I am able to get the HQ option when using Firefox as my browser ID. Not sure its worth leaving it on FF ID because of how it affects the rest of the sites I visit.
    06-13-10 08:27 AM
    ^^ Download the "Player for Youtube" that I posted the link for and I can guarantee you it's much better than using the site.
    06-13-10 08:39 AM
    Player for Youtube is a must.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 08:43 AM
    "Player for Youtube" actually plays the "hq" and renders the video much clearer, check out the link for it.

Free Player For YouTube BlackBerry App Updated With High Quality Streaming, Manage Favorites & More | Apps & Games | BlackBerry Rocks!

Works quite well actually, watched about an hours worth of youtube with it last nite and to date is the most with my Storm because of previous players rendering sh1tty quality.
    Thanks for the tip! Like what I see so far.
    06-13-10 09:54 AM
    Awesome player! Anything for Dailymotion?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 10:26 AM
    +1 for Player for YouTube. And it's free. Awesome app.
    06-13-10 01:33 PM
    I just tried Player for youtube, but alas, it gave me the same crappy video quality as when I get "hq" from the browser. it's better than the worst stream, but an order of magnitude worse than what my touch displays. the sound is also "warbly" on the storm when playing youtube videos. it's just not good enough for me to enjoy watching anything from youtube on the phone. since I no longer have a MiFi unit, I can't use my touch unless I'm around my home or a fast, open wifi hotspot, so I was hoping this Player would fix the problem. it doesn't.
    06-13-10 02:26 PM
    I just tried Player for youtube, but alas, it gave me the same crappy video quality as when I get "hq" from the browser. it's better than the worst stream, but an order of magnitude worse than what my touch displays. the sound is also "warbly" on the storm when playing youtube videos. it's just not good enough for me to enjoy watching anything from youtube on the phone. since I no longer have a MiFi unit, I can't use my touch unless I'm around my home or a fast, open wifi hotspot, so I was hoping this Player would fix the problem. it doesn't.
    Player for YouTube is about the best option us BlackBerry owners have right about now for playing YouTube videos. Face it, you and I both know it...so why is it you keep complaining about it?

Wait for RIM to fix it...along side 30 other issues. Nothing we can do.
    06-13-10 03:19 PM
    Player for YouTube is about the best option us BlackBerry owners have right about now for playing YouTube videos. Face it, you and I both know it...so why is it you keep complaining about it?

Wait for RIM to fix it...along side 30 other issues. Nothing we can do.
    Lol, how do ya think the post count got so high

Sorry Dave, nothing against ya, but I couldn't resist.

Ya do hafta admit you've had more problems than the average user.

All kidding aside, it's the best to date and ya can't please everybody all the time.
    06-13-10 03:26 PM
    Lol, how do ya think the post count got so high

Sorry Dave, nothing against ya, but I couldn't resist.

Ya do hafta admit you've had more problems than the average user.

All kidding aside, it's the best to date and ya can't please everybody all the time.
    You HAVE to be kidding. Are you aware of all the times I get blasted for saying that my phone works great on 607? I can't count the number of posts that have been directed my way when I tell others that THEIR issue is their app load, and NOT the OS. You have painted a very inaccurate picture of my posting history here. oh well, if that makes you sleep better at night, thinking that somehow my phone has more problems than "the average user", go for it. I'll just pretend all those guys busting my chops for me saying my phone works well, was just an illusion. cheers!
    06-13-10 07:14 PM
    You HAVE to be kidding. Are you aware of all the times I get blasted for saying that my phone works great on 607? I can't count the number of posts that have been directed my way when I tell others that THEIR issue is their app load, and NOT the OS. You have painted a very inaccurate picture of my posting history here. oh well, if that makes you sleep better at night, thinking that somehow my phone has more problems than "the average user", go for it. I'll just pretend all those guys busting my chops for me saying my phone works well, was just an illusion. cheers!
    Really I was just kidding, I know your issues have been legit
    06-14-10 08:06 AM
    "Player for Youtube" actually plays the "hq" and renders the video much clearer, check out the link for it.

Free Player For YouTube BlackBerry App Updated With High Quality Streaming, Manage Favorites & More | Apps & Games | BlackBerry Rocks!

Works quite well actually, watched about an hours worth of youtube with it last nite and to date is the most with my Storm because of previous players rendering sh1tty quality.
    Thanks for the link Joel. Works great!
    06-14-10 10:53 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD