LMAO!!!
    Thank you.

Don't drink and upgrade.
    03-23-09 11:25 PM
    thanks got it but i actually dont like it. it is fast ill give it that but so is my standard browser and when you click to type the url the keyboard doesnt auto load and no green go button
    Yeah, Opera takes a bit to get used to. I use it for more complicated sites that normally take forever to download on my BB browser. However, it is very fast!
    03-23-09 11:26 PM
    this OS is pretty solid. Highly recommend
    03-23-09 11:27 PM
    Go ahead and put battery back in and let it run idle for 20-30, sorry if I was unclear about that. The phone needs to boot up and sit idle so that everything has had a chance to process. Hope that help!
    hahah ok thanks for the updated info. i'm powering my storm up now and then i'll still let it sit idle for like 20 - 30 min like you suggest and hope to god that that actually works. I'll let you know. thank again for the update though!!
    03-23-09 11:28 PM
    hahah ok thanks for the updated info. i'm powering my storm up now and then i'll still let it sit idle for like 20 - 30 min like you suggest and hope to god that that actually works. I'll let you know. thank again for the update though!!

NP, glad to help and I hope it works. Someone else stated it worked out for them.
    03-23-09 11:30 PM
    haha well i'm once again praying to god tha it actually works out for me as well. Like i said, i'll let you know what happens.. I"m hoping for the best here though that's for sure because i am reading that Everyone is loving the .113 version so far. it's by far the best s/w version out that's what everyone is saying. i can't wait to see how quickly the phone can transition into differeing windows though. well actually how quickly the phone can process anything. lol
    03-23-09 11:32 PM
    haha well i'm once again praying to god tha it actually works out for me as well. Like i said, i'll let you know what happens.. I"m hoping for the best here though that's for sure because i am reading that Everyone is loving the .113 version so far. it's by far the best s/w version out that's what everyone is saying. i can't wait to see how quickly the phone can transition into differeing windows though. well actually how quickly the phone can process anything. lol
    What version are you switching from?
    03-23-09 11:34 PM
    Fellas...if this ones a dud like all the other ones....you gotta try the bbcrackerman hydrid v2. I'm very picky just like everyone and then speed of the entire phone is great. I'm not sure I'm going to upgrade anymore its that gd.
    03-23-09 11:35 PM
    i'm switching from .109..
    03-23-09 11:36 PM
    These are my findings coming from .114:

1. Memory seems a bit lower. At 38.0 after battery pull. Don't remember exactly what it was before but believe in the low 40's.
    2. Transition from portrait to landscape about the same, maybe a tad faster.
    3. Transition from landscape to portrait much faster. It used to get stuck in landscape and had to the shake thing to get to transition.
    4. Reboot time after battery pull much SLOWER, which contradicts other's findings. Just before load, reboot took 5:20. After load, I did to consecutive battery pulls which took 9:20 and 10:06 respectively. I actually thought it was never going to load.
    03-23-09 11:38 PM
    i'm switching from .109..
    I think you will like it. I switched from the .114 Hybrid V2 and it was awesome. This one may be a bit faster than the hybrid...not a huge difference though. Plus this has the newer copy/paste feature. I didn't notice much of a memory increase, if any, with this build like others have. However, I'm running several apps. My take is whats the point of having a smartphone if you aren't gonna utilize the apps avail.
    Last edited by Pholey22; 03-23-09 at 11:42 PM.
    03-23-09 11:39 PM
    ok in another few more minutes i'm going to actually start testing my phone out again and see if i can notice any spee differences when changing screens, and portrait and landscape views. I will update everyone in a few minutes.
    03-23-09 11:41 PM
    4. Reboot time after battery pull much SLOWER, which contradicts other's findings. Just before load, reboot took 5:20. After load, I did to consecutive battery pulls which took 9:20 and 10:06 respectively. I actually thought it was never going to load.
    Same here, didn't notice a faster reboot either. Maybe it has to do with how many apps we are running. I have several installed on my phone.
    03-23-09 11:41 PM
    has anyone tried running where on this. it kept crashing on my 114 hybrid v1
    03-23-09 11:42 PM
    ok in another few more minutes i'm going to actually start testing my phone out again and see if i can notice any spee differences when changing screens, and portrait and landscape views. I will update everyone in a few minutes.
    drum roll......
    These are my findings coming from .114:

1. Memory seems a bit lower. At 38.0 after battery pull. Don't remember exactly what it was before but believe in the low 40's.
    2. Transition from portrait to landscape about the same, maybe a tad faster.
    3. Transition from landscape to portrait much faster. It used to get stuck in landscape and had to the shake thing to get to transition.
    1. Word. I lost 5.0 mb just sitting here not running anything other than stock + bb messenger.

2. Word.

3. Word.

4. Word. This could be due to the number of 3rd party applications each person is running.

And a 5. Browser seems faster.
    it's weird. i did notice that the second battery pull i did after i flashed my phone my phone loaded up a bit faster than the very first time i pulled my battery and re-started it after i updated my software... interesting...
    03-23-09 11:43 PM
    my mem has def increased a bit from .114 hybrid 1, the load time is super slow to boot up after a quick pull though but im running a ton of 3rd party apps, will play with this for a few more days before i make a decision wether to try v2 of crackmans 114 or not
    03-23-09 11:47 PM
    Same here, didn't notice a faster reboot either. Maybe it has to do with how many apps we are running. I have several installed on my phone.
    i have a few apps and my reboot was cut in half it seems...much faster!

time when reboot was started 12:45:00 time when phone was 100% back up 12:47:17 so 2 min 17 sec for a full reboot....pretty dang fast IMO
    03-23-09 11:48 PM
    Yup, it sounds like the reboot speed depends on how many 3rd party apps you are running.

Update: Doing a physical battery pull this time rather than using the QuickPull app...see if that makes a difference.
    03-23-09 11:50 PM
    yeah that does seem pretty fast if you ask me! like i said, the 2nd time i rebooted it did seem like my phone booted up faster. i'm actually going to startying using my phone and i'll let you know what i find, I hope it's all good though..hahah
    03-23-09 11:51 PM
    4 minutes into a reboot and still no blue status line...
    03-23-09 11:54 PM
    I've been running this for about an hour now. Its running GREAT. I came from the 109 beta.

- Typing lag is basically gone. At least so far.
    - Accelerometer is about the same as the other betas. Dont really notice a difference. HOWEVER, I can actually put my phone down on a flat surface and it doesnt go to landscape like it did 90 percent of the time before.
    - Memory is highest ive ever seen it at 42.3 MB with a quite a lot of apps installed.

BUGS
    RIM, PLEASE FIX THIS. Audio boost. It works fine until you receive ANY kind of alert, and then goes quiet. Only way to get it back is a soft reset/battery pull. Im using the BB headphones with media controls if that means anything, but im almost sure it does it with any.
    03-23-09 11:55 PM
    6 minutes to reboot. Doesn't matter if you reboot by pulling battery or using QuickPull takes the same amount of time. It has to be the amount of apps I have installed.
    03-23-09 11:57 PM
    ok latest findings... after waiting about 20 min after 2nd reboot my phione does seeem a lot quicker so far with typing in landscape mode. portrait mode hasn't been tested yet. as fasr as loading pictures, it does seem a bit faster again finally although i am still testing it out so i'll have to come back and report to you later though.
    03-24-09 12:03 AM
1,157 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD