Well got my first "Memory Card Inserted" error. Every time I had to reboot my phone when I was running .114 I had to remove the memory card until the phone finished booting up and the reinsert it! What a PAIN IN THE A$$!!!! Looks like I'm headed down the same road here!!!
    03-25-09 12:34 AM
    Here's a nifty rumor for you that's posted on Blackberryos.com...

New OS's rumored for both 9500 and the 9530: 4.7.0.185 & 4.7.0.188
    By Andrew on March 24, 2009 8:37 PM

According to a source, on April 1, RIM is to release a new official OS. 9500 and 9530,a leak from the Department of North American research and development. The official version OS are 4.7 .0.188, and OS 4.7.0.185. specific new features yet to be announced.

Assuming this is true, then we are using beta's from MONTHS ago... I can only imagine the advances they have made since .113 or .114.
    Damn... hope this isnt some sick april fools day joke
    03-25-09 12:40 AM
    I don't know if anyone has said it yet since i'm too lazy to read the ones before, but the accelerometer is a lot better than .114. I didn't realize how much more i liked the really sensitive accelerometer.
    I've tried every OS and for me, .114 had the worst accelerometer. I agree completely. Relief.
    03-25-09 12:43 AM
    "Department of North American research and development"

You don't say!
    03-25-09 12:43 AM
    Is the New Cut and Paste Feature on the new .113 OS?
    03-25-09 12:44 AM
    Did anyone else lose their hidden calendar in their hidden today theme. All the items are in the calendar but they aren't showing on the today theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have had this problem ever since .109. I have just gotten used to it.
    SOLUTION: You need to go through and delete all your appointments and then re-create them. This will allow them to show up on the home screen.
    You will need to delete and re-create -- simply re-saving DOES NOT WORK.

It's a pain, but considering the functioning of the phone, it is worth it.
    03-25-09 12:45 AM
    Okay so I finally installed .113, I was really hesitant since the V1 hybrid was working so well for me. Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference, accelerometer might be a hair quicker, camera might be hair quicker but that is all I have noticed so far. I always hovered around 40MB of memory with all of my apps and that is about the same. I hope this isn't the official release version because I was really expecting a few new features.
    03-25-09 12:48 AM
    Ive been using this all day, and its the best OS Ive tried so far. Fast screen transitions, accelerometer is workin like a champ, and my application memory is at 50 + for the most part. I just got my magic magnet holster in, and EVERYTIME I have holstered it for more than 15 seconds, the app memory goes back up to 51.2.

Overall a great build (so far)
    03-25-09 12:48 AM
    Is the New Cut and Paste Feature on the new .113 OS?
    03-25-09 12:51 AM
    The full keyboard in portrait mode is actually available in 4.7.0.103...ok...I'm a little behind but I just got my Storm a couple of weeks ago and just upgraded to .103. Gettin ready to upgrade to .113.
    03-25-09 12:51 AM
    Anyone PLeaseee! Is the New Cut and Paste Feature on the new .113 OS?
    03-25-09 12:55 AM
    I think so? its the good one. I think its the same as .114
    03-25-09 01:01 AM
    just downloaded
    the typing still can't keep up with me
    i find myself waiting after each sentence
    i'll be really dissapointed if this is the official release.
    03-25-09 01:02 AM
    I am using .114 and want to downgrade to .113 the DM keeps saying no upgrade is needed, and when I attempt to download to a lower version I get the same response.. I deleted my OS system from my laptop and tried to install the newer /younger verision and keep getting the same message...I have also walked a hundred miles down google lane with negative results came anyone help..I am still a newbie...please help....
    03-25-09 01:03 AM
    wow dude you don't have to SPAM the thread every 5 minutes!!!!
    03-25-09 01:07 AM
    Just made the jump from .103 to .113. Really liking the improvements! Much quicker accelerometer.

*conazo- To answer your question, YES the new cut and paste feature is there and is absolutely awesome!
    03-25-09 01:09 AM
    yes, yes, yes, yes...
    03-25-09 01:12 AM
    Just made the jump from .103 to .113. Really liking the improvements! Much quicker accelerometer.

*conazo- To answer your question, YES the new cut and paste feature is there and is absolutely awesome!

03-25-09 01:14 AM
    Thanks a lot vzwpru much appreciated.

03-25-09 01:15 AM
    I finally had time to update lol.

Anyways

My findings, MMS issue was there, just replaced the cod file.
    Going from .90 to .113
    Pros
    -Accelerometer is faster and portrait to landscape is smoother
    -Switching/closing app is faster and a smooth transition
    -Stereo BT for video is working
    -Camera is faster
    -Video camera works well
    -Browser seems faster
    -Memory is better, about 5mb gain. As for the leak-not sure, only been using it for an hour
    -GPS is getting a position faster, gmaps is faster loading and getting a GPS signal is quick

Con
    -MMS issue so far for now
    Last edited by RHChan84; 03-25-09 at 01:21 AM.
    03-25-09 01:16 AM
    Does Cut and Paste=the way to plagerize your way to the top? I really don't see that much use for it to whine.
    03-25-09 01:17 AM
    yes, yes, yes, yes...
    Thanks

03-25-09 01:18 AM
    i have to say that so far i have no complaints and 109 was HORRIBLE!! i had to battery pull a dozen times a day on 109 screen transition sucked camera lag was unbelieveable i almost had verizon replace it with a totally different phone! 114 sucked too but 113 took all (or at least most) of my headaches away! I text and email a LOT and use the sure type screen the most! I love the way the new slider box comes up to position where you want to change a letter or insert text and ** you can click on the letter and it pops up the next ;etter available! all the isues with battery life etc i think is because a lot of people are trying to use this phone like a PDA (HTC MOGUL etc) and I dont believe it was designed that way. I have a mogul for work and its a true PDA phone and was designed for multi multi tasking although awkward at times it does not fail me the storm however kicks its *** in the multimedia department... just thought id throw 65 cents in
    nifty little update.
    I went from .114 hybrid to this. I am now sitting at 49.8 MB
    This has probably been answered, I searched but could not find exactly the answer... but is there any way that I can apply a software update on my mac? I am currently using "The Missing Sync" version 2.0 (it lets me sync over bluetooth which is pretty cool), is there any way I could use that program to load up an update? Thanks for your help guys!

...back to playing Left 4 Dead.
    03-25-09 01:21 AM
1,157 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD