This is my 5th OS for the storm. It is working pretty good. The device seems to running a little quickier.
    If you have time to kill, it is worth the change from .114
    03-26-09 07:57 AM
    Well I am definitely noticing the lag on the browser typing.
    Anyone else noticed that GPS is no longer playing nice with google maps.
    More soon.
    03-26-09 08:50 AM
    I installed .113 mid afternoon yesterday, and the entire interface seems a tad snappier, i did notice a huge decrease in typing lag in the browser which is a huge plus for me. other than that it doesn't seem too much different than .109, I couldn't tell a difference in camera lag to be honest, but i'm very pleased with the quickness of opening apps, and switching between them. all in all it's worth the install from .109 for anyone who is thinking about it.
    03-26-09 08:50 AM
    .113 is best i've seen so far, VERY smooth transitions, no stoppy scrolling, better text selection, camera is faster....
    03-26-09 09:00 AM
    Well I am definitely noticing the lag on the browser typing.
    Anyone else noticed that GPS is no longer playing nice with google maps.
    More soon.
    I was never able to get GPS to play nice with Google Maps...
    03-26-09 09:01 AM
    i absolutley LOVE the text selection.. i think this feature makes this device 100 x better
    03-26-09 09:03 AM
    BTW I had this running for about 18 hours with no random reboots and no lockups. The memory went from about 48MB down to about 22 MB but I didn't notice any lag. Everything is still snappy. I'm doing a SoftReset now just to clear things out. I did notice a decrease in battery life yesterday. Normally I'm at about 75% when I plug it in when I go to bed but I was below 60% last night. All in all not too shabby...
    03-26-09 09:03 AM
    the MMS greyed out box issuse has return when forwarding or trying to send out saved pictures from my computer on the memory card and forwarding mms messages
    03-26-09 09:11 AM
    Also have had issues where it takes longer than usual to disconnect from a phone call after pressing the end button.
    03-26-09 09:12 AM
    I noticed poor batter life also. I just noticed that I have dim backlight set to 20 second but it was
    Taking close to a minute to dim. I changed it to 10 then back to 20 and now its working.
    I hope this helps battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 09:20 AM
    Upgraded from .75 to .113 and Mobile Banking has stopped working?? Have deleted and reinstalled and resent a new activation code from my Banks website but when going through the activation step Mobile Banking fails to connect? Any ideas? Am i missing something?
    Do you know what Mobile Banking client you are using? You should be able to use Options>Applications and click on the Mobile Banking application name to see the Vendor name.

Colin
    03-26-09 09:28 AM
    the MMS greyed out box issuse has return when forwarding or trying to send out saved pictures from my computer on the memory card and forwarding mms messages
    There is a fix but you have to pretend you're Dr Frankinstein...
    03-26-09 09:28 AM
    Very wierd too see how many vast differences between peoples storms! 113 has been the worst for me laggy, camera is horrible and it has rebooted on its own twice today? Im thinking of either going back to 109 or the 114 Hybrid?
    03-26-09 09:53 AM
    Has anyone noticed the file size of .113 being 104mb and .114 being 132 mb...that is a pretty big difference.

Any concerns or comments.
    03-26-09 09:55 AM
    Has anyone noticed the file size of .113 being 104mb and .114 being 132 mb...that is a pretty big difference.

Any concerns or comments.
    I believe because it is minus some multi langauges........First impression was Awsome! Then I noticed my sound alerts are still spotty, and my Free Memory began to leak down to about 10mb.........A battery pull and my FM has stayed at high 40s, phone running solid.........I have had no freeze ups, errors or alot of difficulties i had with.75

I'm not astonished being that I need message alerts to sound for my job! But from what i can tell it is a big improvement.
    03-26-09 10:17 AM
    one thing i noticed with the .113 was when a call come in when i am in the call the call id and the options it should have are all jacked up. i am going to remove talk lock to see if that resolves the issue. if any one has a fix for this hit me up or just post thanks oh yea batt pull done twice still same issue
    Last edited by mrkobra; 03-26-09 at 10:36 AM.
    03-26-09 10:34 AM
    yeah i'm losing caller ID as well, any ideas?
    03-26-09 10:35 AM
    hey guys I've been patrolling the forums since i got my storm back in December, but this is my first post . i just upgraded to .113 because i was previously on the "official" .75 and i couldn't wait anymore for verizon to release one. overall, .113 is a big step up from .75, everything just seems to run much smoother.

however, i do have a slight problem...I used to have my call logs on the home screen because it was easier to quickly call the people that i talk to the most. but when i upgraded to .113, the call log icon got replaced by the regular phone icon. so i was wondering if there was any way that i could get the call log button back because i would rather have the initial view of the phone go to dial pad in case i have to call a number quickly
    03-26-09 10:43 AM
    Well, I've had great success with .113 until yesterday and today. The battery has failed to fully charge properly two nights in a row. I put it in the dock and verify it is charging, but wake up to a half dead battery no longer charging. Today I plugged it into the computer usb and got a usb device failure message. I reset the storm, restarted the computer and reinstalled the .114 v2 hybrid.
    03-26-09 10:50 AM
    Ok well, the gps started working again and after my 4th battery pull things are much smoother.
    I have had 113 since last night around 8:30 loving the text editing feature. No random restarts. And I am delighted how easy it is to use full
    Qwerty in portrait view and also how easy to switch back and forth.

03-26-09 10:56 AM
    And the browser typing much more fluid as well.

03-26-09 10:57 AM
    Well, I've had great success with .113 until yesterday and today. The battery has failed to fully charge properly two nights in a row. I put it in the dock and verify it is charging, but wake up to a half dead battery no longer charging. Today I plugged it into the computer usb and got a usb device failure message. I reset the storm, restarted the computer and reinstalled the .114 v2 hybrid.
    Sounds like a hardware problem to me. The OS has Zero to do with the device charging.
    03-26-09 11:01 AM
    Does anyone know of a way to set the left side convenience key to my call log. I haven't been able to do so since .86
    03-26-09 11:05 AM
    I am fairly new to the BB world. Avoided it like a cold, preferred the WinMo devices. Tried the Storm out in late Nov - it felt and responded poorly.

Looked again a couple of weeks ago. I am now a convert.

OS .75 was good, tried out the BBCrackman's Hybrid - even better but a couple of issues. Along comes .113, decision to change platforms was confirmed.

Speed and responsiveness is terrific - light years ahead of the initial release.

This forum reminds me of PPC Geeks (I miss my buds there). Lots of know how, very friendly.
    03-26-09 11:06 AM
    battery life has been great. 55% and the phone has been running for 46 hours now.

memory is down to 12.4mb, but there hasnt been a drop in performance yet.
    03-26-09 11:07 AM
1,157 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD