This site is awesome!!! getting my storm around dec 8th will they ship with the os updated? what do you think guys?
    11-30-08 08:26 PM
    Did they already release an update for the OS? I am pretty sure that verizon normally updates before they ship since you would need to go back anyway. I only say this because when they released the voyager's update to make it act like the dare when you received a replacement it had the update included.
    11-30-08 08:30 PM
    Nobody knows... It is not the 8th yet and the official release is not out. I would imagine not though. Unless they find a way to update them while they are in the box on the FedEx truck on its way to you.
    11-30-08 08:35 PM
    what day did you order yours?
    11-30-08 08:39 PM
    Once an update is approved by Verizon's technical staff, RIM still needs to get it into the production lines and ensure there are no production issues.

The answer is it takes a while before production units get the upgrade, ship to Verizon's warehouse, and then get shipped out on orders. Don't get your hopes up.
    11-30-08 09:23 PM
    Just spoke with verizon since my accelerometer was non-responsive. It seems the BB already knows about many of the issues and they are working on it as we speak. The rep claimed that the firmware update would be released somewhere in the Dec 15, 2008 range. Which will include the accelerometer fix. The update for something similar to the iPhone app store is set for Feb, wish that came first.
    12-03-08 10:45 PM
    Just spoke with verizon since my accelerometer was non-responsive. It seems the BB already knows about many of the issues and they are working on it as we speak. The rep claimed that the firmware update would be released somewhere in the Dec 15, 2008 range. Which will include the accelerometer fix. The update for something similar to the iPhone app store is set for Feb, wish that came first.
    sigh...
    12-03-08 10:53 PM
    Its set for March, at the earliest.
    12-03-08 10:55 PM
    I was reading through the other posts an someone said that their replacement Storm came with the .75 upgrade on it. Not sure what thread that was though.
    12-03-08 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD