I was never able to get GPS to play nice with Google Maps...

Make sure you have version 3.0.2. Also, best to insure GPS is up and running before launching gmm.

If stays in "waiting for gps" goto bb button and do clear map. May have to try that a couple of times. If still not working, close gmm and restart. Should work. A Pain but it does work
    03-27-09 11:30 AM
    I didnt look through over the 1000 replies in this message, so sorry if this was already mentioned..

Today I got a flickering screen with lines and the borders were all off by say a centimeter. When I tried to text is where the abundance of the flickering with lines occurred. It's hard to explain exactly what was going on to give you a good visual picture, but needless to say..It looked as if there was a MAJOR bug in there. When I clicked on icons these "lines" would move about the screen. I did a battery pull and it all went away, hopefully for good. .113 has been giving me quite a bit of problems, more then ANY other leak I've installed.
    03-27-09 12:30 PM
    The one by Firethorn Holdings. The one you DL from the VZSTART page
    Thanks for checking. Can't promise anything, but I will ask the client developers if they have done any testing with the Storm Beta OSs.

Colin
    03-27-09 12:37 PM
    I came from the .114 Hybrid V1 to this and its MUCH better.

I didnt think the Storm could get much faster but with each update it just gets better and better.

memory leak is still a bit of an issue as with any beta but other than that it seems fine. Battery life isnt bad either
    03-27-09 12:46 PM
    I just want to note: Put it on the charger last night when I went to bed, took it off the charger when the alarm was screaming at me to get up and I refused at 6am, woke up at 10:30 battery was at 40%. Just wondering WTF! Seriously?
    03-27-09 01:30 PM
    So far I haven't had many issues with this OS. I just upgraded from .75 and I immediately noticed a difference. The main icons screen scrolls much smoother, exiting applications is much faster and the transitions fade in and out faster as well. Oh, and the camera is finally useable.

Pretty much what most of the other people are saying.

I expected a few more changes though like a better way to search/scroll through contacts and perhaps an option to use the touch screen the way that the Opera browser recognizes touches, without needing to click.(I prefer the click myself).

I'm not sure why I waited so long to try out these betas, but I'm very happy with this one, my first.

I noticed one glitch and that was when I was selecting an icon...the square disappeared briefly and I could see the "storm" background with the lightning bolt underneath my own wallpaper where the square once was. That's pretty much it. There is of course a slight leak but this is 6 hours in and I've been adding and removing stuff a lot without restarts so yeah...I'm not so sure about that part yet. Also, thats just a blackberry thing anyways.
    03-27-09 02:20 PM
    Finally time for a break, The 1"bakers dozen" is installed and I'm happy to report alls well. quote off the day all you storm chasers "Get Crackin" not now but right now w/ 1bakers dozen
    03-27-09 04:04 PM
    storm 1 wk old, switched from curve, .75 to .114v1 day 1, to .114v2 day 3, .113 day 4 and loving it. the storm is a beast and with other os in the pipeline, the possibilities makes me smile
    03-27-09 04:36 PM
    It better be good since its the same one verizon will release as an official OS upgrade.
    03-27-09 05:04 PM
    The beta leaks are great, first off. Thanks to everyone making it all happen and helping to fix things.

1. Picture taking is MUCH faster!
    2. Scrolling is faster
    3. Accelerometer may be a little faster, but don't notice much difference from hybrid .114.

4. When i go to my calls screen, it doesn't want to remember my preference of going to call list. It goes to any of the three options at any given point. I tried resetting it to another option, such as dial pad and then resetting it back to call list - it has a mind of its own.

5. When i hit the bb menu, it comes up with the running apps screen for me to toggle. I have to hit it and back out several times to actually get to the appropriate app menu.

I removed all my 3rd party apps except talklock to ensure they weren't causing issues. Reinstalled facebook today. Will probably put Google maps on too and possibly Viigo. Love Poynt, but i think it is causing memory leak and may crash it. Where definitely made it crash.

Any suggestions with 4 and 5?

Thank you
    03-27-09 05:14 PM
    for number 5, go into your keyboard options and set your keyrate to medium instead of fast.
    03-27-09 05:34 PM
    for number 5, go into your keyboard options and set your keyrate to medium instead of fast.

Thank you!! That works perfectly.
    03-27-09 05:40 PM
    It better be good since its the same one verizon will release as an official OS upgrade.
    There is no concrete evidence of that anwhere..speculation, ya...rumor, ya..But I'd put my ball bag out on the line to say .113 WILL NOT be the next official OS.
    03-27-09 05:43 PM
    I just want to note: Put it on the charger last night when I went to bed, took it off the charger when the alarm was screaming at me to get up and I refused at 6am, woke up at 10:30 battery was at 40%. Just wondering WTF! Seriously?
    Yes I am having the same issue. What do you all suggest to test it out?
    03-27-09 06:14 PM
    If you turn the phone off, plug it in overnight...will it charge completely?
    03-27-09 07:31 PM
    So you mean to hold the end button down until it goes off? Then plug it in. I will do it and report back.

03-27-09 07:37 PM
    Does anyone else see a memory leak with this release still? I am losing about 7MB overnight while sleeping. The only extra applications I have are:
    VyMail
    Opera
    Bolt
    Garmin
    Slacker

I uninstalled BB and Google Maps, VVM, and Navigator.

Do any of the third applications above have known memory leaks. The only one that runs all the time in the background is VyMail.
    03-27-09 07:47 PM
    my storm is crashing and freezing. Two guys I work with upgraded to .113 and they are loving it. Cant figure out why i'm having so many problems. I think i'm going back to .75 until VZW launches approved version.
    03-27-09 10:38 PM
    So, it was fully charged and when no apps were running, in the background. The available memory was 18, so I just went back to .109 which was working fine for me before then. How do you just do a complete wipe and re-install or is that what every upgrade really is?
    03-27-09 11:07 PM
    Should have done a battery pull after upgrade....
    03-27-09 11:23 PM
    Sorry, I didn't have time to search through all the replies, but is the MMS issue still present in this build, where we have to replace it with an .86 one?
    03-27-09 11:24 PM
    114 with v2 is much better>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>v3 soon
    03-27-09 11:27 PM
    Should have done a battery pull after upgrade....
    I did do a battery pull, but I will do an extended one. I went back to .75 and then back to 113 again.

I will then do a 45 sec battery pull, and let everyone know how it works in the day tomorrow.
    03-27-09 11:42 PM
    After a few frustrating attempts where I couldn't get DM to recognize the new OS, I finally upgraded. It only took about 25 minutes.

I did a battery pull right away (which took a lot of will power) and the reboot took about the same as it used to on .75 (maybe just a tiny bit faster)

At first nothing seemed different, but after a few minutes of playing I can see some definite improvements. Pretty much what everyone else has reported:
    PROS:
    • Faster browser (and it can now load pages I used to have trouble with)
    • Better menu scrolling
    • Better image scrolling
    • Faster App transition (after the first time each app is opened)
    • Increased Free Memory (52mb up from 40)
    • Cool new editing box thingie
    • Faster Camera
    • And yes, a faster accelerometer, although that took the longest to improve. At first it wasn't any faster, and them BOOM, sudden improvement. It still lags a little on the home screen, but no where near as much as before.
    • Translucent menu bar in camera

CONS:
    • Nasty color banding, but I'll get used to it. If this build continues to behave this well, I'll take that as a good trade off.
    • Noticing I'm seeing the clock a lot, but we'll see how that goes over the next few days
    • Not sure how I feel about the stretching of images taken in landscape when they are set to the home screen

Overall, my first impression is so far, so good. I'm impressed
    03-28-09 12:41 AM
    to see the free memory as you report, it is under Options, Memory, Application Memory:Free Space?

I am showing 30.1 after a battery pull and no apps open that I know of.
    03-28-09 12:44 AM
1,157 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD