whole new phone, and it was my first time updating OS, i was scared cause i heard the horror stories, but it was a breeze
    04-12-09 01:08 PM
    It seems alot of you dislike the .113 leaked release. What I can't understand is why your ******** about it, it's a huge improvement over .75 right? Anything to me is better than the current OS version. Color Banding who cares, its a cell phone not a PC that sits on your desktop. I would only expect clear crisp colors on my PC monitors, not my Storm. From what I have seen with this build is that its a vast improvement from anything that is "Officially" release.
    04-14-09 03:54 AM
    yes.............
    04-15-09 12:49 AM
    It seems after about 8 hours, .113 is a major improvement. Only issue was having to do 2 battery pulls before BES would connect. Much smoother operation of all functions.

Waited for 3 weeks after I got my Storm before upgrading. Glad I did.
    04-15-09 04:52 PM
    I am having the same problem with my pic messages, if i send one that i had before the update it doesnt work, or if a friend sends me an older one it doesn't work....i looked for the crackutil, but not sure where to find it, or what it is, can u help?

Otherwise, going from .75 to .113 was like buying a whole new phone, and it was my first time updating OS, i was scared cause i heard the horror stories, but it was a breeze
    Here is the link to download crackutil...http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-crackutil.zip

But go to this link to read before you use....http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...ight=crackutil
    04-15-09 06:16 PM
    I wonder if VZ is going to jump straight into 122 now that Bell released 122.
    04-16-09 12:59 PM
    I wonder if VZ is going to jump straight into 122 now that Bell released 122.
    More than likely they will be releasing something higher than this. With issues with MMS it is doubtfull they will release this one.
    04-16-09 10:30 PM
    Anyone having trouble like me with opening up Weatherbug on your Storm?
    04-19-09 10:50 PM
    Running .113 for about 2 weeks now very pleased. Had memory leak with Facebook running - removed it. Memory holding steady now. Frequently ran Google Maps, Browser, and Viigo also used camera a few times along with frequent emailing. Memory holds at or above 20 MB usually close to 30MB. No color banding no random reboots. Used Quick Pull every few days.
    04-20-09 06:12 PM
    I stepped up from 4.7.0.109 which worked soso. I discovered that 4.7.0.113 doesn't bring up the Browser even though it was listed in the Advanced options. So I also discovered that it listed backup files twice. Having said that, I think I know what happened, but my question is if I reinstall 113 will it negate the programming errors and leave a single instance of 4.7.0.113. What happened was after installing the OS I forgot that it automatically backs up the files and if the installation doesn't work then you can restore. Well now I need to redo the system and hope I haven't lost all of my VM's and EM's as a result. If anyone would venture a suggestion it will be appreciated. I am printing instructions to reclaim my Storm. It works it's just not clean and the Browser is missing totally even though listed in the applications. Thanks all.
    04-23-09 10:07 PM
    Anyone having trouble like me with opening up Weatherbug on your Storm?
    WeatherBug I and others have found it to have huge memory leaks. I uninstalled it and memory has stabilized.
    05-04-09 08:51 AM
    Well, I installed v.113 from v.75 last night and Ive already noticed that the OS itself is alot more stable than the other one. Much better speeds in all apps, camera, screen rotation, pulling up the keyboard, which would always hang up....1/2 the keyboard turned one direction, the 1/2 the other way. Doesnt do that anymore.. Very happy with this build so far.
    The only thing I see a problem with this OS is from what others Ive seen on the forms say also, is there seems to be a memory leak issue. I had 39.4 mb last night and put my phone down for the night and got up this morning and there was only 16.9 mb avail, and nothing was running in the background. Not sure what could be causing the loss in memory.
    05-04-09 09:03 AM
    my sis is running .113 when i'm running the .141/5.0 hybrid. i can tell u guys that even though .113 is stable cause she hasn't called me with any problems and she used to every morning with other os. But compared to .141/5.0 my os beats hers in every way.. everything is much more responsive then hers... so guys still on .113 live alittle and upgrade u wont be disappointed...
    05-04-09 09:18 AM
    Isnt the .141/5.0 OS still having some issues with it.. I dont care to give it a try, I just updated last night and I noticed that u CAN NOT foward a MMS pic msg... all u get is a blank grey screen when on v.113. Is that issue resolved in the .141/5.0 update??
    05-04-09 09:58 AM
    Im using the 141/50 hybrid and not having any of the above mentioned issues.
    Give it a shot, you can always go back.....

I highly suggest downloading the "shrink an OS" program made by lyrdical (sorry if I butchered the spelling). That program has options to fix the different MMS issues and remove things you dont need. Great program!
    05-04-09 11:22 AM
    I have been running .113 for about 3 weeks now and have noticed big time battery drain increase over 0.75.. I make about an hour of phone calls and another 1-2hours of browsing and I am at 15%. On .75 I could get double that.

Anyone else noticing this? I am also trying to determine if it is specifically one of my apps.

I only upgraded because the Verizon update has been taking forever but now that I know how easy it was to upgrade, I may just go to .141 or whatever we are at now.
    05-04-09 01:21 PM
    Just updated my wifes Storm last night to .113 and the only issues she is having is MMS pic msg forwarding doesnt work, and when she gets a text msg while the backlight is off, when u touch the screen, nothing happens. You have to keep pushing the buttons at the bottom of the phone to get the screen to come on.. anybody else having this issue and is there a solution to it in this build? I have the same build on my Storm and im not having any issues with it except the MMS forwarding doesnt work, and memory leaks.
    05-04-09 02:30 PM
    Issue self resolved with making the screen come on when receiving a msg.. It was the way she was touching her screen.. I tried it and 1 touch it came on. I think her screen protector might have something to do with it.
    MMS forwarding still doesnt work..
    05-04-09 03:31 PM
    New member and need some help. I cant seem to locate the area where I can get and download the new Strom OS.
    05-08-09 03:13 PM
1,157 ... 44454647
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD