I had been tracking a tracking number all weekend (thinking it was my storm), but what showed up today was my docking pod, and NO storm. So I called my rep, and they looked up my order and he told me because of the high number of orders that my order hasn't even been shipped yet and there is no way to tell when it will be. What is going on?? I thought if I ordered it before 2pm on friday, i would be getting it at least by today!! Now its not even ordered yet!
    11-25-08 07:07 PM
    HAHA. I ordered at 6:30 am. No tracking number.
    11-25-08 07:08 PM
    HAHA. I ordered at 6:30 am. No tracking number.

Ditto. Just called FedEx and nothing coming my way either
    11-25-08 07:09 PM
    9:30am Friday, online. No tracking number. Credit card charged on Monday.
    11-25-08 07:10 PM
    this sucks
    11-25-08 07:13 PM
    well I guess I got lucky. Ordered from amazon sat night new contract got the phone this morning.
    11-25-08 07:25 PM
    I ordered Fri. morning and it arrived today. There is a learning curve, but so far it is worth it.
    11-25-08 07:37 PM
    Join the VERY large crowd!!!!!!!!!!
    11-25-08 07:39 PM
    I ordered from Verizon Friday afternoon. They promised delivery today. No phone! I called customer service and they told me if you ordered after noon on Friday it won't be shipped until 12/5
    11-25-08 07:40 PM
    This is crazy, I went by my best buy today where I bought my storm on Sunday, and they still had 5 available..I'm in SC by the way
    11-25-08 07:43 PM
    Also, the verizon store less than a half mile away has been sold out since launch....
    11-25-08 07:44 PM
    Ordered mine 8am friday and still don't have the phone.
    11-25-08 07:45 PM
    Through reading what seems to be hundreds and hundreds of posts on here, I have come to this conclusion:

We will get the phone when we get it?
    11-25-08 07:46 PM
    i just got lucky, i just called my rep and she told me that my order was processed today and i should have mine by fri! so excited!
    11-25-08 07:46 PM
    i just got lucky, i just called my rep and she told me that my order was processed today and i should have mine by fri! so excited!
    HAHAHAHEHEHELOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! We have ALL heard that! If u didn't get a tracking number, don't believe ANYTHING they tell u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-25-08 07:54 PM
    HAHAHAHEHEHELOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! We have ALL heard that! If u didn't get a tracking number, don't believe ANYTHING they tell u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Poor guy, you probably just squashed all hope for him
    11-25-08 07:58 PM
    Like has been said, join the club. I ordered somewhere around 10:30-11AM PST on Friday, was told I'd have it by today, and the last time I called I got the same "after 12:00PM will be 12/5" line. Not that it stopped them from charging my account for the price of the phone.

It would have been nice to have it to play with over thanksgiving, but it'll get here when it gets here. What would be nice is if Verizon did a better job of training and informing it's call center reps so that you at least get a consistent story. First I was told I'd have it by today, then I was told it should ship by yesterday, then it was call back tomorrow if you don't have a tracking number, then it's you won't get it until at least the 5th. Also I called sometime before noon PST (it's now going on 6PM PST) asking them to at least send me the order number in an email so I could track it online. Still waiting on that one too. She verified my email address and everything, and I've gotten other emails from Verizon about other issues today, so it's not a spam filter thing.
    11-25-08 07:59 PM
    There seems to be no method to Verizons madness:
    Ordered 12:09 pm Fri
    No tracking number still
    Rep said fedex will deliver Black Friday before 7pm
    no tracking number still...

11-25-08 08:01 PM
    We will get the phone when we get
    it?
    Sagely advice.
    11-25-08 08:06 PM
    All BlackBery stores in St Louis area were sold out Friday morning. I got mine at Circuit City that night, they had 2 left. Glad I stopped by for a-- they just might maybe have one left look.
    11-25-08 08:06 PM
    I ordered from Verizon Friday afternoon. They promised delivery today. No phone! I called customer service and they told me if you ordered after noon on Friday it won't be shipped until 12/5
    my contract is with national government accounts. i just got off the phone with her and she told me that all orders PROCESSED by 2pm on the 21st will be shipped out today. all orders PROCESSED AFTER 2 will be shipped on or after the 5th. i dont know if this is just for national government accounts or the mainstream consumer accounts. all i know is that she told me for my number is that my order was shipped out today (dont have the permission to get tracking number with all the government security and such) but i should recieve mine either tommorw or fri due to thanksgiving on thurs. hope this helps shed some light on all left in the dark.

Cheers!
    11-25-08 08:21 PM
    my contract is with national government accounts. i just got off the phone with her and she told me that all orders PROCESSED by 2pm on the 21st will be shipped out today. all orders PROCESSED AFTER 2 will be shipped on or after the 5th. i dont know if this is just for national government accounts or the mainstream consumer accounts. all i know is that she told me for my number is that my order was shipped out today (dont have the permission to get tracking number with all the government security and such) but i should recieve mine either tommorw or fri due to thanksgiving on thurs. hope this helps shed some light on all left in the dark.

Cheers!
    I think you could call back 5 more times and get 5 different explanations on what will happen and why.

None of them have a clue. Like others posters have said, people on this forum know more than store employees and reps on the phone.
    11-25-08 08:34 PM
    I think you could call back 5 more times and get 5 different explanations on what will happen and why.

None of them have a clue. Like others posters have said, people on this forum know more than store employees and reps on the phone.
    i gues i just have to play the waiting game and let you all know by fri
    11-25-08 08:36 PM

My business sales rep said the exact same thing to me
    11-25-08 08:36 PM
    I ordered my storm over the weekend (i hit the VZW store at 9am fri and they were sold out like everyone else) and all i have so far is a "your order has been processed" by VZW and my CC was charged monday am so hopefully it'll come soon and be functional enough to do everything my curve could and more
    11-25-08 08:45 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD