ok latest findings... after waiting about 20 min after 2nd reboot my phione does seeem a lot quicker so far with typing in landscape mode. portrait mode hasn't been tested yet. as fasr as loading pictures, it does seem a bit faster again finally although i am still testing it out so i'll have to come back and report to you later though.
    Sweet, sounds like you are digging .113. Don't get me wrong still plenty of room for improvement but its best non-hybrid build so far. Can't imagine what all .130 (or whatever the lastest non-released/leaked build) will have and how fast.
    03-24-09 12:07 AM
    mine keeps getting worse since install. slower and slower. more and more lag as the minutes go by. consequently i installed it on the gf's storm and she loves it. says it works way better than 109. mine feels likes its at .65
    03-24-09 12:09 AM
    mine keeps getting worse since install. slower and slower. more and more lag as the minutes go by. consequently i installed it on the gf's storm and she loves it. says it works way better than 109. mine feels likes its at .65
    Battery pull and let it sit idle for about 20 mins. Also, check your ABOUT screen to see that the correct OS was installed.
    03-24-09 12:11 AM
    ok the only thing is with the .113 if you have a custom ringtone for a contact or a group of contacts, and you set your profile to vibrate the .113 s/w will still ring!!! with the .109 the phone stayed on vibrate.. to me this is a very annoying thing..has anyone else here expereinced this yet? Other things do seem to be going faster though..
    03-24-09 12:15 AM
    ok the only thing is with the .113 if you have a custom ringtone for a contact or a group of contacts, and you set your profile to vibrate the .113 s/w will still ring!!! with the .109 the phone stayed on vibrate.. to me this is a very annoying thing..has anyone else here expereinced this yet? Other things do seem to be going faster though..
    i do not have this problem. i just set mine to vibrate only and used my wifes storm to call mine and it only vibrated. i turned it back to normal and it had the custome tone w/ vibrating.
    03-24-09 12:19 AM
    Yes I did notice when I lay my phone flat it only goes into landscape about 10% of the time now compared to before. My memory is SHOCKINGLY not dropping off as quick as it did with the .114 hybrid v2 and 1. I loved hybrid v2 and v1 but this one has even given me more memory as of now.
    03-24-09 12:19 AM
    Yes I did notice when I lay my phone flat it only goes into landscape about 10% of the time now compared to before. My memory is SHOCKINGLY not dropping off as quick as it did with the .114 hybrid v2 and 1. I loved hybrid v2 and v1 but this one has even given me more memory as of now.
    ditto for my device as well
    03-24-09 12:21 AM
    i do not have this problem. i just set mine to vibrate only and used my wifes storm to call mine and it only vibrated. i turned it back to normal and it had the custome tone w/ vibrating.
    i do have this problem because i set a custom profile to my house number and it didn't ibrate it rang. when i reset the ringtone for my house back to stock and set it to vibrate, it just vibrated! sometimes when i load up a picture though, some pictures do take a few seconds up to a min longer to load up vs. others which are almost instantaneous. this i just don't understand.
    03-24-09 12:22 AM
    Battery pull and let it sit idle for about 20 mins. Also, check your ABOUT screen to see that the correct OS was installed.
    pulled the battery about five times now since i installed three hours ago. had 109 on there before with no issues. it just gets worse. no third party apps. no themes. only thing on my phone is sms, email and bbm
    03-24-09 12:22 AM
    yeah that does sound weird..like i said i came from .109 as well and after i popped my battery the 2nd time, it does seem to be getting a bit better.
    03-24-09 12:24 AM
    i do have this problem because i set a custom profile to my house number and it didn't ibrate it rang. when i reset the ringtone for my house back to stock and set it to vibrate, it just vibrated! sometimes when i load up a picture though, some pictures do take a few seconds up to a min longer to load up vs. others which are almost instantaneous. this i just don't understand.
    thats crazy. i have had a custom ringtone for my wife since the day i got my storm. on .75 obviously it would still ring when on vibrate only. on all leaks ive used that went away. with .113 it still only vibrates on vibrate only for me. hopefully you can fix this without creating a custom profile.
    03-24-09 12:25 AM
    pulled the battery about five times now since i installed three hours ago. had 109 on there before with no issues. it just gets worse. no third party apps. no themes. only thing on my phone is sms, email and bbm
    That sucks. Have you tried re-installing the OS? Seems like you have a rare case going on.
    03-24-09 12:25 AM
    thats crazy. i have had a custom ringtone for my wife since the day i got my storm. on .75 obviously it would still ring when on vibrate only. on all leaks ive used that went away. with .113 it still only vibrates on vibrate only for me. hopefully you can fix this without creating a custom profile.
    yeah i'm not sure what to do. this was the SAME issue i had with my .75 s/w ..drove me nuts. problem went away with .109. you don't have that problem at all and you've got custom ringtones for people in your contact list?
    03-24-09 12:28 AM
    That sucks. Have you tried re-installing the OS? Seems like you have a rare case going on.
    no. not yet. i'll sleep on it and see what the morning brings and figure it out from there. thanks though. i really do appreciate it
    03-24-09 12:33 AM
    yeah definitely let us know what happens. i hope it all works out for you that's for sure.
    03-24-09 12:34 AM
    yeah definitely let us know what happens. i hope it all works out for you that's for sure.
    come to think of it, when i installed mine it completely whiped out all my contacts and pretty much reset it to out of the box new and i had to go in after the fact and restore everything (good thing i backed it up) but then i installed it on my gf's moments later and hers came out of it with everything still on it just like it was right before i installed this .113. any thoughts. Hers works great and she says there is no issues while mine feels like it is on .65. both installs were from the same computer and were done back to back.
    03-24-09 12:42 AM
    no. not yet. i'll sleep on it and see what the morning brings and figure it out from there. thanks though. i really do appreciate it
    No problem. I hope it ends up working out for you. Good luck!
    03-24-09 12:45 AM
    come to think of it, when i installed mine it completely whiped out all my contacts and pretty much reset it to out of the box new and i had to go in after the fact and restore everything (good thing i backed it up) but then i installed it on my gf's moments later and hers came out of it with everything still on it just like it was right before i installed this .113. any thoughts. Hers works great and she says there is no issues while mine feels like it is on .65. both installs were from the same computer and were done back to back.
    Yup, I would start from scratch. Be sure to clear your BB's browser cache before updating. Sometimes this helps re-install your personal data, 3rd party apps, contacts and settings.
    03-24-09 12:47 AM
    i lost the app center. how do i get it back?
    03-24-09 12:48 AM
    alright. i'll give that a whirl.
    03-24-09 12:50 AM
    i lost the app center. how do i get it back?
    Have you done a battery pull?
    03-24-09 12:51 AM
    Thanks mark and eppllps.........gonna throw my trusty .90 radio code in there
    Hey ..... how do I install a different radio for os 113... I have a storm on t-mobile ... I was using .76 and always had EDGE now i can barely connect and mostly have edge..... anything you know or a link would be nice.
    Thanks
    Sean
    03-24-09 01:03 AM
    Have you done a battery pull?
    yeah. several times.
    03-24-09 01:04 AM
    yeah. several times.
    Have you resent your service books?
    03-24-09 01:05 AM
    yeah. several times.
    Check out this thread, should help.
    03-24-09 01:08 AM