Ok, I decided to try and download the OS .109 from here, and here it has been 3 hours since I started it, and it's not done anything. The bar is full, but nothing is being processed. This is hard to believe with a FIOS internet connection. So much for the "this may take several minutes"...more like "this may take several days."

2nd, I've downloaded a couple cool sounding apps, and I've listened to a few people who say upload them through Desktop Manager. BUTTTTTT I don't see them in D.M. So I downloaded WinZip to extract them, and they wouldn't do that either. I'd like the apps, but don't understand why they won't load.

Furthermore, I can't seem to find the compatability function. I've followed peoples directions here, and when I do so, it doesn't show up on my phone.

Hopefully the new OS will fix my slight lag problem I'm having.

Oh, and this issue with me getting 1/2 of the new message icon (the red dot), is getting irritating.

I think my phone hates me...lol

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone!
    02-26-09 09:52 PM
    Try a new mirror for the download maybe. You should be able to find several in the OS forum.

When you go to load the app are you in the Application loader, hitting Browse, and finding the .alx file? You have to extract the rar/zip file that you downloaded to a location (like the desktop). if it's a rar file you may need winrar not winzip.

Compatibility mode is located under optiions > advanced options > applications > highlight (dont click) the module you want to change, hit bb menu, then enable/disable compatibility mode.
    02-26-09 10:40 PM
    "Try a new mirror for the download maybe. You should be able to find several in the OS forum.

When you go to load the app are you in the Application loader, hitting Browse, and finding the .alx file? You have to extract the rar/zip file that you downloaded to a location (like the desktop). if it's a rar file you may need winrar not winzip.

Compatibility mode is located under optiions > advanced options > applications > highlight (dont click) the module you want to change, hit bb menu, then enable/disable compatibility mode."
    Like I said, it doesn't show me the options for Compatibility mode. It only shows me:

1) Show Keyboard
    2) Switch Application
    3) Close

That's it.

And the apps I have aren't .rar. They are .j something

Any help withthat>?
    02-26-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD