Hi

Got hold of a Storm this week and thought i would give it a try, have an 8320 at present, all was fine till i went to the BIS site to change my PIN

Now the PIN on the new phone is definately NOT registered as its brand new.

Iput the Change device into BIS and put in my New PIN and IMEI and i get an error dialogue box pop up saying

"The information you have provided is not compatible with your service provider"

I have read on here that a few people have a Storm on Orange so whats my error/problem ?
    05-21-09 05:02 PM
    Is your Storm Vodafone-branded? I heard voda wants to keep it very exclusive to their network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 07:12 PM
    Is your Storm unlocked ? Only unlocked storms will work on other carriers as they are locked to vodafone as standard.
    If it is unlocked on your storm go to options>advanced options>host routing then press the bb key & click register now.
    If that works you should then be able to switch on your BIS page.

05-21-09 07:22 PM
    Is your Storm unlocked ? Only unlocked storms will work on other carriers as they are locked to vodafone as standard.
    If it is unlocked on your storm go to options>advanced options>host routing then press the bb key & click register now.
    If that works you should then be able to switch on your BIS page.

this

10char
    05-21-09 07:51 PM
    Yes it is Voda branded but it was sold as unlocked

Any way to check if its unlocked or not ?
    05-22-09 02:27 AM
    Have you tried register now from your BB as i suggested ? If its unlcoked you shoul recieve a message to say its registered to the network you are on.....if its locked you'll probably not get a messge or maybe an error message
    05-22-09 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD