Posting this twice sorry, dont know which area is getting more traffic.

Ok, someone please help me out real quick. I just backed up my phone and 3rd party apps. Doing the JL-Cmnder wipe as Crucial has in his write-up. Right now it is just sitting at a red screen with it saying connected? Does that mean the phone is wiped and I can do the steps to put .113 on?
    Any help I will take. Just need to know if that means it is wiped or not?
    03-23-09 07:37 PM
    Any help I will take. Just need to know if that means it is wiped or not?
    no the phone should reboot and you get an error code..
    did you type in "blackberry" when prompted?
    03-23-09 07:40 PM
    Its not. Not in the browser at least. Ive never had any other kind of keyboard lag other than in the browser in any of the previous leaks, so i dont know where people are coming up with this from.
    Yea I was referring to the browser. With .114 the lag in the browser was almost gone. So with .113 its still there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 07:41 PM
    wait... is the mms bug fixed or not?
    mms#1: I went to media/pic. Highlighted a pic, hit menu button to send as mms.... it forwarded a black box.

mms#2: I was in menu, hit bb button to compose mms, I attached one pic that was taken with camera and one that was not. I sent the mms to my other phone. This one went thru fine.
    03-23-09 07:42 PM
    no the phone should reboot and you get an error code..
    did you type in "blackberry" when prompted?

Yes and thats when it went to the red screen and said connected
    03-23-09 07:42 PM
    First time to dl an OS. Been on .75 since the first of January 09. Going for bout an hour now. Must say big difference. Camera much faster; accelerometer faster; Running glass theme and is smooth and fast; like the idea when you lock the phone and the screen goes black, you can touch the screen and nothing happens. You have to hit the command buttons on the bottom or the unlock button itself before the phone screens reactivates; browser doing great seems faster as well. Hopefully keep this route up.

Down loading this was a breeze if you follow instructions as provided. I thought I would have to re load my third party apps at a separate time however after completion everything was there as before just with the new .113 OS kicking. So far So GOOD!

Running Quicklaunch, Pocket Express, Stormlock, Stormtorch, Tip Calculator, Logmaid. All is well.
    03-23-09 07:45 PM
    you are kidding right?
    Ya know, I was at Verizon today looking at phones for my wife. I was playing with the storms they had which of course had .75. They were faster than I remember .75 being.
    03-23-09 07:45 PM
    Yea I was referring to the browser. With .114 the lag in the browser was almost gone. So with .113 its still there?

Yep its still there and its just as bad. And this is on a wap site (CB), so imagine a full blown non WAP site.
    03-23-09 07:49 PM
    Ya know, I was at Verizon today looking at phones for my wife. I was playing with the storms they had which of course had .75. They were faster than I remember .75 being.
    I thought I was the only one that might of notice that. I played around with the Storm last night and thought it was a new OS since it was pretty fast but then I looked, it was .75.
    03-23-09 07:51 PM
    Take anything I say on a per device basis. Just like anything running on an OS, each device can vary significantly.

- Typing lag seems to be much improved
    - Very fast screen transitions
    - Reboots are much quicker (took slightly less than 2 minutes)
    - Haven't noticed much an accelerometer speed increase from the latest hybrids
    - Color banding still present
    - 2 reboots and battery is still at 98%
    - Memory started at 41.8 and just now down to 40.8 with uptime of 44 minutes.

That's all I have noticed so far, but I have only been running for a few minutes.
    MMS still broken for pictures not taken on the Storm itself. Don't forget that

I know how to fix it though, but you'd like to not have to resort to these kinds of measures.
    So is this better than .114 Hybrid V2? If so how?

I thought I was the only one that might of notice that. I played around with the Storm last night and thought it was a new OS since it was pretty fast but then I looked, it was .75.
    So I'm not alone! I actually had to double check the OS, I didnt believe it was .75 at first.
    03-23-09 07:52 PM
    when will you all LEARN. when u wipe you are asking for trouble.. let the DM do it. you will not have as many problems...to many folks drink the kool aid when it comes to wiping.
    03-23-09 07:52 PM
    Yes and thats when it went to the red screen and said connected
    Mandingo what does the screen on your storm show?
    03-23-09 07:53 PM
    WOW the best yet it's ultra quick and the cut and paste is still there.
    03-23-09 07:54 PM
    MMS still broken for pictures not taken on the Storm itself. Don't forget that

I know how to fix it though, but you'd like to not have to resort to these kinds of measures.
    I will go back and edit that post since I have been running for a while now. Thanks for reminding me.
    03-23-09 07:54 PM
    So I'm not alone! I actually had to double check the OS, I didnt believe it was .75 at first.
    Memory was kind of low too with the one I was playing with, around 11mb of app. memory and the screen clicked really well too. But it could of been a new Storm or something. Either way, the OS was pretty good except the camera did lag when I was playing with that.
    03-23-09 07:55 PM
    Did a second battery pull. this reboot was not nearly as slow as the first.
    03-23-09 07:56 PM
    Typing lag is still here in a browser and the accelerometer is slower than bbcrackmans hybrid v2. I may go back

03-23-09 07:56 PM
    Typing lag is still here in a browser and the accelerometer is slower than bbcrackmans hybrid v2. I may go back

He just might have out v3 soon
    03-23-09 07:59 PM
    You guys that are rushing to go back don't forget these OS's need some time to settle in. I have found on every leak that when first installed they are slow and a little unresponsive. Give it 24 hours and some of you may be surprised. I'm not saying the MMS issue or any other bug of that nature will correct itself, but speed and smoothness should improve. Just a suggestion.
    03-23-09 08:00 PM
    Installed it...reset after about 30 seconds of playing around with it..not promising so far
    03-23-09 08:00 PM
    well if this is the next offical os then MASSSSSSIVE FAIL
    03-23-09 08:02 PM
    when will you all LEARN. when u wipe you are asking for trouble.. let the DM do it. you will not have as many problems...to many folks drink the kool aid when it comes to wiping.
    I know results vary, but I will second this. The only time I ever had problems loading a beta OS was after wiping my phone. Never wiped since then, never had any problems since then. And I've installed every os available.

Having said that, I also know some people can't seem to get a beta to work WITHOUT wiping.

You just HAVE to love our phones...
    03-23-09 08:03 PM
    Yup still not convinced about this .113 thing. Sticking with Hybrid V2.

03-23-09 08:07 PM
1,157 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD