How do you get the old SurePress keyboard setup back?? The new one isn't as good IMHO.
    Should be able to go anywhere with the keyboard up ... BB Button>Enable Reduced Keyboard
    03-25-09 09:30 AM
    Camera faster? The accellerator better?
    I'm still on .75, and I didn't want to take a step until the right time

[Thanks for taking the time out as well]
    Accelerometer is great (especially if you're coming from .75). I would say the camera is very fast on all functions: quick to start, focus, and save.
    03-25-09 09:32 AM
    Ive been pretty happy with it so far. I was on .75 since I wanted to wait for an actual worthy OS upgrade and this seems to be it. Accelometer is a lot snapier, scrolling is a lot smoother, havent had any SMS or MMS problems, phone calls seem to be clearer, I can finally actually record videos without the phone freezing and then having to do a battery pull, battery seems to be doing a little better, oh and I also like that phone lock is a lot faster and if you press the screen the screen doesnt turn on so it saves battery, instead you have to click one of the 3 buttons on the bottom to turn it on. We'll see how this lasts. It seems to be pretty solid so far but whos knows what may happen.
    I'm downloading the Os now. I think I may be one of the few who usually had 52-55 memory at most times. Although with the hybrid I was dropping between 42-48. If this Release isn't up to par ill be pretty ticked off. Is there anyway Verizon will exchange phones after the 30 day exchange? I know most people love the storm but I'm getting annoyed with not having a great Os release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm downloading the Os now. I think I may be one of the few who usually had 52-55 memory at most times. Although with the hybrid I was dropping between 42-48. If this Release isn't up to par ill be pretty ticked off. Is there anyway Verizon will exchange phones after the 30 day exchange? I know most people love the storm but I'm getting annoyed with not having a great Os release.

03-25-09 09:33 AM
    Hey man, if you go to crackberry forums and then Storm beta OS discussion, look at the top where the stickies are and the fifth one down you will see.....DO NOT INSTALL OS UPGRADES USING WINDOWS 7. There is a usb issue with windows 7, you have to use vista or xp.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/do...ws-7-a-136316/
    I installed both 109 and then 113 with no problems and I'm using Windows 7 and I'm not a beta tester. The Windows 7 sticky should be removed it is not true.

The DM seems more stable on 113 then 109 for me anyway.
    03-25-09 09:34 AM
    I don't know if anyone else is having a problem or why this happened but I was at The Eagles concert last night and attempted recording a video on my Storm with .113 installed. It seemed to record OK but when I went to save it everything jammed up. I had to do a battery pull in a dark arena to restart my storm and when I attempted to play the file back it said "unsupported format." WTF, it filmed the darn thing.

I tried again when I got home to record somthing off television and while it allowed me to save I still got the "unsupported format" message. Then I tried just doing a video around the room and describing what I was looking at and that took just fine.

Anybody else having video issues?
    I saw that for the first time on a customer's phone yesterday. I advised him to go to corporate and get it replaced under manufacturer's warranty. Some phones just get weird bugs in them.
    03-25-09 09:34 AM
    I am running 113 with the java files from hybrid 114 v2. memory starts around 59mb and after the day ends it drops to 55-56mb.

everything is fast, quick, camera is excellent, very little hourglass symbols ever, and internet loads quick.
    03-25-09 09:40 AM
    I was using the Marcus .114 hybrid until I dl the .113 last night...tho I really didn't have any problem w/Marcus' hybrid, but wanted to try this one...I have to say the .113 is a little faster for me in every way, the MMS problem is easily fixed, and I have never had the color depth problems others have. For those that have issues w/.113, you might want to try the Marcus hybrid...just a thought.

03-25-09 09:45 AM
    I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for convincing me to upgrade to .113. I was ready to scrap my Storm until now (I was running .75 before... I know, total loser).

It's really like having a new phone. I haven't had any problems yet and have been running it for 24 hours. Everything is much quicker, including the browser and camera.

If you are STILL waiting for an official upgrade from Verizon (as I was), don't waste anymore time. Install .113... you will be MUCH happier!
    03-25-09 09:51 AM
    No problems with video, everything faster, love qwerty in portrait, no battery pulls, green go button helps, colors better in photo/video, phone touchpad bigger
    03-25-09 09:53 AM
    I'm happier with this OS. I was running the .113/.114 hybrid before and was have problems with a slow switch from landscape to portrait, but now it's fast. I just changed last night so I will see how today goes.
    03-25-09 10:03 AM
    I tried .114 and hated it. I hope .113 is better.
    03-25-09 10:03 AM
    I am having a problem with this for some reason. I have Desktop manager installed, downloaded update, installed. Launched manager and the manager doesnt find any updates when they are clearly there. I have uninstalled Desktop manager and the update and resinstalled both still no resolution. I had this problem with .114 as well and dont understand what the deal is with it. Any help would be good.
    03-25-09 10:10 AM
    Hi everyone! I am a Blackberry virgin; got the Storm and am hooked! I wanted to ask about upgrading to v.113.... My Storm came loaded with v4.7.0.75 (only had it for 3 wks)...so with what I've been reading I really should upgrade it to 113, correct?

Any necessary precautions I should take before undergoing this task? I read where you should do a battery pull after it downloads. Anything else?

Thanks and please take it easy on me...Have a great day!

Beverly
    03-25-09 10:10 AM
    Hi everyone! I am a Blackberry virgin; got the Storm and am hooked! I wanted to ask about upgrading to v.113.... My Storm came loaded with v4.7.0.75 (only had it for 3 wks)...so with what I've been reading I really should upgrade it to 113, correct?

Any necessary precautions I should take before undergoing this task? I read where you should do a battery pull after it downloads. Anything else?

Thanks and please take it easy on me...Have a great day!

Beverly
    Do a backup in desktop manager first. Then read the stickies on updating an OS very carefully and follow the instructions line by line. If you have any problems, come right back here for help restoring.
    03-25-09 10:13 AM
    I haven't had a battery pull since I've installed this version. Scrolling through the blackberry menus is smooth. And when taking a picture, as I press the button for the camera to focus, then press harder for the actual picture to take and I must say it's pretty quick.

However we really can't watch the memory drops or the signal drops. I don't think a business person would have the screen up where it shows the signal strength and the memory the phone is using (as a consumeres point of view). All i care is that the phone doesn't freeze, taking a picture easily, and that the accelerometer is quick.

I wish that they can have the letters pop out when you have your finger point at a letter when typing. The glow is ok, I just liiked how the LG dare had the letters poping out.
    03-25-09 10:15 AM
    Downloading .113 now. I hope my memory improves. I deleted Google Maps, Buzz Me, and Virtual Arts, signed out of Windows IM, turned off GPS, disabled bluetooth, and deleted other 3rd party apps and I still can't get above 29mb after a battery pull. I've read about people running apps and getting 45+. I know this thread is supposed to be about the .113 OS, but does anybody know about a thread discussing how to improve this?
    03-25-09 10:16 AM
    Personally, I've had every leak and Franken-OS since the start, and for me, this .113 incarnation has been the best to date. My memory has remained stable in the mid to upper 30's, nice transitions between portrait and landscape, radio seems solid, browser is snappy.

I had settled back into .109 for the past week or so, and, like every other OS addict, jumped on .113 when it hit fully expecting to be back to .109. I am a heavy user of SMS, 4 e-mail accounts, and as an iPod replacement, and it is holding strong.

As with all of these, it seems like experiences vary widely from device to device, but all overt signs are that .113 is as near to production ready as anything we have seen thus far.
    brian> how does your battery hold up to all that? i dont use mine as much and it barely lasts me a full day...
    03-25-09 10:17 AM
    Downloading .113 now. I hope my memory improves. I deleted Google Maps, Buzz Me, and Virtual Arts, signed out of Windows IM, turned off GPS, disabled bluetooth, and deleted other 3rd party apps and I still can't get above 29mb after a battery pull. I've read about people running apps and getting 45+. I know this thread is supposed to be about the .113 OS, but does anybody know about a thread discussing how to improve this?
    There are threads in the tips and tricks subforum that will help. Downloading crackmem is a first step to remove the .cod files for the programs you will not need to use and the stock wallpaper files. Also, when loading through apploader, I unselect things like tasks, password keeper, notes, bb maps, games, docs to go, voice dialing etc and it frees up A LOT of app memory. I start at 52MB.
    03-25-09 10:19 AM
    Technically, you are fixing it. The phones been broke since .65.

Technically, the components of the phone work just fine out of the box. The OS has been messed up since .65. But even then, it worked. Slow, clunky, and rebooted if you even glanced at it, but worked nonetheless.

There is a whole he11 of a lot of tech in this lil "phone". It would have been a first in the history of electronics that it work perfectly to everyone's different standards.

I love my Storm. I loved it out of the box when it was clunky. I loved it because I knew that it was an OS issue and those can be fixed, changed, modified, played with, fondled, lovingly caressed... uh, wait... what was my point..?

Better then the first iPhones that were crap tech from day one so they had to come out with another version.

Sorry... didnt mean to hijack... I like .113 and will prolly keep it.

George
    03-25-09 10:21 AM
    My platform says 144 yet I thought. It was 161

03-25-09 10:22 AM
    HELP!!! I upgraded to .113 last night and I cant send MMS and my browser is gone. Someone please help. I tried a reset and nothing happened. Someone please help
    Go to options > advanced options > host routhing table > BB Button > register now

you will get a registration email and in about 30 seconds your browser will show up.

As far as the MMS issue if you're feeling ambitios there is a fix but you will have to Frankenstein the MMS file from .86 into .113
    03-25-09 10:22 AM
    Last night i attempted to run the update using a Windows 7 beta OS and it turned my storm into a brick. Nothing but a little flashing red light. Luckaly i have an XP machine at home and was able to bypass the Desktop Manager and brought it back, even installed the .113 OS. JUst a word of warning to all the beta people like myself.
    03-25-09 10:24 AM
    Last night i attempted to run the update using a Windows 7 beta OS and it turned my storm into a brick. Nothing but a little flashing red light. Luckaly i have an XP machine at home and was able to bypass the Desktop Manager and brought it back, even installed the .113 OS. JUst a word of warning to all the beta people like myself.
    thats why certain things are "stickied" on this forum.. like so...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/do...ws-7-a-136316/
    03-25-09 10:25 AM
1,157 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD