Do a backup in desktop manager first. Then read the stickies on updating an OS very carefully and follow the instructions line by line. If you have any problems, come right back here for help restoring.
    Thanks!! I'll let you know how I made out.
    03-25-09 10:26 AM
    running .113
    03-25-09 10:26 AM
    I am having a problem with this for some reason. I have Desktop manager installed, downloaded update, installed. Launched manager and the manager doesnt find any updates when they are clearly there. I have uninstalled Desktop manager and the update and resinstalled both still no resolution. I had this problem with .114 as well and dont understand what the deal is with it. Any help would be good.
    With your phone plugged in to USB...

Go to C: Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Apploader, and open up loader.exe. That'll install it for you.
    03-25-09 10:30 AM
    was on .114. Been running for about 14 hours now. So far I've had two random reboots. Whenever I have a text ot email come in, I press on my screen and nothing happens. It just stays black. I noticed that if I let is sit there for a second, then the screen will come on. Everything else has been okay. I think .114 was a little better. I did not have a reboot or black screen with it and I had it running since it was leaked. So far, not satisfied and I hope this won't be an official release.
    Did you do a battery pull?
    If not, give it a try (one of those 3 minute ones).
    03-25-09 10:38 AM
    With your phone plugged in to USB...

Go to C: Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Apploader, and open up loader.exe. That'll install it for you.
    I am so lazy I put a shortcut on my desktop for the app loader...
    03-25-09 10:41 AM
    I've been happy since the .109 build. .113 seems very close. I have no idea about color banding so I won't comment. I had some video playback issues with .109 which I'm not finding with .113. Browser is good, i can actually load up Crackberry.com full website in a reasonable amount of time. The new copy and paste feature is there although I don't really understand how to use it.

I still find that running any other theme then the original adds a bit laggy. Over all I'm happy with it.
    03-25-09 10:45 AM
    My platform says 144 yet I thought. It was 161

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    .144 is correct.
    03-25-09 10:47 AM
    Not sure if this is new or not but I remember that if you put something new on your card like say music, vid, or pics you'd have to restart your phone to get it to show up. Now I get a "scanning" progress bar across the bottom when I go into media player and the media shows up with out the battery pull.
    03-25-09 10:50 AM
    i didnt read the whole forum to find out if anyone else posted this already so forgive me. but boys and girls .113 is the verizon official update that comes out at the beginning of next month. thats why it was leaked out of order. its already floating around doing some testing with some higher ups. love it or hate it, tis better than .75!!

they are releasing it officially about the same time the app store goes online early next month.
    What's that I smell??? Oh yes it's bull ****... thought I recognized it...
    03-25-09 10:52 AM
    Anyone have calander issues... such as duplicate enteries, all day events turning to scheduled events, one day events turning to two day events? I did a wipe and restored the previous backup. I will try to reload the backup and see what happens. Anyone have this issue and am I going about the right way to address the issue. Thank you.
    03-25-09 10:54 AM
    Anyone have calander issues... such as duplicate enteries, all day events turning to scheduled events, one day events turning to two day events? I did a wipe and restored the previous backup. I will try to reload the backup and see what happens. Anyone have this issue and am I going about the right way to address the issue. Thank you.
    Are you on a BES? I've seen that issue occur before with software updates followed by restores when on a BES. Not really sure why it happens. Either you can manually go through and update your calendar, or tthe BES admin can force a write of the calendar based off the info saved on the server.
    03-25-09 10:59 AM
    No BES. Just me and my computer. Hopefully a reload of the backup will resolve this. I hate manually fixing all that stuff.
    03-25-09 11:00 AM
    I'm downloading the Os now. I think I may be one of the few who usually had 52-55 memory at most times. Although with the hybrid I was dropping between 42-48. If this Release isn't up to par ill be pretty ticked off. Is there anyway Verizon will exchange phones after the 30 day exchange? I know most people love the storm but I'm getting annoyed with not having a great Os release.

They aren't obligated to exchange, but after reading several Verizon topics it seems to me the only thing constant regarding Verizon's rules are the inconsistencies. I have dust under my screen (imagine that) and searched throughout CB's forums to get an idea what to expect from VZ. I finally called last Thursday and was told to take it to the VZ store and have a tech look at it. I didn't argue or respond. I just figured I would keep calling until I got the answer I am looking for- send me a replacement, let ME swap apps, put .75 back on, etc.

P.S. I got mine 11/21/08.
    03-25-09 11:01 AM
    OK... that didn't work... I lost my background and ringtones set to default. And there is all sorts of duplicate entries now. I am gonna try to do a wipe then a reload.
    03-25-09 11:10 AM
    Go to options > advanced options > host routhing table > BB Button > register now

you will get a registration email and in about 30 seconds your browser will show up.

As far as the MMS issue if you're feeling ambitios there is a fix but you will have to Frankenstein the MMS file from .86 into .113
    Thanks for that!! I was having the same problems and that fixed it after a battery pull.
    03-25-09 11:12 AM
    Alright, I'm on .113 and everything seemed to be ok...but in the past 10 minutes or so my device has reset twice on its own after receiving an email. Does anyone have any information on this issue, I know instances like these are few and far between.

If it happens a few more times I'm going to either go back to .109 or re-install the OS. I did however notice the improvements of .113 immediately.
    03-25-09 11:16 AM
    So anyone know how to fix the MMS issue? Can I load it from another OS? And if so How? Best OS yet, but this is my only issue?
    03-25-09 11:24 AM
    This is my first BB, I have the 9530. How do you do a battery pull?

Thanks for any help.
    03-25-09 11:26 AM
    This is my first BB, I have the 9530. How do you do a battery pull?

Thanks for any help.
    You pull the battery?

Just turn it off first just in case.
    03-25-09 11:28 AM
    so i downloaded and installed .113 lastnight with the help of the forum topics, thanks alot you guys for being really good at what you do........BUT

today i noticed something weird, i was getting alot of texts and my screens all the sudden did like a split screen kinda thing where the top went to the bottom and the bottom stayed up top, and in the other mode it was cut in half and reversed also, anyone else have that problem?

I did a battery pull so i guess we'll see if that fixes it.
    03-25-09 11:33 AM
    This is my first try with a leaked OS.

I've been using Bell's .76 OS since I got the phone in early January and all I can say is wow!!!

.113 is such a big step up from .76. I installed it yesterday and when I give the phone a command I cannot believe how much faster the response is!!!

I was usually around 15-25 mb memory with .76, now I have yet to drop below 30 mb.

My biggest issue with .113 is that I use the Storm at the gym for MP3's and about every other song the volume jumps from normal to very low. I have to hit the mute button to mute the song and then hit it again to get the normal volume back. This would only happen to me once in a while on .76. But I can live with that if it's my biggest issue.
    03-25-09 11:33 AM
    Thats it? because I want to download the .113 but everyone talks about a battery pull. I was not sure what they were talking about.

Thanks!
    03-25-09 11:34 AM
    Kace- did you try clearing your messages and turning your profile to phone calls only- that trick works on .109

It lowers it to alert you you have a message.
    03-25-09 11:35 AM
    That would be nice.. but... just the date 4/1, kind of makes me suspicious. April fool's day? Hmmm
    I'm sincerely hoping that RIM was fooling all of us...including Apple...with these incremental non-updates. I'm hoping for a killer official release on April 1st that blows away the iphone and all of these betas. They can't seriously have had all this time and just added a fancy outline to the copy paste cursor. I mean come on. I got this phone because I truly believe it is the true iphone killer...or at least much better competition than anything else out there.

I don't have any thoughts yet on .113 since I haven't loaded it. I'm thinking ill wait til the 1st and see if anything official drops.
    03-25-09 11:36 AM
    .109 was very good. This is better. The touch screen feels more responsive and accurate. I had to re-install weatherbug. That's the only problem so far. Keep up the good work everyone and thanks for all the info.
    03-25-09 11:36 AM
1,157 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD