has anyone setup their storm + orb to stream their webcam?

i just got it working, but for some reason the webcam feed is delayed by a good 10 seconds on my computer(when then in turn makes for a 10 + second lag to the phone).. is there a way to fix this?

in no way is it my computer.. its a brand new 3.0 ghz dual core with 4gb of ram.
    01-10-09 11:11 PM
    thats just the way it is... I have about a 13 second delay
    01-10-09 11:41 PM
    well thats horrible.. this needs to be adressed
    01-10-09 11:57 PM
    Its just the process it takes for your computer to upload and your phone to download. Develop a faster network for verizon so you can spy on your wife cheating on you as it happens, if it really bothers you this much.
    01-11-09 12:22 AM
    Interesting never knew you could do this with orb. Cool. Looks like I may try this so I can watch over my dog at work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 12:45 AM
    baDIC
    iam single. and it has nothing to do with verzion. The feed from the webcam to my computer takes 10 seconds alone.
    01-11-09 12:21 PM
    Can someone who got this working give me a rundown on how they did it? I've tried tinkering with the settings with no luck . I would love to use orbsecure when I'm not around! Thanks in advance.
    01-17-09 01:42 PM
    I should do this so I can watch my fish tank or guinea pigs while I'm away. Not because they need babysitting but just for fun, haha.

I can't really imagine what I'd be watching that a 10 second delay would be an issue, as long as it was running smoothly.
    01-17-09 01:56 PM
    The delay is from the streaming. Even though you may be logged into Orb on the same pc the webcam is connected to, you are streaming out and then back in. Perfectly normal. I was testing a live tv stream today and counted the same 10 seconds for it to reach my phone. I can live with it.

The first time I tested Orb on my webcam it was pointing directly at my h. He happened to let one rip, we both cracked up laughing, then we got to relive the moment again a few seconds later from my phone, and we cracked up again, and so on..... Kind of like looking at a picture within a picture within a picture.

Ok, maybe that was a little TMI.
    01-17-09 02:24 PM
    someone post a link to orb?
    01-17-09 02:31 PM
    Can someone who got this working give me a rundown on how they did it? I've tried tinkering with the settings with no luck . I would love to use orbsecure when I'm not around! Thanks in advance.
    bump bump bump
    01-17-09 05:01 PM
    someone post a link to orb?
    www. orb .com (sorry, can't post url's yet)
    01-17-09 07:48 PM
    baDIC
    The feed from the webcam to my computer takes 10 seconds alone.
    If this is the problem, then it is something on your end at fault. What kind of camera are you using, and how is it connected. I am guessing it is not usb since the lag. If it is over your network, then check your router settings.
    I have a usb cam and it is almost instant. If it is IP based, then you shouldn't have much lag either.
    01-17-09 09:30 PM
    has anyone setup their storm + orb to stream their webcam?

i just got it working, but for some reason the webcam feed is delayed by a good 10 seconds on my computer(when then in turn makes for a 10 + second lag to the phone).. is there a way to fix this?

in no way is it my computer.. its a brand new 3.0 ghz dual core with 4gb of ram.
    Could you tell me (or someone tell me) how they got the webcam feed working with their storm?
    01-19-09 11:38 AM
    can anyone tell me how they got their blackberry bold 9000 to see their cam using the orb app? Ive tried everything they told me to do and nothing seems to work .
    04-28-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD