After an hour on the phone with RIM Support (they are actually very helpful and patient I might add) we determined that my inability to sync, sometimes at all, may be a device issue. Can anyone tell me if they can sync with BES after upgrading to .113/144 as I have. I could also not sync with .114 hybrids either. I spend days, literally, trying to sync with BES. I get up to around 80% sync'd then it just gives up. After a day or so of killing my battery I cancel the sync. After speaking w/RIM Support, we looked at the amount of data and it was 45000kb or so and they told me that this was not too much data to sync, and tested a few other things and they said it was device related and that I would have to wait for a call back from the Device Tech people to call me back. I am wondering if it may be a radio issue as I have figured out through many desperate attempts that if I kill the Antenna and then turn it back on the sync % would increase a bit each time. painful process. Can anyone give me any advice on what the best radio code is for the storm, or how to make my Storm sync to BES in a timely fashion???
    03-28-09 01:59 AM
    The only con I seem to be encountering reoccurring is my device randomly resetting after receiving an email or text message. It doesn't happen all of the time but when it does its incredibly aggravating, especially since it takes about 4 minutes to reboot.

Everything else works like a dream.
    03-28-09 02:55 AM
    Ok I"ve had 2 random reboots in the last day and two media card inserted errors in the last 18 hours
    03-28-09 08:59 AM
    .113 is running fine. Only issue at the moment that has been consistent through all versions is when playing music for about 2 hours straight the memory leaks too low for it to recognize songs and/or the format of the music files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 09:04 AM
    wait......wait.....blue line coming...wait for it...hahaha...its ALIVE!!!...lol
    So, how ya liking it? I'm on 109. Need the low down before I make the leap...Thx!
    03-28-09 09:08 AM
    one thing i really dont like about this is that it doesnt have the big letters in landscape mode. that was one of my favorite features of the old OS
    03-28-09 10:22 AM
    I don't think the camera is that much of a difference.

I did notice the full keyboard in portrait mode but it seems small? I don't mind the QWERTY board for somethings.

Memory holding around 30mb
    I don't think it is that fast of switching from portrait to landscape. The only exception within many apps it does seem to switch faster.

When doing a battery pull, takes about the same to boot.
    I noticed when I type into Google or something the enter on keyboard says "go"

When receiving a call I don't have to hit the answer button a million times to get the call to come through. (my storm would ring and when I tried to answer it would go back to the ringtone)

It seems that applications do load faster.

Once Verizon releases OTA I will do it again just to be sure.
    Overall there is at least some progression! Ill post more later when I come across something else.
    03-28-09 10:54 AM
    The battery issue has not gotten any better, 4 hours and down to 50% already!
    03-28-09 12:27 PM
    sorry if this has been asked havent had time to read all the posts, dont have any issues with phone working great but i am not able to backup on desktop manager gets a quarter of the way then fgives and error message. any one else having this problem
    03-28-09 01:07 PM
    I have searched which can be pretty useless on this site.... could someone please let me know about the MMS fowarding problem... is there a way to fix it and if you can could someone give me the link or step by step?? If you can msg me Jnepsa on bbmsger
    03-28-09 01:09 PM
    I have searched which can be pretty useless on this site.... could someone please let me know about the MMS fowarding problem... is there a way to fix it and if you can could someone give me the link or step by step?? If you can msg me Jnepsa on bbmsger
    I believe you need to replace the mms .cod file with the one from the .86 build (This isn't something I've done, but that's what I've gathered from what I've read.) Search this thread for a user named epphllps. There are some download links in his signature and I think one of the files on that page is the .113 with the .86 mms file added (I think he also did something to the bluetooth as well).
    03-28-09 08:20 PM
    The battery issue has not gotten any better, 4 hours and down to 50% already!
    What apps are installed in your device?
    03-28-09 09:29 PM
    I've had several more random reboots today. Very frustrating! Especially since each time I get the media card error and have to pull the media card out and reboot again...I have to figure out what version I want to roll back to...
    03-28-09 09:50 PM
    On day 2 of upgrade and no problems so far..
    03-28-09 11:25 PM
    Have been running 113 for several days. Some memory loss, down to 14 some times and never higher than 30. Have had about 3 or 4 random reboots. Not sure, but I believe they occur when the memory drops to low. I will let the pros figure that out. Im not running any additional programs. Everything else seems to be working fine. Overall function running 113 seems to be the best OS so far for me but OS still needs a few tweaks..
    03-29-09 01:03 AM
    was breezing thru my "options" and under sin card it tells me "no valid sim card." I ran the diagnostics and everything came back ok, to include the email that says bb is registered. Any idea why a sudden sim issue? No issue until i downloaded .113
    Last edited by bad_boy321; 03-29-09 at 01:11 AM. Reason: clarification
    03-29-09 01:07 AM
    was breezing thru my "options" and under sin card it tells me "no valid sim card." I ran the diagnostics and everything came back ok, to include the email that says bb is registered. Any idea why a sudden sim issue? No issue until i downloaded .113
    Have you done the torx fix for the screen click? If so, try tightening the left screw a little and do a battery pull.
    03-29-09 06:54 AM
    Does anyone else see a memory leak with this release still? I am losing about 7MB overnight while sleeping. The only extra applications I have are:
    VyMail
    Opera
    Bolt
    Garmin
    Slacker
    Yes. I've noticed pretty significant leak, using the same apps I had with my prior .75 OS. Dropped about 8Mb overnight. Typically drops from a boot level of 25 to 35 to around 13 during the day. It is the only thing I don't like about this build.

Apps are:
    Visual voice mail
    TwitterBerry
    Antair spam filter
    ToDo and IdeaMatrix
    Viigo
    Mobipocket
    Epocrates
    iheartradio
    Acrobible
    03-29-09 07:39 AM
    I have just upgraded from the oldest BB in the world to the Storm. i have got over the fingernail issue - no I didn't cut them off! - and now want to learn. I have been browsing here for three days now and have questions which I realize are very basic for you guys:
    What is a battery pull? Why and when would I do it?
    I have 4.0.0.98, [I am on Voda carrier in the UK.] Browser is grim and screen/transitions slow, should I change this and how?
    Grateful to hear from anyone kind and patient enough to help me.
    03-29-09 08:03 AM
    I have just upgraded from the oldest BB in the world to the Storm. i have got over the fingernail issue - no I didn't cut them off! - and now want to learn. I have been browsing here for three days now and have questions which I realize are very basic for you guys:
    I have 4.0.0.98, [I am on Voda carrier in the UK.] Browser is grim and screen/transitions slow, should I change this and how?
    if you can, turn the phone off first. then, just remove the back cover. take out the battery for a few secs. return the battery. place the cover back on. wait a couple minutes while the phone resets. think of it like a computer: you perform the battery pull whenever the phone is particularly slow, frozen in a process or memory is way down in order to reboot the phone. hopefully, you won't have to do it more than once a day or so until the OS kinks are worked out. that doesn't sound like the right OS for a storm, though. You should be in the 4.7-something range. I'm in U.S. on a 9530, so I'll let someone else tackle your browser/screen issues. Peace!
    03-29-09 08:29 AM
    I think you probably have the 9500 on vodaphone (U.K.), not 9530 which is verizon (U.S). Make sure to only download apps and OS software relevant for your version. Youtube can be a helpful resource as well. Got to youtube and search: "How to update the firmware on a BlackBerry Storm 9500 from Vodafone". You can probably find a video that shows battery pulls, etc., too.
    03-29-09 08:45 AM
    Thank you Dglaze for your kind, patient replies. I got it now on the battery pull, I do it for my SE smart phones but we call it something else and you are quite correct I do have a 9500 and thnks for the utube tip. My firmwear is clearly ancient which I suspected. I'll hope someone else from the UK can help me.
    03-29-09 08:55 AM
    I am having the issue with the normal keyboard showing up when in phone mode. I have looked through this thread some and saw that it might be due to me having grabbed a leaked/hybridish version of .113 instead of the real deal? That is the only problem I am having, but obviously that's a big one since I can't check vm or anything without it. Can someone point me to the correct download and/or a solution to this problem? Thank you.
    03-29-09 09:46 AM
    I clearly don't have ancient firmwear I have v4.7.0.78 [plat4.0.0.98] I can't find anything newer am I right? Why no WiFi though, if you travel it's needed and free.
    03-29-09 10:41 AM
    Everything looks good in thebuild 113 but I have one problem with mp3 sound its not loud enough there is some volume limiter...anyone seen this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 12:05 PM
1,157 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD