i'm having serious memory leakage. anyone having this problem?
    03-26-09 05:23 PM
    Thank you Antagonist! Works now...
    03-26-09 05:23 PM
    i'm having serious memory leakage. anyone having this problem?
    Battery pull fixed mine.........I had the same issue after DL, but running high 30s now
    03-26-09 05:39 PM
    Here is another problem I found with .113:

When the phone is charging with wall charger, a call comes in, I pick it up, the view changes to landscape (cannot change it back unless unplug the phone from charger) and speaker comes on automatically, no way to turn it off because the buttons disappear! When I unplugged, buttons showed up again, view switched to portrait and it switched to handset from speaker phone. See if anyone else can duplicate this.
    03-26-09 06:03 PM
    I followed the instructions posted, and it said the update was done. I pulled the battery, allowed it to boot up, and checked my version. For some reason mine's reading v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94) and the memory is down to 2.1MB (and I haven't ran much of anything besides sending a few BB messages, txt messages, and the browser which I cleared the caches). I know as of about a hour and a half ago the memory was at 10.5MB. I'm guessing I'm having a bad memory leak like a few others have asked about, but again my version didn't change in the about...

I'm guessing I need to do the full wipe and install?
    03-26-09 06:05 PM
    I followed the instructions posted, and it said the update was done. I pulled the battery, allowed it to boot up, and checked my version. For some reason mine's reading v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94) and the memory is down to 2.1MB (and I haven't ran much of anything besides sending a few BB messages, txt messages, and the browser which I cleared the caches). I know as of about a hour and a half ago the memory was at 10.5MB. I'm guessing I'm having a bad memory leak like a few others have asked about, but again my version didn't change in the about...

Wipes are generally worthless in regard to OS updates...but in your case, it can't hurt. Just make sure you are selecting the .113 OS as DM says .75 is still the "preferred" OS and automatically selects it to install.
    03-26-09 06:10 PM
    Been lurkin' forever... finally registered. At any rate, here are my two cents about 113:

• Phone used to randomly shutdown on its own one or two times every couple of days when I was running 103. It never did so when I was running 75 (mine came with 75 out of the box). Now it decides to shut itself off at least six times per day.
    • Aside from the shutdown issue, however, all seems to be functioning faster.

Starting to think I should've went with the Bold.
    03-26-09 06:11 PM

Oh yeah...and make sure you do a backup first, if you haven't already. Some people have said they had an issue with it not automatically backing up/restoring for them. Better safe than sorry.
    03-26-09 06:12 PM
    Been lurkin' forever... finally registered. At any rate, here are my two cents about 113:

• Phone used to randomly shutdown on its own one or two times every couple of days when I was running 103. It never did so when I was running 75 (mine came with 75 out of the box). Now it decides to shut itself off at least six times per day.
    • Aside from the shutdown issue, however, all seems to be functioning faster.

Starting to think I should've went with the Bold.
    The Bold is one rockin phone... But who really wants AT&T's network? Trust me, once an official new OS comes out for the Storm, it will be night and day from where we are at now...even with the beta releases.
    03-26-09 06:14 PM
    I see an absolute improvement. tho i upgraded from 75. and wut is the issue with "memory leakage"? i have no problems with my memory at all. very fast n smooth overall
    03-26-09 06:19 PM
    The Bold is one rockin phone... But who really wants AT&T's network? Trust me, once an official new OS comes out for the Storm, it will be night and day from where we are at now...even with the beta releases.
    Yeah, AT&T is the reason for why I went with the Storm. Much to my wife's chagrin, I get obsessive about things I plan on buying. I research the **** out of things before pulling the trigger. I knew that the Storm was buggy at best and that the Bold was solid, but AT&T was the deciding factor.
    03-26-09 06:19 PM
    Yeah, AT&T is the reason for why I went with the Storm. Much to my wife's chagrin, I get obsessive about things I plan on buying. I research the **** out of things before pulling the trigger. I knew that the Storm was buggy at best and that the Bold was solid, but AT&T was the deciding factor.
    Well, on the plus side, if you decide you really hate the Storm even after the official OS release, the Niagara should be available on Verizon by that point (the niagara is the Bold equivalent for Verizon, in case you weren't aware).
    03-26-09 06:33 PM
    Gave .113 a fair shot...cant stand the clock. Every time I move around through the OS I get that d**m clock!! back to hybrid v2. Any one else notice the huge influx of .75 people upgrading? It must have been the "official release" BS in the download thread
    03-26-09 06:48 PM
    The lock works a bit different with this version. When I take my phone out of the holster after it's been locked, it automatically unlocks the phone.
    Is it like that for everyone else?
    03-26-09 07:21 PM
    The lock works a bit different with this version. When I take my phone out of the holster after it's been locked, it automatically unlocks the phone.
    Is it like that for everyone else?
    It was like that before
    03-26-09 07:23 PM
    It was like that before
    Prior to my upgrade, I would have to hit the lock button when I took it out of the holster. I was running .75 so maybe it was different on other leaked versions.
    03-26-09 07:33 PM
    Prior to my upgrade, I would have to hit the lock button when I took it out of the holster. I was running .75 so maybe it was different on other leaked versions.
    Oh....nice feature!
    03-26-09 07:39 PM
    Do you know what Mobile Banking client you are using? You should be able to use Options>Applications and click on the Mobile Banking application name to see the Vendor name.

Colin

The one by Firethorn Holdings. The one you DL from the VZSTART page
    03-26-09 08:08 PM
    Every time I do a battery pull, usually quickpull, when the phone reboots I get a message saying a SIM card has been inserted and if I want to automatically detect the network.

This didn't use to happen and I believe it only asked me one time with .114 hybrids.

Is there a way to stop this? Is it just q quirk in the OS?

Other thing is I have notice the keyboard doesn't automatically pop up and I have to use menu->show keyboard much more frequently.
    To be honest with you I have seen that pop up on every OS now. this only happens after a OS is rebooted. This is normal.
    03-26-09 08:25 PM
    BB 9530
    v4.7.0.114 (Platform 4.0.0.143)
    Verizon

New problem for me not seen before .114:
    After I make a call, the only keypad that I can get is the Alpha SureType keypad. Pressing "numbers" does not bring up even a numeric input.

This makes it impossible to input phone options after a call - you know, as in: "to talk to sales press 2, to talk to a cyborg press 3" kind of thing.

I will need to downgrade if there is no workaround for this.
    Does anyone know how to cure this?
    Thank You!

CCP
    Portland, Oregon
    03-26-09 09:18 PM
    i like it... screen response is great, no lowering sound after message alert so far... 9.2 out of 10... can't wait for the official one!
    03-26-09 11:19 PM
    so far the bad for me is weathereyeTouch will not connect, AIM will not connect and when im on a call and get an incoming call forget it it the phone gos crazy
    03-26-09 11:41 PM
    I did it...coming from .99 to .109 and now .113...So far so good, like it a lot. Memory is steady and browser is fast. Also typing is the best i've experienced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 11:50 PM
    i cant seem to send any text messages (SMS). i can do everything else, make/receive calls, browse the web, receive messages but i CANT send text messages. might have to downgrade back to 109.
    03-27-09 12:09 AM
    BB 9530
    v4.7.0.114 (Platform 4.0.0.143)
    Verizon

New problem for me not seen before .114:
    After I make a call, the only keypad that I can get is the Alpha SureType keypad. Pressing "numbers" does not bring up even a numeric input.

This makes it impossible to input phone options after a call - you know, as in: "to talk to sales press 2, to talk to a cyborg press 3" kind of thing.

I will need to downgrade if there is no workaround for this.
    Does anyone know how to cure this?
    Thank You!

CCP
    Portland, Oregon
    This is the thread for .113 findings not .114 findings. And there is a well known fix for your dial pad issue. Or you could just downgrade to .113 but with a higher platform
    03-27-09 12:17 AM
1,157 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD