I have downloaded ORB to my laptop at home which went smoothly. I have been able to access most of my videos, all of my pictures and none of my documents via ORB on my Storm.
    The videos i can access are 3gp and most of them on my computer are 3gp2 which for some reason I cant access on my Storm. All of my pictures open up fine and there are no problems there. For some reason I can see lists of all of my documents but I am unable to access any documents via ORB on my Storm. Which is a whole other thread all together.
    I originally downloaded ORB with the hopes of streaming my TV through my Storm which I have been unsuccessful thus far.
    I purchased a Haupauge(sp?) 950Q USB TV Tuner which I installed and uploaded all the software. I am able to only recieve 1 channel which is Ch. 3 through the TV Tuner and it is basically only the channel which i have displayed on the TV. So whatever I am watching on the TV I can view on my computer which isn't really what I had in mind. Also I can view the same channel on my computer which is on the TV but I am unable to view that channel on my Storm via ORB. How do I enable my computer or ORB or my Storm to recieve that 1 channel at least on the Storm? I have researched this and if I understand correctly I will also need an IR Blaster so I can change channels through ORB as well.
    Assuming I purchase an IR Blaster will this enable me to use my computer, TV Tuner and my Storm to access and CHANGE channels via my Storm through ORB?

Any help would be great and very appreciated since I have been trying all weekend to get this to function. Thanks in advance!
    Has anyone been successful in Streaming their TV through their Storm via ORB and if so what and how did you do to accomplish this?
    05-26-09 12:57 PM
    Anyone? Little Help? Any information?
    05-26-09 01:46 PM
    Someone's has to have some information?
    05-26-09 05:40 PM
    Crossing my fingers for someone?
    05-26-09 06:24 PM
    I never had problems with Orb - i think your setup may be wrong - i'd suggest wiping it off the computer and reinstalling. -I am in no way an authority on setup of Orb, but I'll give you some tips.

if you just want basic cable, split the line from the wall with a cable splitter and run it to your cable box and the other end to the computer.

if you want to use your cable box with it, run it to the cable box, then with RCA cable or with coaxial, run it to the computer - you may need to split it after the box if you use coaxial to the TV as well.

Right click the orb icon in the system tray and go to configuration. Click the button that says setup tv signal and provider.

If you're not using the cable box, click the circle next to that option. if you are using a cable box, pick the appropriate connection from the pictures - if using rca, hit that ... if using coaxial, choose the channel the cable tv comes out on.

From there just go through the rest of the options for your zip code and your provider.

To test that the TV is working right, load up orb on your computer, and go to TV ... then change the channel on the cable box. If it changes, then you're all set. Now just setup the IR blaster, which I haven't done with it, and you should be ready to go. if the IR blaster doesn't work then just re-do the setup and use the option to not use the cable box.

To test orb to see if it has a problem with the 3gp videos, try playing one on the computer through orb ... the thing is that orb transcodes it so all videos, no matter the type, go through to the phone as one format. If one doesn't work it should be that all don't work.

Good luck!
    05-26-09 06:54 PM
    I never had problems with Orb - i think your setup may be wrong - i'd suggest wiping it off the computer and reinstalling. -I am in no way an authority on setup of Orb, but I'll give you some tips.

if you just want basic cable, split the line from the wall with a cable splitter and run it to your cable box and the other end to the computer.

if you want to use your cable box with it, run it to the cable box, then with RCA cable or with coaxial, run it to the computer - you may need to split it after the box if you use coaxial to the TV as well.

Right click the orb icon in the system tray and go to configuration. Click the button that says setup tv signal and provider.

If you're not using the cable box, click the circle next to that option. if you are using a cable box, pick the appropriate connection from the pictures - if using rca, hit that ... if using coaxial, choose the channel the cable tv comes out on.

From there just go through the rest of the options for your zip code and your provider.

To test that the TV is working right, load up orb on your computer, and go to TV ... then change the channel on the cable box. If it changes, then you're all set. Now just setup the IR blaster, which I haven't done with it, and you should be ready to go. if the IR blaster doesn't work then just re-do the setup and use the option to not use the cable box.

To test orb to see if it has a problem with the 3gp videos, try playing one on the computer through orb ... the thing is that orb transcodes it so all videos, no matter the type, go through to the phone as one format. If one doesn't work it should be that all don't work.

Good luck!
    Thank you for the information. I have tried everything and still cant get it to work properly. I have tried plugging the coaxial straight into the computer, I have tried running a coaxial from the cable box directly to the computer but I still cant get the TV to play through ORB.
    I welcome any more advice from anyone out there.
    Thanks again!
    05-26-09 08:16 PM
    If you are using an analog tuner / USB stick, it may not be compatable. Check out Orb support center.
    05-26-09 08:34 PM
    05-26-09 08:34 PM
    I am using an analog/digital hybrid USB TV Tuner. Thanks for the info though. Anyone else been able to get ORB to stream on they're Storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 11:48 PM
    What happens when you try to view the video feed from your Storm?

You may be able to find more specific help on the Orb forums or on the UverseUsers.com forums. UVerse is kind of a unique beast and probably will not behave the same as traditional cable.
    05-27-09 08:24 AM
    What happens when you try to view the video feed from your Storm?

You may be able to find more specific help on the Orb forums or on the UverseUsers.com forums. UVerse is kind of a unique beast and probably will not behave the same as traditional cable.
    I am able to view 3gpp videos and MP4's that I have formatted for my Storm. I am also able to load all of my Uverse channel guide and view it on my Storm through ORB but when I try to watch one of the channels It loads up on the media player on my Storm then displays the ORB image stating that it is not connected or my TV Tuner is not functioning properly.
    Thanks for the advice i will try to look on hte UverseUsers.com forums and I have already been searching through the ORB forums.
    There has to be others who are using ORB and Uverse on their Storms and if they can get it to work then I have hope. Thanks for the input.
    05-27-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD