I'm having huge memory leak problems with this OS. I've had my memory go down to 0.0mb a couple of times since installation.

I didn't have this big of a problem with previous builds. I haven't added any new apps that would cause such a dramatic change

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 12:42 AM
    I think i would 'Jizz in my pants' if that happened....
    Dude, seriously.... just an OS....... I;m serious... Just an OS
    03-27-09 12:43 AM
    On Telus, upgraded from .99 to .113 without any issues, besides the fact that I had to do 1 battery pull to get the device working 100%. OS responds quicker...camera is faster, text select feature is great, recommned the upgrade...feels official...also did not have to delete the vendor.xml file
    Last edited by skjordansk; 03-27-09 at 01:40 AM.
    03-27-09 01:19 AM
    To be honest with you I have seen that pop up on every OS now. this only happens after a OS is rebooted. This is normal.
    Seriously, is this a big deal? It pops up in the loading. What does this affect?
    03-27-09 01:31 AM
    24 hours.....still the most solid build.
    mem. still up 30+ after 24 hours.....maybe a slightly faster batt drain, but today was a busy phone day.
    Get rid of the Themes u just do not use
    Google maps......garbage.......like lawn darts.
    Reboot faster as well....MMS has never been a prob.
    Last edited by doctorsteven; 03-27-09 at 02:16 AM. Reason: add a point
    03-27-09 02:12 AM
    after reading page after page haha...im doing it...imma install it..read some good and bad reviews...overall good..going to upgrade from .109 which has been really good...lets see what happens :/
    03-27-09 02:19 AM
    Seriously, is this a big deal? It pops up in the loading. What does this affect?
    2 things its not a big deal if you tell it no, so it won't be searching for GSM networks. Secondly if it is annoying you and you are not planning on using a GSM network just pull your SIM card and put it in storage, thats what I did and the message won't come up again.
    03-27-09 02:25 AM
    taking forever to reboot :/
    03-27-09 02:27 AM
    wait......wait.....blue line coming...wait for it...hahaha...its ALIVE!!!...lol
    03-27-09 02:28 AM
    has anybody else have the small menu come up when you press the bb key instead of the full menu
    03-27-09 05:31 AM
    I just upgreded from 109 to 113 for my storm, and am not totally happy.

My probs:

1. I lost all my contacts. I had to upload them by sync w/ Outlook.
    2. Backlight is much dimmer even at 100%
    3. Cant click on apps occaisionally. screen is just frozen.
    4. Cant email from my yahoo acct anymore.

Pros:
    Quicker Reboots
    quicker typing

Can someone pls help me with 1-4?

Thanks.
    03-27-09 05:58 AM
    I just upgraded to 113 and am psyched! I've been on 109 and was afraid to leave but this was definetly an improvement at least for my device. Memory is holding strong, accelermeter is cranking and the typing is the smoothest yet, I'm also not having any issues with the clock/alarm on 113 which some users have reported.
    Keep em coming!
    03-27-09 06:55 AM
    I just upgraded from 75. The accelerometer seems faster and I see less overall lag

However, I seem to have lost the ability to clear my calendar. I don't know if this was an issue with previous leaked builds but I go into agenda view and I no longer have the option to "delete prior"

Whenever I updated OS's on my pearl google sync would never accept the previous calendar appointments so it would add duplicate events. I needed to delete everything in my calendar and do a clean sync but now I don't have that option

Does anyone know if there is a workaround, fix, or if I'm just doing it wrong?

03-27-09 06:57 AM
    has anybody else have the small menu come up when you press the bb key instead of the full menu
    Yeah this was happening for me as well, fortunately its a easy fix. Go to options>screen/keyboard and adjust your tap interval, hover and swipe numbers. Mine are set at 250,300 and 6. By adjusting this the APP loader should not appear again.
    Try this or search around for performance settings and see what works best for you.
    03-27-09 07:00 AM
    FYI....

In case anybody is interested, the code leaked on Monday IS the same as what VZW is testing. I saw a QA guy's unit, and went into options > about. The only difference was in the Branding Versionn, which I am told will differ on every unit.

Now for the not so good stuff. There is a HUGE laundry list of things to be tested, and since VZW is so picky, this may not make the cut. That's cool, cuz I'd rather have solid gold dancers (oops, I meant code), not gold plated.
    03-27-09 08:35 AM
    114 was god damned awfull and im really glad 113 came out for us 9530 owners....loving the new cut and paste and the fact that two fingers are being recognized to select....maybe if they make the ( ) part of the selection easier to see because to make it work my thumb is pretty much over the text...it should be like the arrow in the browser where its at least an inch away so you can actually see it.
    03-27-09 08:52 AM
    btw....off topic....but im watching regis and kelly and regis is done...i have never seen him so fed up of doing his morning show...sorry again for being off topic....while im there...whose gonna be at the CTIA in vegas april 1st?
    03-27-09 08:54 AM
    Well I've gone through this entire thread(took a few days) and think I'm going to give this a shot (I'm still on .75) as i'm sitting here cursing the type lag...

My only concerns are the reports of mem leak and battery drain (although I already have some leakage on .75) but both of those can be app or theme related, so i'll probably risk it.

I do listen to music on my phone a lot... Is anyone having a lot of trouble getting songs to load? I've only seen a couple of complaints about this, and I don't have a HUGE music library on the phone... Yet.

03-27-09 09:14 AM
    FYI....

In case anybody is interested, the code leaked on Monday IS the same as what VZW is testing. I saw a QA guy's unit, and went into options > about. The only difference was in the Branding Versionn, which I am told will differ on every unit.

Now for the not so good stuff. There is a HUGE laundry list of things to be tested, and since VZW is so picky, this may not make the cut. That's cool, cuz I'd rather have solid gold dancers (oops, I meant code), not gold plated.
    Of course this is what they're testing. EVERY beta is the one they're testing. Thats the purpose of it. And no it will not make the cut. Great build but still a little buggy and they're not gonna put it out.
    03-27-09 09:45 AM
    Well I've gone through this entire thread(took a few days) and think I'm going to give this a shot (I'm still on .75) as i'm sitting here cursing the type lag...

My only concerns are the reports of mem leak and battery drain (although I already have some leakage on .75) but both of those can be app or theme related, so i'll probably risk it.

I do listen to music on my phone a lot... Is anyone having a lot of trouble getting songs to load? I've only seen a couple of complaints about this, and I don't have a HUGE music library on the phone... Yet.

First off, ANY beta OS you choose to install is going to be better than .75. I still don't get all the different issues people are having with these OS's...I think part of it is 3rd party apps, and the other part is people being melodramatic. Either way, the ONLY issue I have had with .113 is one random reboot while using BB Messenger. I too listen to a lot of music, and haven't had a problem as of yet. Just make sure you do a full backup before you install your OS of choice, and you'll do just fine.
    03-27-09 10:22 AM
    Thanks douglas. I don't know what i'd do if my "ipod" stopped working

03-27-09 10:29 AM
    Just a notice for anyone having issues like I did...

For whatever reason the DM kept wanting to re-install the update over and over every time it ran, and my unit ran out of memory, so I did the full wipe option.

The new OS installed fine after that, but the browser disappeared, as well as I couldn't send MMS messages. Even after going back to the stock VZW version, those functions wouldn't work. I'm new to the BB, but have tweaked a ton of motorola and the Samsung SCH-I7x0 WinMobile phones in the past, so this was a little confusing to me.

After contacting my friend who works for VZW, she had me go into ABOUT -> Mobile Network, click the menu button and hit "Run Diagnostics". This fixed the MMS & Browser issues on the stock VZW version, and I assume would fix the issue (as I had) after upgrading to the .113 version. None of the guides I read or postings mentioned anything about anyone else having to do this, or even listing it as an option. Maybe it is posted but I didn't see it, so hopefully if anyone else hits this snag it fixes the problem as well.
    03-27-09 10:36 AM
    113 great no problems much better than 75

03-27-09 10:37 AM
    New user and poster here. I've had my 9530 for 10 days and was growing quite tired of it. Irritated actually...slow, unresponsive, not what I had imagined, etc. But then I installed the .113 version OS around noon yesterday, and I am tickled pink. It is much more in line of what I expected from this phone.

One question though...I was using the Bolt browser before. Now it gives me an internet not available error message. I have deleted and re-installed, and have run the diagnostic check, which I think has issues:

ICMP Ping Echo: No

Blackberry registration: No
    Connected to BlackBerry: Abort
    BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort

Do these line items indicate problems? And if so, how do I fix them?

BTW, my regular browser works fine.
    03-27-09 11:00 AM
    Ill be honest I've tries every beta OS since .65 and this is by far the best one.
    For what I just my phone for, there is no better version released. I now have the perfect storm.

03-27-09 11:15 AM
1,157 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD