Be careful with Plazmic themes with .113 (may be the case with any build). It is a HUGE memory drain. Not sure if the theme I was using was built with the final Plazmic 4.7 but it killed my memory and battery wasn't as good either. I loved the theme but had to delete due to SLOWING MY PHONE WAY DOWN!

However, deleted theme and .113 is still trucking right along. Still lovin .113!
    03-26-09 11:07 AM
    Sounds like a hardware problem to me. The OS has Zero to do with the device charging.
    Actually, there have been a couple of builds that have had everything to do with charging. Some 9500 releases saw this problem.

Needless to say, I'm back on .114 v2 and I've got my eye on it.
    03-26-09 11:08 AM
    im loving .113 works great much solid
    03-26-09 11:50 AM
    Searching the thread I found 4 people who have an issue with their LED ceasing to function with .113

I am having the same issue. Seemed to work originally after I loaded it but about a day later no LED functionality at all.

I also seem to be having some issues with my data...seems slower...I noticed I dropped to 1x instead of 1xEV a few times (never did that before), had a weak signal in places it used to be strong, some web browser pages are failing to load and throwing error messages (the blogs page on crackberry mobile always errors out), vlingo had issue connecting to the internet and seemed to auto detect the wrong type of connection. I tried the basic fixes BP, sending service books, re registering with the network, several times and these issues are not going away.

I did a wipe and install of .113 and it's been stable as far as reboots (had zero since the wipe, one when I previously installed without a wipe), and it runs really great about 80% time (sometimes slows down and gets clunky) but this data connection and LED issue mean I need to figure out something else to try....maybe back to .114 vs hybrid?
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 03-26-09 at 11:59 AM.
    03-26-09 11:57 AM
    Anybody with .113 having issues with data intensive apps like IStockManager for TDAmeritrade. Eversince the upgrade from 109 to 113 this ap keeps freezing. .

Another app "Where" (not so data intensive) seems to be hving the same problem. It never opens up. Pressing the BB button shows the app in the list but never gets displayed on the screen.

Anyone has any ideas regardin this. Much appreciated.

Rej
    03-26-09 12:06 PM
    Anybody with .113 having issues with data intensive apps like IStockManager for TDAmeritrade. Eversince the upgrade from 109 to 113 this ap keeps freezing. .

Another app "Where" (not so data intensive) seems to be hving the same problem. It never opens up. Pressing the BB button shows the app in the list but never gets displayed on the screen.

Anyone has any ideas regardin this. Much appreciated.

Rej
    Uninstall and reinstall Where then do a battery pull. Also make sure you have BBMaps installed as Where requires it to run.
    03-26-09 12:11 PM
    The download sites are blocked by my company firewall. Anyone have another site I can use?
    03-26-09 12:13 PM
    The download sites are blocked by my company firewall. Anyone have another site I can use?
    Which sites have you tried? You may need to do it from home, depends on the firewall settings, unless your friends with your IT guy
    03-26-09 12:16 PM
    IMO this is the best yet. My memory leak is almost gone usually running 24-26mb up to 35mb. Love the Copy and paste and the phone just functions smoothly. Im Running where, weatherbug, googlemaps, trapster, talklock usually all the time.
    03-26-09 12:24 PM
    Uninstall and reinstall Where then do a battery pull. Also make sure you have BBMaps installed as Where requires it to run.
    Thanks for that. I think that was the reason for Where forgot BBmaps was needed. Any idea about IStockManager? Appreciate the help

Rej
    03-26-09 12:25 PM
    Love this build over .114
    Things I have noticed:
    1. # pad works when attempting to check my voice mail
    2. Data arrows now show up when surfing the web, and receiving data/email etc.
    3. Keyboard seems peepy (kind of like 109) .114 was just HOT garbage!
    4. accelerometer way faster than .114 (tad faster than 109)
    5. Unlocking the device is faster also.
    Over all I had 1 random reboot since install 24 hours ago (within the first hour this happend) Memory was at 42mb after install 24 hours later it is at 25.3mb
    03-26-09 12:26 PM
    I installed .113 yesterday and am very happy with the enhancements.
    I bought my Storm in the beginning of Jan, it was shipped with .75 and I have had a lot of issues with it. I have been browsing this website for a couple months now and heard pros and cons for upgrading to a beta version...
    Well my primary reason for joining this site today is to tell everyone frustrated with .75 to just DO IT. I have a couple little quirks like the BB Menu button operation that was mentioned earlier but all the pain in the a** problems have been dealt with!
    I had thought about .90 as I heard it may have had a bigger keyboard in landscape mode which would be nice if I can get it (not on .113) though not much of a concern now:
    -My typing accuracy has increased DRAMATICALLY with this version,
    -Typing is WAY faster (though hardware still limits a little... next to be released, performance keypad/screen springs!!)
    -It's generally faster at everything,
    -Easier text editing NOW you can scroll a character at a time.(in .75 if you wanted to jump to another area in your text to edit, forget it, it was easier to delete the text back to the mistake & retype!)
    -No necessary bat pulls as of yet
    -Locking/Unlocking way better & faster; also while locked, display does not light when touched only if a key is bumped (My holster used to always bump the screen killing my battery within 8 hours.)
    -Dial/Number pad improved
    -Portrait full keyboard could be handy for many (though not for me as my thumbs are too big)
    OK, I'm writing a novel here and all you pros are thinking you've had it down pat for so long with previous versions that have fixed all these things long time ago... ok I'll just repeat:

IF ANYONE IS ON .75 DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR & UPGRADE TO .113 NOW!!

Thank you to everyone who participates in these forums and posts these tips, tricks and downloads! I'm a happy new member!
    Last edited by RatRacer; 03-26-09 at 12:34 PM.
    03-26-09 12:27 PM
    I bought my Storm in December and it's been running on the original OS (.76) since. I've been kind of hesitant on upgrading to any of the OS that are out there but it came to a point where I was just fed up of the overall lag with the Storm. I Finlay gave in yesterday and did the upgrade to .113......HOLY CRAP what a huge improvement. The lag is non existent, my app. memory jumped from a 29.2-->39.8 checking emails, making calls even locking/unlocking the BB is almost instantaneous. Also, my storm has been on since 6:AM and it's now 1:PM and my battery is still 90% full, all this after making calls all morning and receiving and sending dozens of emails.

I couldn't be happier with .113 OS!
    03-26-09 12:27 PM
    I'm having a major problem with Twitterberry and .113. Whenever I try to get the public/friend timelines, it freezes and sometimes reboots my phone. anyone else?
    03-26-09 12:40 PM
    In the interest of reporting my findings, I realized today the battery is draining faster than yesterday on v.113... I had only used the phone twice yesterday, today I have accumulated about 1.5 hours of talk time thus far, and found the power drain to be almost twice as fast as my old v.99.

I can only equate this to phone use, for yesterday I used the browser and email functions continuously with no notable difference in power consumption...

My 2 cents for what its worth...
    03-26-09 12:46 PM
    can anyone offer specifics if they haved used both?

i know it has been addressed somewhere in the 65 pages...sorry.

if you don't want to respond, don't.

if you do, thank you.

I think .109 is great BTW....
    03-26-09 12:53 PM
    I use iStockManager everyday and it seems to actually work better (faster) in .113. So far I have only noticed a problem with Where. It will load (grudgingly) but the keyboard blocks half the screen and exiting is difficult because it won't allow the OK button to highlight when you try to close out of it.

I sent an email to uLocate Technical Support and they politely told me;

"Currently, the 4.7.0.113 version is an unsupported operating system version by Version. As a result WHERE does not support that operating system as this time."

I guess there is no surprise there but I thought it was worth a shot. LOL
    03-26-09 12:54 PM
    Sounds like a hardware problem to me. The OS has Zero to do with the device charging.
    Why don't you make a few more posts and read a few more threads before you start talking out your a$$.

Here's a few links for you're reading pleasure. I'm sure there's more but this is what I could find in the 2 minutes I had to serach...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/od...e-99-a-150040/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/10...arging-153372/

I know there's a bunch out there. There was one build in particular that wouldn't let most charge their batteries...
    03-26-09 12:56 PM
    Be careful with Plazmic themes with .113 (may be the case with any build). It is a HUGE memory drain. Not sure if the theme I was using was built with the final Plazmic 4.7 but it killed my memory and battery wasn't as good either. I loved the theme but had to delete due to SLOWING MY PHONE WAY DOWN!

However, deleted theme and .113 is still trucking right along. Still lovin .113!
    Funny you mention this as I have had MAJOR issues with 113 running Appleberry 1.2 Im going to try and go back to the original theme to see if it runs better. I have major lag & memory loss as well as poor quality on the camera.
    03-26-09 01:02 PM
    Funny you mention this as I have had MAJOR issues with 113 running Appleberry 1.2 Im going to try and go back to the original theme to see if it runs better. I have major lag & memory loss as well as poor quality on the camera.

My memory was back as soon as I deleted the theme and went back to factory theme. My memory went down below 10mb w/ theme and is over 35mb w/o. Hope they can get themes and memory issues figured out, I really like some of them. Just glad I didn't pay for it. I've heard of some pay themes that have the same problem...if I paid for it I wouldn't be too happy.
    03-26-09 01:06 PM
    MY LED and data issues went away after uninstalling the OS from my desktop, doing a wipe, then with ZERO OS installed on my PC I simply connected to DM and let it update me back, it let me choose between 0.75 and 0.65.

May stick with this for a few and wait to see if an official comes in the next week or so.....
    03-26-09 01:11 PM
    can anyone offer specifics if they haved used both?

i know it has been addressed somewhere in the 65 pages...sorry.

if you don't want to respond, don't.

if you do, thank you.

I think .109 is great BTW....
    I think this build is slightly better than .109, never tried .114 because all the negative feedback. Did the bat pull after installation and it rebooted in under two minutes. The text highlight feature is leaps and bounds better than the original. No forced bat pulls and have been running since Tues night. I'd say go for it. Solid OS for me.
    03-26-09 01:11 PM
    hey guys I've been patrolling the forums since i got my storm back in December, but this is my first post . i just upgraded to .113 because i was previously on the "official" .75 and i couldn't wait anymore for verizon to release one. overall, .113 is a big step up from .75, everything just seems to run much smoother.

however, i do have a slight problem...I used to have my call logs on the home screen because it was easier to quickly call the people that i talk to the most. but when i upgraded to .113, the call log icon got replaced by the regular phone icon. so i was wondering if there was any way that i could get the call log button back because i would rather have the initial view of the phone go to dial pad in case i have to call a number quickly

Try this:
    Click on Phone Icon
    then BB Menu
    Options
    General Options
    Initial View
    Then select what you want the view to be when you click on the phone icon.
    03-26-09 01:15 PM
    What number is faster for tap interval and hover period? 100 or 1000?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-26-09 01:16 PM
    What number is faster for tap interval and hover period? 100 or 1000?

Mine is set to

(high) 6

i think the numbers are time in milliseconds.
    100ms = 0.1 Second
    1000ms = 1 second
    Someone correct me if i am wrong. :-P
    03-26-09 01:18 PM
1,157 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD