I gotta say, I'm not too impressed. Audio keeps cutting in and out when streaming Orb....

Any ideas on fixing this?
    Not too sure I just streamed through most of harold and kumar off my laptop with no lag, but after reading your reply I went back and did some music. The music occasionally skips but rarely. But for being a free app I have no complaints so far
    11-23-08 09:30 PM
    I have some security concerns. Is there anyway to block out anybody but me having access to these files? It says public account....
    11-23-08 10:01 PM
    I get all the way through your steps but when I play the link, my storm says that "the media being played is of an unsupported format." The media is streamed in a .asx format. I looked up the supported formats of the media player....

* Video format support: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV
    * Audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus

Thoughts? Do I need ot change the format at which I am streaming?
    11-23-08 10:01 PM
    I have a good EVDO signal, and checked everything on computer for problems and found none. It doesn't matter whether it's videos, music, or Sirius, it's fine on computer, but audio lags(buffers?) on Storm.

I've played with the streaming speed settings on the PC and the Storm, but still......
    Last edited by rfabro; 11-23-08 at 10:27 PM.
    11-23-08 10:05 PM
    I get all the way through your steps but when I play the link, my storm says that "the media being played is of an unsupported format." The media is streamed in a .asx format. I looked up the supported formats of the media player....

* Video format support: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV
    * Audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus

Thoughts? Do I need ot change the format at which I am streaming?
    same issue here and no one has addressed it yet, there are about 5 of us now in this thread with this issue. anyone know the fix? btw my ports for direct stream are not working, is this why? same for other ppl who haven't gotten it to work? if you can confirm i can start messing w stuff (firewall etc) and try to figure it out
    11-23-08 10:17 PM
    same issue here and no one has addressed it yet, there are about 5 of us now in this thread with this issue. anyone know the fix? btw my ports for direct stream are not working, is this why? same for other ppl who haven't gotten it to work? if you can confirm i can start messing w stuff (firewall etc) and try to figure it out
    This basically means that your PC lacks the necessary codecs to stream the media. Google "free codec pack". Once you have the proper codec(s), things should stream without error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 10:37 PM
    i just found that i BELIEVE BB cant stream the WMA file type so i changed it to stream through 3gp and it works fine. change what it streams through (via your phone) and it should fix the issue.

is this correct iamsupreme or is it all client side? i believe it has to do with the phones media player and not my computer. I have about 1000000 codecs that play anything
    Last edited by secretsexyninja; 11-23-08 at 11:04 PM.
    11-23-08 10:55 PM
    I added the K-Lite Codec and changed my streaming format to 3gp and all works....

This is awesome. Wow.
    11-23-08 11:24 PM
    do you change the codec on your pc and it automatically works on the storm? And where do you change the streaming format, on orb? usirius? and on your pc or storm?
    11-24-08 12:12 AM
    somethings gotta be wrong. i can bring up some songs but not all of them. and they wont even stream thru my storm. i have tons of vids on my laptop but orbit doesnt recognize any of them and i cant figure out how to get them to show up on my orbit page. cant seem to find any info in the help section so if anybody can help me out, it would be much appreciated.
    11-24-08 01:03 AM
    wow love it!
    11-24-08 02:05 AM
    do you change the codec on your pc and it automatically works on the storm? And where do you change the streaming format, on orb? usirius? and on your pc or storm?
    1. Download and install K-Lite Codecs on your PC.
    2. Go to Orb.com on your PC -> login -> Settings -> Streaming format to .3gp
    3. Go to Orb.com on your Storm -> login -> Audio -> favorite Channels
    11-24-08 09:07 AM
    Any ways of improving video quality? I'm streaming an xvid version of Stepbrothers and some other movies from my pc. The video quality if far from stellar. I admit that Orb is a sweet app, but does anyone have any tips for getting better quality in video? Is it degrading the video due to it streaming across 3G?

BTW, orb streams to another pc looks great.
    11-24-08 12:36 PM
    any security issues with hackers getting into you phone.
    11-24-08 12:53 PM
    I still can't get Orb to install on my PC. I tried it on a machine running Vista and on another running XP. Install fails on each at the System Check. WTH?
    11-24-08 01:30 PM
    I have a good EVDO signal, and checked everything on computer for problems and found none. It doesn't matter whether it's videos, music, or Sirius, it's fine on computer, but audio lags(buffers?) on Storm.

I've played with the streaming speed settings on the PC and the Storm, but still......
    I'm still having buffering/lag/audio-cutting-in-and-out problems, no matter the media. Nobody knows why? Could those of you having no problems please post your settings?
    11-24-08 02:07 PM
    I'm still having buffering/lag/audio-cutting-in-and-out problems, no matter the media. Nobody knows why? Could those of you having no problems please post your settings?
    It sounds like I am having the same issues as you. Orb works for video and audio, but they both skip/lag/cut in and out every 5 seconds or so. I am on Vista and the Storm. I downloaded and installed the K-Lite Codec Full. I also adjusted both the speed manually on my phone, and on my desktop Orb client, to try it with slower speeds, and that produced the same results. The upload speed on my computer is high enough (1.5meg), and I am in full 3G coverage with my Storm.

I don't have any answers, just sharing what I've tried and what hasn't worked for me.
    11-24-08 02:43 PM
    Yeah, dpollit, we're in the same boat-- we've tried everything and it still won't work right.

I'm very jealous of everyone who is loving theirs without complaint!
    11-24-08 06:49 PM
    Wow!

I am going to look into using this myself. I do have a TV card, and it looks like I wont be missing the NCAA Championship game this year after all. (I hate night shift, missed it the last 4 years!!)
    11-24-08 06:52 PM
    question: is this for current users only? is it free? can anybody give infor on how this works?
    11-24-08 06:58 PM
    Orb is free, Sirius is not.
    11-24-08 07:00 PM
    okay...so...Orb was the best...now I'm having a problem getting my sirius to run on it...whenever I try to listen to a sirius channel - it gives me the same error - Codec error, visit (www.orb.com/codecs) ....and if I leave it alone, it restarts my storm!!! here's what I've done in attempt to fix this...I have since deleted and reinstalled orb...I have installed k-lite code pack...and I have switched my streaming to 3g....I'm still having this same problem...ughh...

can anyone help?!?????
    Last edited by dwayneboweface; 11-27-08 at 01:01 PM.
    11-27-08 12:49 PM
    TRY THIS...it works for my LG Voyager when I get "use to" codec errors....

Run Usirius....then hit the STOP button--->SETTINGS--->RESET SESSION--->hit DELETE LINEUP CACHE.... now restart Usirius

That should do it.. I also noticed that from the orb options on my phone... If I choose a preset speed "80" for me... the sirius channels load and play much faster...good luck!
    Jerry
    11-27-08 01:03 PM
    TRY THIS...it works for my LG Voyager when I get "use to" codec errors....

Run Usirius....then hit the STOP button--->SETTINGS--->RESET SESSION--->hit DELETE LINEUP CACHE.... now restart Usirius

That should do it.. I also noticed that from the orb options on my phone... If I choose a preset speed "80" for me... the sirius channels load and play much faster...good luck!
    Jerry
    THANK YOU!!! It worked!!! I take it that it's a good idea to do that every couple of days to make sure it keeps working....

In terms of changing the speed, are you talking about going into the settings and changing the "fixed speed" from 251 KB/s to 80???
    11-27-08 01:10 PM
    yep.... like I said..I have an LG Voyager, will be getting the storm soon.... I went with 80.. the storm might be able to work on a higher setting.....trail and error ya know.. Im glade it worked!
    11-27-08 03:54 PM
180 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD