If running VISTA you can do a search under the start button logo. Just type backup and it should be in that list.
    Ok i found the back up and i am DLing it is that going to take place of .113? do i need to dl .113 again?
    03-23-09 10:54 PM
    is it just me or does this seem slower? I mean i just upgraded from .109 to the stable .113 and for ex. when i go in to access my pictures or send out an mms message, it seem slike my clock/hour glass spins for 2 min which is twice as long as on my .109! Am i doing something wrong here? I did pop the battery out once i did the s/w upgrade of course but everything is seeming to take a bit longer than on my older software. any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks!
    Put the phone down and step away for about 20-30 minutes. Before you do, do another battery pull. For some reason time seems to play a role in how these OS' work....at least it seems that way.
    03-23-09 10:56 PM
    Ok i found the back up and i am DLing it is that going to take place of .113? do i need to dl .113 again?
    Nope just replaces all your personal data and settings. Is your browser back?
    03-23-09 10:56 PM
    Did you go thru RESTORE option in your BB Desktop Manager to restore backup file?
    03-23-09 10:57 PM
    Pholey thank you so much got it back...and it say .113 why Does your say .114? i know its a hybrid but is it any different?
    03-23-09 10:58 PM
    Do any of you OS slicers know where the color file is located? Can it be added from an older OS that had better color? I assume not since it hasn't been done already but worth asking.
    color is controlled by the radio file. .90 cdma is the way to go for full color.
    03-23-09 10:58 PM
    why? i think this is about same if not a tad better then .114 hybrid. it reboots a lot faster and the other features such as accelerometer and typing and camera are just as good. oh well i dont care what other think usually as long as i like it which i do
    Exactly, personal preference trumps all. Anyways, I did that and ended up getting into a political/racism argument. Complete waste of time and embarrassed to have done so.
    03-23-09 11:00 PM
    so.... worth the download? lol
    03-23-09 11:01 PM
    Been on all the betas (including .114 hybrid)to date and this on my Storm is by far the best:
    Accelerometer very responsive - almost instant from Portrait to Landscape and back
    Web Browser faster (om my phone) averaging 210kbit/s on CISCO GIST
    -Camera very fast to load
    -Pictures (on media card and internal)load very quickly and very responsive to finger swipe forward/backward
    -Cut and Paste feature more controllable
    -Phone, email and SMS all work well
    -Memory started off at 49.7Mb and after 3 hrs still at 45Mb running weather eye, hockey news and plazmic theme

These are just initial findings, but so far very impressive and especially so as this is a beta. Wet's the appetite even more for the official version eh????
    03-23-09 11:02 PM
    so.... worth the download? lol
    I would say it is. ALWAYS personal opinions on these things. Above all I noticed it was snappier than other builds.
    Put the phone down and step away for about 20-30 minutes. Before you do, do another battery pull. For some reason time seems to play a role in how these OS' work....at least it seems that way.
    hey thanks for the advice. i'm going to try it now. i've got my battery out and i'm waiting to turn it on for the next 20-30 min like you suggested. so you think that once i boot my phone back up again, it should load things up faster and the hour glass shouldn't spin effortlessly for 2 min? lol thanks again..
    Pholey thank you so much got it back...and it say .113 why Does your say .114? i know its a hybrid but is it any different?
    Sorry, I haven't updated my profile since loading .113. Fix it in a min.
    03-23-09 11:03 PM
    ok im with bell i can still install this correct?
    03-23-09 11:05 PM
    color is controlled by the radio file. .90 cdma is the way to go for full color.
    How hard would it be to add? What would it mess up?
    03-23-09 11:06 PM
    How can I downgrade back to .75? I just can't stand the color in this .113!!!
    03-23-09 11:10 PM
    hey thanks for the advice. i'm going to try it now. i've got my battery out and i'm waiting to turn it on for the next 20-30 min like you suggested. so you think that once i boot my phone back up again, it should load things up faster and the hour glass shouldn't spin effortlessly for 2 min? lol thanks again..
    i was actually upset at first because my .114 Hybrid (V1) seemed to be faster. i let it sit for a little while after battery pull/restarted and it is now just as fast if not faster then the .114 Hybrid. i definately like the fact it reboots so much faster. i do notice the color issue still but it really doesnt bother me honestly. the icons that show the color issue are few and far between on my phone so i dont care. my memory seems to have dropped from 42.0MB after reboot to 35.6 in only 1 hour which is somewhat concerning but the Hybrid was doing that on my phone as well so im basically used to it.

the only other issue is i cant seem to find opera mini for the storm? am i stupid or just blind?
    03-23-09 11:11 PM
    How can I downgrade back to .75? I just can't stand the color in this .113!!!
    whats wrong with the color?
    03-23-09 11:11 PM
    Go ahead and put battery back in and let it run idle for 20-30, sorry if I was unclear about that. The phone needs to boot up and sit idle so that everything has had a chance to process. Hope that help!
    03-23-09 11:12 PM
    really weird...since my last post a min or two ago my memory actually went up sitting at idle haha works for me!
    03-23-09 11:13 PM
    i was actually upset at first because my .114 Hybrid (V1) seemed to be faster. i let it sit for a little while after battery pull/restarted and it is now just as fast if not faster then the .114 Hybrid. i definately like the fact it reboots so much faster. i do notice the color issue still but it really doesnt bother me honestly. the icons that show the color issue are few and far between on my phone so i dont care. my memory seems to have dropped from 42.0MB after reboot to 35.6 in only 1 hour which is somewhat concerning but the Hybrid was doing that on my phone as well so im basically used to it.

the only other issue is i cant seem to find opera mini for the storm? am i stupid or just blind?
    Here's link for opera mini: http://mini.opera.com/beta/mini.jad?...&edituion=hifi

Click on this link using your BB browser.
    Last edited by Pholey22; 03-23-09 at 11:16 PM.
    03-23-09 11:14 PM
    I've tried .114 and had to go back to .75 then up to .113 best build, much faster and still testing apps, I'll let you know - .114 had problems with the "dial pad" during a call wouldn't go back to dial pad, also wouldn't go portrait - so far .113 is pretty cool -
    03-23-09 11:14 PM
    I did a clean wipe before installing the "official leaked .113" and now my flash on my camera doesn't want to work. I have switched it from automatic to on and it still does not come on when readying to take a picture. ...

Ok...

I will leave this here for comedic value...

I had my silicone skin improperly placed on my phone, thereby covering the flash.

Take away - if you do a clean wipe and install this version, please replace your skin properly.
    03-23-09 11:21 PM
    Coming from .103 which worked well on my phone. This is a good improvement in almost every aspect (so far). Especially typing, lots of lag in .103.
    The colour is far worse in this version but I guess I can deal until the official comes out or someone splices the OS files to make it right.
    03-23-09 11:22 PM
    Here's link for opera mini: http://mini.opera.com/beta/mini.jad?...&edituion=hifi

Click on this link using your BB browser.
    thanks got it but i actually dont like it. it is fast ill give it that but so is my standard browser and when you click to type the url the keyboard doesnt auto load and no green go button
    03-23-09 11:23 PM
    I did a clean wipe before installing the "official leaked .113" and now my flash on my camera doesn't want to work. I have switched it from automatic to on and it still does not come on when readying to take a picture. ...

Ok...

I will leave this here for comedic value...

I had my silicone skin improperly placed on my phone, thereby covering the flash.

Take away - if you do a clean wipe and install this version, please replace your skin properly.
    LMAO!!!
    03-23-09 11:25 PM
1,157 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD