Check out this thread, should help.
    sending the service books did the trick. thanks for your help.
    03-24-09 01:18 AM
    First Impression......

loads apps faster. My Glass theme sped up. After batt pull i started with 42.7mb free mem. Started 3 games and purposely left them running in BG. Open browser and slacker radio. checked mem 42.5 MB Free. Very impressive. I will be sportin this OS on my Storm for awhile.

Rechecked memory after 5 minutes of running same apps in BG. 42.3 MB free. Very impressive
    Last edited by bammazon; 03-24-09 at 01:29 AM. Reason: update
    03-24-09 01:24 AM
    Hey ..... how do I install a different radio for os 113... I have a storm on t-mobile ... I was using .76 and always had EDGE now i can barely connect and mostly have edge..... anything you know or a link would be nice.
    Thanks
    Sean
    The radio file is contained in the CDMA folder which can be found in shared/loader folder. If you have .76 copy the file from the CDMA folder (will be the only file in there) and paste it into the CDMA folder. Click yes to overwrite and then reinstall the OS. That should do the trick.
    03-24-09 01:28 AM
    First Impression......

loads apps faster. My Glass theme sped up. After batt pull i started with 42.7mb free mem. Started 3 games and purposely left them running in BG. Open browser and slacker radio. checked mem 42.5 MB Free. Very impressive. I will be sportin this OS on my Storm for awhile.
    I agree, this is a good one.
    03-24-09 01:29 AM
    I hope I have time tomorrow to do this update, been trying to update my phone for over a month.
    03-24-09 01:30 AM
    I hope I have time tomorrow to do this update, been trying to update my phone for over a month.
    What seems to be the problem or just don't have enough time?
    03-24-09 01:32 AM
    Middle of a big project for my job, been going back and fourth between home (MA) and TX for over a month.

I have all the OS installed on my PC, just not on my phone lol.
    03-24-09 01:33 AM
    Has anyone else noticed the phone coming out of lock by itself? I noticed if after locking it and setting it down in my car, then it suddenly popped back out by itself without touching anything.
    03-24-09 01:43 AM
    Middle of a big project for my job, been going back and fourth between home (MA) and TX for over a month.

I have all the OS installed on my PC, just not on my phone lol.
    Sorry to hear that. One of these days
    03-24-09 01:44 AM
    Has anyone else noticed the phone coming out of lock by itself? I noticed if after locking it and setting it down in my car, then it suddenly popped back out by itself without touching anything.
    I have not had that issue.
    03-24-09 01:45 AM
    I can just install this right over .114 right? No need to wipe?
    03-24-09 01:48 AM
    Yup no need to wipe. No file mixing pretty simple install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 01:51 AM
    I just installed and am losing my mind. After the battery pull I was at 30 mb, which is the highest I ever had for memory. I was kind of disappointed based on everyone elses crazy numbers, but after playing around for a few minutes I noticed I was on 1xev, instead of 1XEV. Then BOOM! Random restart.... I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling
    03-24-09 01:52 AM
    While I always do a wipe you do not need to you can install it over .114. Just make sure .114 is deleted from you computer before installing.
    03-24-09 01:52 AM
    Its all coming back slowly. Have to find my MMS, that disappeared. The only thing I have really noticed is when I do quickpull, I cant highlight the yes by touching it. I have to go above it, almost sliding my thumb up to scroll for it to register the input. Odd I would say. The biggest thing is I have 54.5 mb app memory. I cant believe that.
    03-24-09 02:01 AM
    This was my first ever wipe/beta OS install - sounded too intense for me but I thought, what the ****. So I went for it, upgrading from .75 to .113.

Here are my observations:

MUCH higher free memory. Went from 32mb free to 52mb free

Much smoother transitions

No lag

While it's a minor issue, I'm noticing that neither Slacker nor FlyCast seem to work. Also, when saving photos from my memory card as wallpaper, it's automatically stretching it to fit the screen - and I'd like the option to NOT have that happen. (Anyone suggest a fix?)

Otherwise it seems great!
    03-24-09 03:13 AM
    Gonna give it a shot... if it doesn't work just another excuse to play!!!
    03-24-09 03:14 AM
    So far so good. Memory never gets as low as it used to. Very happy with .113. Only wish the color thing could be fixed.
    03-24-09 12:08 PM
    Knowing that everyone will have a different experiance here is what I found coming from 114Hybrid:

Screen Flip: Works Much Better
    Visual Voice Mail Works
    There seems to be less keyboard lag
    Switching Between Functions (Aps, Menu and the like) seems slower
    BB Messenger Works Fine
    MMS: Works Fine
    I have completed three battery pulls, once because after the initail install, once after updating third-party applications and once because the phone locked up.

I have read most of the posts today and I cannot for the life of me determine if this is a ligit update, but the end result is that it works (so far) for me. Thank you to all that have had something useful to say and thank those who have made me laugh. This forum cracks me up (no pun intended).
    03-24-09 01:34 PM
    when you go to applications on your bb and look at modules, what it the date for the modules that have the 4.7...113 version #? Please take a look and let me know.

03-24-09 03:14 PM
    Does this version, like the .114, have the problems with the SureType (for numberic keypad) not working while using the phone function?
    03-24-09 03:57 PM
    when you go to applications on your bb and look at modules, what it the date for the modules that have the 4.7...113 version #? Please take a look and let me know.

I have Feb. 27, 2009.
    03-24-09 03:57 PM
    getting it while im at work
    03-24-09 03:58 PM
    Happy with this .113

More memory, seems more responsive. Haven't had any bugs with it yet today to report.
    03-24-09 04:01 PM
    well i just upgraded to the .114 v2 hybrid a few days ago. and its done me nothing but good since then, i have no complaints about it. but according to this, .113 is better. now im really concerned because with the v2 hybrid im at an all time high 54.8 mb of free space and i dont wanna lose that....but i think i'll give this a try, wish me luck!

*been running the .113 for about 30 min now and just ran into my first reset...ive got my same 54.8 mb of space but i havent had a reset since i upgraded to .103 when it came out...kinda pissed and will give this another shot. if my phone decides to reset again, its back to .114 v2 hybrid for me*
    Last edited by rob_ashsu; 03-24-09 at 05:27 PM. Reason: reset
    03-24-09 04:01 PM
1,157 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD